Killing Floor 2 meets Chivalry! New game crossover items + gory screenshot contest

• Developer

Killing Floor 2 and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare have combined arms!

Diabolical cross-collaborative experiments at Tripwire Interactive and Torn Banner Studios have bred freakish new content in both of our games. Coming soon:

In Chivalry, owners of Killing Floor 2 will gain access to the following new items:

• Hedge Trimmer Blade, a replacement for the knife
    • Gorefast Longsword, a replacement for the Longsword with hilt made of hands
    • Maulverizer, a replacement for the Maul
    • Fleshpound Quarterstaff, a replacement for the Quarterstaff with Fleshpound arms attached at either end
    • Plague Doctor Gas Mask helmet in two variations
    • Horzine Emblem

In Killing Floor 2, owners of Chivalry will unlock a brand new, fully voiced character:

• Tom Banner, a Knight who wields the deadly Zweihander

Stayed tuned for more details right here, and at http://www.killingfloor2.com/

To celebrate, we’re hosting a KILLING FIELD screenshot contest where you can win copies of Killing Floor 2 for yourself and friends!

To enter, submit your goriest Chivalry screenshots or animated GIFs to the Steam Community Artwork Gallery. We’ll be selecting our five favourite entries, and each will win a Killing Floor 2 code!

Rules:

• Enter a new screenshot or animated GIF to the Artwork gallery by September 3 at 11:59PM PT
    • Include “CHIVALRY: KILLING FIELD” in the description
    • Multiple entries are allowed and encouraged
    • All entries must follow general Steam content guidelines
    • All entries may be used by Torn Banner Studios for promotional purposes
    • Original artwork does not count, but we encourage fan art for fun’s sake!

Selection:

• Torn Banner Studios will select five (5) winners to receive a Killing Floor 2 Steam code
    • Winners to be announced September 4

• Thank you brother.

• I have a feeling I prompted this with my thread in general. Anyway, FUCK YES THIS IS THE COOLEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN IN CHIV. HOLY FUCK MAULVERISER.

• I’ve never hear of the killing floor tbh but as I do like fps games so will buy it in the morning for my super rig.
    Those video’s of this Kf2 do look very good imo.

• A longsword made from hands. Wow. As cool and bad ass as that is, I really hope you guys hire an art director for your next game to keep everything somewhat inline with an actual medieval aesthetic. I suppose this also opens the door for some really dumb workshop items.

• How does the zweihander looks in killing floor?? In fact, how does the melee mechanics in that game works, is it tracer based or hitscan? Can you b0ckswings?

I would like a game with that gore system and tracer based melee!1 Sounds really interesting tbh

• Of course.

While you’re talking with tripwire interactive can you please convince them that unreal 4 is awesome and they should stop trying to modify unreal 3 for their upcoming games.

• This is exactly the kind of garbage I don’t want to see in my Chivalry.

• @SOC:

This is exactly the kind of garbage I don’t want to see in my Chivalry.

Compared to the stupid shit that’s already been added, this stuff is amazing. So download a mod that reskins these to default if you don’t like them that much and get real.

• @Oy:

Compared to the stupid shit that’s already been added, this stuff is amazing. So download a mod that reskins these to default if you don’t like them that much and get real.

A sword with hands for a hilt is not amazing, it’s worse than anything else ever added ever. And I want to see the good stuff, none of the bad stuff.

• This post is deleted!

• I don’t think so, I’ve often wanted a hand and a half sword as nice as that. Some of the fantasy skins are ugly and really got out of hand, but this gorefast sword is different. Maybe you just can’t handle something this awesome, or a MAULVERIZER, but at least you don’t have a hand in choosing skins.

That’s why you can replace the model files for these new skins with default or other dlc skin models, so YOUR chivalry is unaffected. I personally look forward to maulverizing pubs with a gas mask. Only question is when does it release?

• Longsword with hands…

For the bugs, imbalances and dev “support” alone this game is joke, but with Final Guard SOWs, Burning Sun sets, Crusher helmets and now Longswords With Hands this is turning into total dumpster.

• @SOC:

I think that connecting two different games and bringing communities together (especially when Chiv’s is rather small) is MILES better than what could’ve happened during the Polycount contest if TBS decided to go ahead and put fantasy stuff right from the beginning and now we’d have a dozen WoW inspired sword or fluorescent helms with rainbow colored feathers.

I’m kind of ok with this at this point of Chiv’s age.

• @Alphonse:

I’m kind of ok with this at this point of Chiv’s age.

Exactly, this is the most excited I’ve been about Chivalry in a looong time. And to be fair, it’s just 1 hand split in two. Hasn’t anyone here played KF? COME ON!

• I’m just happy if javelins are removed or nerfed next patch, I sincerely don’t care about ugly skins when the game is unbalanced.

• Oy is a massive killing floor fan lol. I’ve seen him on the tripwire forums a bit when I’m posting about Red orchestra 2.

• I think playing as a zwie knight in KF2 is gonna be epic. This shit in chiv is just a little bonus. And I love that it makes people salty.

• @Oy:

I think playing as a zwie knight in KF2 is gonna be epic. This shit in chiv is just a little bonus. And I love that it makes people salty.

Certain people. :3

• Mod

I hope with the addition of these weapons Torn Banner will consider adding Dank Manor as an official map :D