Capping FOV can only do you good

• I’d be totally fine with 120 FoV cap. I think the benefits far outweigh the consequences and would make the game more fun.

• There are a couple of advantages to the high FOV. One is visibility to actually see behind you when performing a ROH and other advanced moves. Granted it is distorted and has a small view area at the top but it is enough to detect what that person maybe doing behind you. It also gives the sense of increased speed and ease/increase of mouse control when pushing the attack turn cap similar to how third person gives you mouse movement advantages. In other words you do not have to move your mouse as far or as much while not having to max out mouse sensitivity.

In my opinion (for Andimar who likes to quote me out of context while editing comments to suit his need, cannot differentiate between facts and opinion) higher FOVs clearly give an advantage for those willing to trash a beautiful game just for that extra advantage, thus it is not a level playing field. Because the net advantage is so close to third person advantage, it should have been capped specially in the comp scene as you would want to make it as level as possible.

• Welp, its WAY easier to drag with high FoV since you can see the whole animation (especially with weapons like Halberd, but this is questionable since you can learn “perfect” drags with low fov as well) and you get better situational awareness, b0ckswing thing is just good for noobs who are learning the distances and all that jazz, if you know how to do it right, you can do even with 90 FoV no problems at all. But here is the funny part, you can do all this shit and even be a better player then those 150 fov guys with any fov value you want. So I don’t give a fuck what fov you use, in team fights its a true advantage though, maybe I should give a fuck. But mang, just look at this game… we have fucking b0ckswings, what is high fov compared to that? Game is all broken tbh.

I simply can’t give a fuck lol, this game is not even serious. With all due respect, I really don’t know how some guys bet money on this shit lol.

I got used to 120 now and thats my FoV value for now on. I feel less exploity tbh!

• @Vanguard:

b0ckswing thing is just good for noobs who are learning the distances and all that jazz, if you know how to do it right, you can do even with 90 FoV no problems at all.

You can perform them almost the same, what’s different is what happens after your ROH is parried. I can immediately recognize if my opponent has high FOV, when I parry his ROH I circle to his back and look down - people with regular FOV panic parry thinking they’ll be riposted or get disoriented for a moment, while 140+ FOVers just lookd up unfazed like nothing happened.

• @petergriffin:

You can perform them almost the same, what’s different is what happens after your ROH is parried. I can immediately recognize if my opponent has high FOV, when I parry his ROH I circle to his back and look down - people with regular FOV panic parry thinking they’ll be riposted or get disoriented for a moment, while 140+ FOVers just lookd up unfazed like nothing happened.

Haven’t thought about that man, its true I agree!

• It’s not true though, I don’t panic after I ROH with 115 fov. Although a FOV cap should be there, above 135-140 it’s just ridicolous.

• @Xylvion:

It’s not true though, I don’t panic after I ROH with 115 fov. Although a FOV cap should be there, above 135-140 it’s just ridicolous.

Neither do I (sometimes I do though lol some opponents are just plain scary tbh), but I know people who would if they could not see it. Guy just keeps crouched with almost full back at me, and when I attack he sees it lol. Thats not a problem though as such thing is plain retarded and obviously easily punished.

But you know, I can see how 150 fov helps in this. As I said I don’t really give a shit and don’t know if I should or even if it is worth to give a shit.

• Yes I also noted that over head reverse at very high fovs from my perspective in game hardly makes any animation move.
    why its almost done seemingly like a fast stab from a butter knife. Yes even the very high fov troll maul knights use it.
    Its like the weapon doesn’t even leave there body to hit you and they carry on moving as they glance you with the roh.

• wow
    /10chars

• @loin:

Yes I also noted that over head reverse at very high fovs from my perspective in game hardly makes any animation move.
    why its almost done seemingly like a fast stab from a butter knife. Yes even the very high fov troll maul knights use it.
    Its like the weapon doesn’t even leave there body to hit you and they carry on moving as they glance you with the roh.

Thats largely why i left CMW and never returned. That and 3rd person view breaks the game. From memory capping FOV has been discussed previously and can not be enforced in the unreal engine.

• @giantyak:

Thats largely why i left CMW and never returned. That and 3rd person view breaks the game. From memory capping FOV has been discussed previously and can not be enforced in the unreal engine.

Understandable, this is also my biggest issue with the game. There is not really any discussion when it comes to 3rd person or high fov players having an advantage over others, because they do. They have much more vision, they are harder to punish for lack of awareness around them and it allows for these stupid moves and tactics to be pulled off with almost no risk. Miss a swing? Just keep running around in circles looking into the ground and try again.

I always laugh when people try these things on me in 1st person servers, only for them to fail and get punished for it. If you are gonna fight someone, turning your back to them is not a good idea. If it weren’t for the 1st person only servers out there, I would have stopped playing as well. Unfortunately, I have to live with the fov.