Team Killing Epidemic

• IS there a way to have it boot players for team killing more than say 3 times? Multiple lobbies last night(first night playing) where guys are team killing on purpose. IE waiting in the spawn and killing you/ attacking you as you spawn and also on the battle field. Also, maybe take away the stats and xp from team killing. IE no xp earned and doesn’t effect the person that’s being team killed? The game is lots of fun when I’m not having to fight opposing and teammates in the same battle. Thanks

• you get XP for team kills :D !?

awesome

• The developers cannot control what players do. They also do not plan to implement any kind of punishment system; that is up to the server operator to decide.

I’ve seen it in many one or two games, not much you can do.

• Type votekick in console if someone is intentionally TKing.

• So then basically official servers are useless if guys are Tkilling unless somehow people agree to votekick someone. Obviously devs can’t control players but there’s games that have deterrents for Tkilling. Goes to show you that community players ruin games.

• Yes this is seriously an issue, which is why i only play FFA now. It’s much harder, but way more fun and heart pounding action. Try it :D. Once they fix this TK bullshit, i’ll go back to team games.

• I’ve never seen a kick vote on an intentional teamkiller fail.

• Lol. I finish a match (only about 8 people in it). I die 4 times. 2 of which are TK… Do some players not realize that a horizontal swing will hit teammates in large skirmishes? Do they also not realize that there are two other attacks that are better suited for that? Also, ranged weapons… I’d like to congratulate my teammates on their head shots but when most of them are on me… I can’t.

As a general rule of thumb, I just vote “yes” to all kicks. I may not know them but I’m personally ok with one less teammate if it is so distracting to another player (no matter what they are doing) that it warrants going out of their way and starting a vote.

• I imagine part of the problem is that the weapons pass through bodies, and so follow-throughs can unintentionally hit teammates. (i know the DEVs decided on weapons passing through bodies for a reason). Not much you can really do about this problem other than give the wild swingers a wide berth?

Also, on more than one occasion i have found my intended target either moved suddenly or dead mid swing…. leaving a team-mates head unfortunately in the way of my blade :?

I’m sure most TK’s arent on purpose

• Yes intentional TD or TK is saddening. Reminds me of M&B servers with no admins which sometimes evolves into a wild west / trolling scenario…

I guess the good (favorite) servers will be those that are policed the most. So far I’ve (almost) only been playing with good people who just wants to have a good game and my experience is of a respectful and mature community, but then again a lot of people are buying the game atm…

Maybe try to lobby server owners to autokick when players hit 5 teamkills?

• Friendly fire is part of the experience, I would be sad to see it removed. Yes, there is a TKing epidemic, but rarely is it on purpose. I believe it has to do with player lack of experience. I’ve been playing Chivalry the last two days and have noticed a slight decline in the number of TKs. People will eventually learn to start using the stab and overhand swings in confined combat. It just takes more practice to use them effectively. They will also start to realize that they don’t need to spam the attack key, this results in too many over-swings.

If friendly fire was disabled then people would just going berserk all the time. I think having friendly fire enabled results in more strategic and realistic play. Again, it will take some time for people to adjust, but it already appears to be getting better.

One more thing, ARCHERS, you need to take better shots. Yes, practice will eventually lower the number of archer TK’s. I played exclusively as an archer for a number of rounds yesterday and eventually was able to play entire rounds without killing teammates.

Practice and experience will address the issue. Just give it time and realize you’re not being TKed on purpose. For those of you who accidentally TK, Please Say Sorry, it will take a little rage out of your victims and make everyone feel better.

• @y2jrock60:

Friendly fire is part of the experience, I would be sad to see it removed. Yes, there is a TKing epidemic, but rarely is it on purpose. I believe it has to do with player lack of experience. I’ve been playing Chivalry the last two days and have noticed a slight decline in the number of TKs. People will eventually learn to start using the stab and overhand swings in confined combat. It just takes more practice to use them effectively. They will also start to realize that they don’t need to spam the attack key, this results in too many over-swings.

