Help setting up my server on linux (centos)

• I’ve been trying for days to set up my Chivalry MW server but It’s very difficult since there is not very much documentation for Linux (centos in my case).

Here is my thread I’ve opened on steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/discussions/0/530649887219823054/#p3

My problem is currently when running this command:
    ./UDKGameServer-Linux aocffa-moor_p?steamsockets?adminpassword=changeme?port=7000?queryport=7010 -seekfreeloadingserver

All errors from steam:
    http://0335475da1d8100a.paste.se/

-Could anybody please help?

• Why are those backslashes in the startup line? :s

• [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
    dlopen failed trying to load:
    steamclient.so
    with error:
    steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This is the error pretty much every Linux server gets.

• Usually means Crusty forgot to package something properly and you need to copy your steamclient.so from your steam folder in to your chiv_ded_server/Binaries/Linux/lib folder :P

• @dudeface:

Usually means Crusty forgot to package something properly and you need to copy your steamclient.so from your steam folder in to your chiv_ded_server/Binaries/Linux/lib folder :P

I copied the steamclient.so to the lib folder and when running the command (“cd ~/Steam/steamapps/common/chivalry_ded_server/Binaries/Linux”) I get an error again:

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
    Loading library: libPhysXCooking.so
    Result of loading library libPhysXCooking.so: 0xac4e500
    Loading library: PhysXUpdateLoader.so
    ERROR: PhysXUpdateLoader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directo ry
    Result of loading library PhysXUpdateLoader.so: 0x0
    Loading library: libPhysXCore.so
    Result of loading library libPhysXCore.so: 0xac4e280

I’m guessing I need to put “PhysXUpdateLoader.so” into the chiv_ded_server/Binaries/Linux/lib as well?

• @MonkeyFiend:

Why are those backslashes in the startup line? :s

It was the only thing that initiated the startup for me

• @Confuge:

I copied the steamclient.so to the lib folder and when running the command (“cd ~/Steam/steamapps/common/chivalry_ded_server/Binaries/Linux”) I get an error again:

Result of loading library libPhysXCooking.so: 0xac4e500
    ERROR: PhysXUpdateLoader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directo ry
    Result of loading library libPhysXCore.so: 0xac4e280

I’m guessing I need to put “PhysXUpdateLoader.so” into the chiv_ded_server/Binaries/Linux/lib as well?

You guess correct!

• @Raizio:

You guess correct!

Alright, thanks!

The problem is that I’m not sure where the file is located. I can’t find it anywhere! :S

• Wait what? Is that not inside your Binaries/Linux/lib folder already? It should be packaged with the server stuff.

• @dudeface:

Wait what? Is that not inside your Binaries/Linux/lib folder already? It should be packaged with the server stuff.

NO. I can not find it there ubfortunately.

• Developer

The PhysX thing is a red herring, ignore that.

Steam’s still not initializing. Did I also forget to add a steam_appid.txt? I just looked at the build script and it’s there, but, uh.

chiv_ded_server/Binaries/Linux/steam_appid.txt
    contents should just be the game’s appid, so:

• This post is deleted!

• @CrustaceanSoup:

The PhysX thing is a red herring, ignore that.

Steam’s still not initializing. Did I also forget to add a steam_appid.txt? I just looked at the build script and it’s there, but, uh.

chiv_ded_server/Binaries/Linux/steam_appid.txt
    contents should just be the game’s appid, so:

I seemed to be missing that appid file, thanks for telling me!

[root@dns ~]# cd ~/Steam/steamapps/common/chivalry_ded_server/Binaries/Linux
    [root@dns Linux]# ./UDKGameServer-Linux aocffa-moor_p\?steamsockets\?adminpassword=xxxxxxxxx\?port=7000\?queryport=7010 -seekfreeloadingserver
    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 219640
    Result of loading library libPhysXCooking.so: 0xa69b500
    ERROR: PhysXUpdateLoader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Result of loading library libPhysXCore.so: 0xa69b280

I can’t seem to launch it without the “PhysXUpdateLoader.so” file though. Could anybody please share their file perhaps, since I don’t have it? It would be greatly appreciated.

• I guess you’re not supposed to be able to set up an server for Linux on this game. What a shame…

• Just checked on my server, I get the exact same PhysxLoader error. That isn’t the problem.

In fact my startup looks more or less identical. Are you sure your server isn’t actually working? :P

• @dudeface:

Just checked on my server, I get the exact same PhysxLoader error. That isn’t the problem.

In fact my startup looks more or less identical. Are you sure your server isn’t actually working? :P

That’s a good question. How do I check for it?

• Well… look for it in the server browser. Or start the game, open console, and use the open command.
    e.g. “open 222.222.222.222:7000”

obviously replace your server’s IP address and port there.

• @dudeface:

Well… look for it in the server browser. Or start the game, open console, and use the open command.

Thanks, but it didn’t work. I did exactly as you said. It gave me a white screen, then it quits the game.

• @dudeface:

Well… look for it in the server browser. Or start the game, open console, and use the open command.

I’ve been trying to set up my server since the 18th of August and I’ve solved many problems on the way, but I don’t know what to do about this now.

I’d really appreciate if you could take a look at my VPS and perhaps see what’s wrong. I fully understand if you don’t have time also.

Thanks

• Whoops, sorry mate, I forgot to respond to that. I am rather busy with contract work atm.
    (and I know how long this stuff can take to sort out. I don’t even have time to run my server let alone someone else’s :P)