Viz Says…

• “[insert weapon here] is not OP, it just leaves little room to screw up…”

-VizualDeciple

Agree or Disagree?

• in my opinion it depends

• When the game is lagging like hell ill probably be the first to admit ill try to exploit the claymore because of the lag. When it’s lagging sometimes u get hit while it’s still in the windup phase but there are always ways to get passed it. I think Torn Banner balanced the weapons pretty good. People say the claymore is op because of that exploit.

• Well I hear that’s the case with the sword of war too. I try to parry when I hear the grunt in those situations but sometimes that isn’t enough. The saving grace with the claymore is that it may be fast but you’ll still have enough health by the time you realize you’re getting hit (if you are a vanguard or knight that is) . The developers balanced speed with low damage so IMO that exploit isn’t THAT bad. Combo feinting with the claymore is freaking devastating though if you’re up against a panic parryer XD

I remember you from a couple of days ago in LTS GG man first time I’ve seen Bigfatty have a hard time beating someone :)

• @VizualDeciple:

Well I hear that’s the case with the sword of war too. I try to parry when I hear the grunt in those situations but sometimes that isn’t enough. The saving grace with the claymore is that it may be fast but you’ll still have enough health by the time you realize you’re getting hit (if you are a vanguard or knight that is) . The developers balanced speed with low damage so IMO that exploit isn’t THAT bad. Combo feinting with the claymore is freaking devastating though if you’re up against a panic parryer XD

I remember you from a couple of days ago in LTS GG man first time I’ve seen Bigfatty have a hard time beating someone :)

:) gg to u to. I think I remember u as well
    Lots of high levels I’m that LTS game. Especially for a public match. Even Kaliot was in it.

• This post is deleted!

• claymore is broken! 1v1 me FIRECRACKER u scrub

• Ok when will your death happen?

• How do people feel about the Messer?

• Terrible imo lol

• @VizualDeciple:

How do people feel about the Messer?

Bad…
    Probably one of the last primary weapons I’d pick as a knight tbh. Long sword FTW!

• @VizualDeciple:

How do people feel about the Messer?

@King:

Terrible imo lol

@RetractedBoot:

Bad…
    Probably one of the last primary weapons I’d pick as a knight tbh. Long sword FTW!

Console peeps are playing a whole different Chivalry then.

• Crazy. Maybe it’s based on pre-The-Patch Chivalry :O

• Messer is just a faster maul that does slash damage, making it more effective against 3 of the classes, with a fast windup, can 2 shot 3 of the classes, 1 shot 2 of them, and has literally no downside. Messer is arguably one of the best weapons in the game. Console Chiv is different indeed.

• I like hearing the different opinions that you guys have, to me the Messer is a case of “less chances to screw up” especially since I frequently play vanguard XD

I know most people hate it on console because there are currently super combo-feinters on Xbox so it is possible to be killed without getting a chance to hit the individual. I also believe that any 2 hitter quitter weapon like that can make a level 10 play like a level 20. Personally it irritates me when I’m beating someone and they can just hit-trade kill me like its nothing, and lag Messer kills are even worse but I digress…

Unlike PC, console Chivalry is in its adolescence period so there are very few who can read feints like I’ve seen PC players do on YouTube. Hell, I remember a couple months after Chivalry came out for Xbox, players were looking at feints, dragging, and rainbows like it was black magic. Console Chivalry is only really different in periods of time really, if the community stays alive long enough and TB doesn’t leave us for dead in terms of updates, we will be as good as PC players eventually…I can dream can’t I? But If this doesn’t happen I’m going to invade PC edition and start cracking skulls XD

Rambling over.

• I’m holding to.ascend to the PC master race soon.

Been looking at PC chivalry and I guess they have something called Mercs mod that became the basis for competitive Chivalry?
    It nerfed a few classes and made hit trades far less common? Sounds like a great idea for Console. Hint hint……

• @dudeface:

Crazy. Maybe it’s based on pre-The-Patch Chivalry :O

Doubt we have gotten whatever patch your talking about.

Since I started playing we’ve only had one update.

• well in my opinion since i main zweihander vanguard, the messer is the most annoying weapon to fight. lol most times i catch messer knights with their feints with the zweihander, but my zwei is so slow they are able to just hittrade me all the time… it makes no sense how a bastard sword on this game can combine the damage of a true two handed sword, but with the longsword’s speed. in my opinion it doesent take much work at all to do well with the messer… i hear newcomers talk to me all the time about their best weapon is the messer. lol

• @Rickvs:

Console peeps are playing a whole different Chivalry then.

Well I’ve seen a lot of long sword players on pc vids and also I’d probably use it if I wasn’t that bad with it. I’m trying it out for a while.

• Messer is pretty good for it’s power and dragging, but it’s shorter than what I’m used to as a sword. That’s fair, people talk about certain weapons being OP but I think that most weapons have both pros and cons.