Hi PC players!

• I was thinking about going from Xbox edition to PC and I wanted your feedback on whether gameplay and the community is better there. I know it sounds like a dumb question but things over on the console side of the fence are starting to get a little repetitive so…

• The game is far more in depth on PC because you have more players VS player battles. You will have more skills that you will need to learn on mouse and keyboard that you simply cannot do with a controller. It will take time, there is nothing easy in this game once you get into the deeper aspects of the game mechanics. There are more custom maps and types of game play once you get into the comp scene. It is not huge but it is still active and there is lots to learn and enjoy. It is quite a challenge and can take months to get to a decent level of play. Be prepared die a lot.

• Do come to pc. It’s wayyyyy superior to the consoles. And this is coming from someone whom has played a great deal of both ports.

• You will have more players vs players howRetsnom said, then all steam support such as workshop, guides and so on. Probably the pc version is more updated that the console but I am not sure of it

• There’s a lot more control with mouse & keyboard compared to the aweful console controllers.
    Also the potential for largerscale battles than the consoles can offer

downsides:

none that I can think of :P

• Take it from someone who has made the switch from ps3 to pc that the players are alot better and what ever strategy you use for xbox will most likely not work for you on pc the skill gap between us console players and pc players is huge and if your not ready to go 3-25 in dueling servers and put a major effort into playing with a keyboard you will likely rage quit it is a good reality check if you think your good really.

• I cant imagine how hard and annoying this game would be on a console.
    I can tell you one thing though PC is fucking trolled to the max and there is no such thing as an admin just fucking troll society. Only admins i have come across rage kicked me and I think muttered something about hacking :/ this was obviously a private server.

• @Wrath:

I cant imagine how hard and annoying this game would be on a console.
    I can tell you one thing though PC is fucking trolled to the max and there is no such thing as an admin just fucking troll society. Only admins i have come across rage kicked me and I think muttered something about hacking :/ this was obviously a private server.

Hi. I’m an admin. If you run into trouble on official servers on PC, contact us and let us know about it.

• @Wrath:

I can tell you one thing though PC is fucking trolled to the max and there is no such thing as an admin just fucking troll society.

perhaps it depends on the region, US central and east is in general pretty good, now and then you get an asshole or two but its really not bad.

• @Wrath:

I cant imagine how hard and annoying this game would be on a console.

it’s not as bad as some PC players make it out to be lol it has decent controls, but I hear mouse + keyboard = 2x annoying

The real issue is the half ass game content and the lag, but I’ve gotten a little used to the latter.

• @VizualDeciple:

it’s not as bad as some PC players make it out to be lol it has decent controls, but I hear mouse + keyboard = 2x annoying

The real issue is the half ass game content and the lag, but I’ve gotten a little used to the latter.

It’s the controller that’s 2x annoying. What you heard is the result of console players being butthurt because they can’t handle the fact that playing on console is limiting their chivalry experience.

• How so though?

http://powerleveled.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Chiv-Controller.jpg

Its an easy set up for those that don’t want to screw around with mouse placement and pressing a wrong key, no offense to you PC players but I’m just being honest. Each button/analog does something and the controls learning curve is a lot less timely than on PC. That way we can worry about improving in game skill instead of computer set up, but I digress…If you guys can deal with mouse + keyboard then I think I can too.

• I have played nearly 1200 hours on PC and countless hours on XBOX. Trust me, Keyboard and mouse is superior.

• Controls are pretty much the same for any first person game lol. Nobody pushes the wrong buttons anymore than people on a controller.

• Pretty much. You can’t even change the binds on console(For most games) ;_;

• I’ll leave it alone but I just don’t understand how people believe chivalry is better with a keyboard and mouse than with a device that was made for playing games lol

• If controllers are so good for playing games tell me why first person shooters on console have aim assist?

• LB+A to dodge. A second wasted dodging.Not to mention the jumps you do when it doesn’t work. KB+M you press a key near to where you are playing or a mouse button which takes way less than a second.

Heard of gaming keyboards?
    #PC master race #60FPS #Servers.

• Mouse>Analog sticks, hope this answers your question.

• @lemonater47 I don’t use aim assist so I wouldn’t know. I can assume it makes games easier just like I’m suggesting a controller does lol.

I’m saying what I’m saying cause some treat chivalry with a controller like rocket science, seriously. If a 10 year old can play this game with a controller (Trust me they do) then anyone can. It’s not that difficult. I’m not trying to claim Console>PC or nothing like that, I just think that people claiming that playing with a controller makes you “unskilled” or “takes away from the gaming experience”, is wrong.

As for difficulty between the two I’ll take Harold’s word for it cause he’s been in both worlds. But I digress this was never supposed to be about comparing controllers to mouse + keyboard, this is about game content.