If friendly fire was disabled then people would just going berserk all the time. I think having friendly fire enabled results in more strategic and realistic play. Again, it will take some time for people to adjust, but it already appears to be getting better.

One more thing, ARCHERS, you need to take better shots. Yes, practice will eventually lower the number of archer TK’s. I played exclusively as an archer for a number of rounds yesterday and eventually was able to play entire rounds without killing teammates.

Practice and experience will address the issue. Just give it time and realize you’re not being TKed on purpose. For those of you who accidentally TK, Please Say Sorry, it will take a little rage out of your victims and make everyone feel better.

Definitely, friendly fire makes the combat a lot more interesting.

What would be great is if when you pressed Q after the point of no return on a swing (feint) you could still cancel the attack (cause no damage to anyone) but would put you off balance for a second and reduce stamina, that way you could stop your weapon from taking your mate’s head but it couldn’t be abused.

• Alot of tears here. When i go 30 kills plus, the 4 times i died to TK dont really seem to apply…

• I love the teamkill. Most rounds I’ll get teamkilled a few times, and I might throw in an accidental teamkill myself, but it’s all part of the experience like was mentioned above.

It’s a game, what does it really matter to die at your teams hands a few times if it helps with the immersion?

• Ok, maybe this is just the way i’m seeing things, but you can’t compare accidental team killing to how it works in other FPS games, and i think a lot of people are trying to do that.

In a game like Call of Duty, if you accidentally team kill someone it’s a huge mistake. You saw them, you pulled the trigger, they died. You’re fault.

But in this game, when you can accidentally hit allies that aren’t even on your screen with some 2h weapons, well then there isn’t a lot you can do about that because you had no way of knowing he was there at all. In addition to that, if you try to sprint through a skirmish, or if you throw yourself into one like a lunatic, and an ally hits you then that’s YOUR fault that you got killed.

Plus you can never forget it’s a melee game. Things can get chaotic, and an expert player can redirect sloppy attacks into allies with careful timing and footwork.

The point I’m trying to make in all this is that some players may not realize that this game functions very differently from an shooter game. Accidental tks are going to happen a lot. That’s just how the game works. A mark of a good player here is someone who can keep they’re eye on the enemy and not hit allies. Situational awareness is extremely important to avoiding these issues.

It’s not going to make getting tk’ed any less irritating, but you shouldn’t take it so seriously.

As for intentional griefing, that’s another story. I haven’t seen any griefers since release, but I know they’re there. Just try to votekick them when you can.

• Well said, Blingda. This is also why I don’t care if friendly fire is on or off in shooters, but FF off in slashers is a total immersion and balance breaker.

• I’m not saying the accidental killing that happens. I’m talking about the guys that literally are only going after his team mates. Friendly slashes happen in this game, i have a problem with the guys that are out right killing ONLY their team mates.

• @skippermonkey:

I imagine part of the problem is that the weapons pass through bodies, and so follow-throughs can unintentionally hit teammates. (i know the DEVs decided on weapons passing through bodies for a reason). Not much you can really do about this problem other than give the wild swingers a wide berth?

Also, on more than one occasion i have found my intended target either moved suddenly or dead mid swing…. leaving a team-mates head unfortunately in the way of my blade :?

I’m sure most TK’s arent on purpose

Agree most are accident but I’ve ran into probably 6 guys so for that would sit in the team spawn and kill his own team mates or guys on the battlefield doing it on purpose. I have recorded video of it.

• I do agree that being able to damage your team mates is an immersion thing and I’m not saying remove it but there need to be some regulation on blatant team killing. I haven’t seen a server that has an admin yet atleast. I’ve damaged guys on accident but I’ve never blatantly just went after a team mate either that’s what this thread is really about. :D

• I should have named the Thread Blatant Team Killing Epidemic. I don’t think it needs removal just a way to better police it I guess.