Team Killing Epidemic

• We are looking at it, but just my two cents. Vast majority of the time, I am killed helping teammates fight another enemy. As an MMA, I sometimes deserve it, when I dodge into their swing. Most of the time, it is new players, not realizing you can redirect your swings, or hit q to cancel if a teammate is in the way. It is possible to get hit by the back swing of a spear/two hander, but that is just being aware of your surroundings.

I am not saying it is not an issue, just breaking down my experience with it. The more experienced players tend not to team kill, or it is minimal per round.

Thrust and overhead are the ideal attacks to use when fighting side by side with someone.

• Please don’t change how TK works. Otherwise we will get a spam happy team. We need consequences for swinging our swords around. Give the game some time. still so many new players. I don’t get too mad when I get TK’d, because I know I am bound to do it too. It’s part of the game, just learn how to minimize your risks from teammates.

• @Andrew:

We are looking at it, but just my two cents. Vast majority of the time, I am killed helping teammates fight another enemy. As an MMA, I sometimes deserve it, when I dodge into their swing. Most of the time, it is new players, not realizing you can redirect your swings, or hit q to cancel if a teammate is in the way. It is possible to get hit by the back swing of a spear/two hander, but that is just being aware of your surroundings.

I am not saying it is not an issue, just breaking down my experience with it. The more experienced players tend not to team kill, or it is minimal per round.

Thrust and overhead are the ideal attacks to use when fighting side by side with someone.

I agree i almost always use thrust or over head when near team mates. Thanks for the response by the way. I’m not looking for removal because that removes from the over all feel of the game. I know this game is supposed to have a realistic feel and no team damage would really take away from that. I’m merely talking about the guys that will blatantly kill you on purpose. It’s like guys don’t know the difference between blue and red lol. I have had games where I spawn in my spawn and instantly i’m fighting team mates to get out of my spawn. This was just my suggestion. This issue isn’t game breaking or anything as I can find another server although one guy followed me around somehow lol :x It’s just merely an annoyance. Great game BTW I’m really enjoying it. It’s difficult also which is nice.

• @Chuckdatass:

Please don’t change how TK works. Otherwise we will get a spam happy team. We need consequences for swinging our swords around. Give the game some time. still so many new players. I don’t get too mad when I get TK’d, because I know I am bound to do it too. It’s part of the game, just learn how to minimize your risks from teammates.

I never said to remove it. I was just making suggestions for the team killing that purposely done. I know accidents happen but ive had guys literally attack me that were A in my spawn when I spawned and B on the battlefield no where near enemies.

• I think what could help take this a long way are consequences for hurting teammates. Nothing is really stopping people from going slice crazy except the wrath of teammates after being TKed. It might help if the kick function wasn’t so hidden. I STILL don’t even know how to initiate it. But even if people didn’t try kicking teammates for a single accidental TK (because it happens) it would certainly act as a deterrent from just spamming M1. It might also help to make spamming M1, in general, less effective. I see a lot of people just spamming it because it is a very effective technique against newer players and requires little time and effort.

Other TK consequence ideas:
    1. TK 3 times, get kicked automatically (or something)
    2. Longer spawn times? (hard to judge if that is hurting the team or frustrating the TKer more)
    3. Count as a negative kill towards your score and your weapon unlocks
    4. Maybe it could effect some kind of honor system? But only if you get some on average… nothing too drastic.

Edit: I also heavily think that each match a giant message should pop up that reads “DON’T JUMP INTO A FIGHT LIKE AN IDIOT!” I just feel that a lot of players are just out there for the kills and not for the objective. Even in kill based games you can’t just jump in front of your teammates so that you can get the kill. You are not only probably going to get stabbed by your teammate but you are also throwing off the entire rhythm which is almost always followed by you dying and then your teammate dying. In fact, there have been a few times that I have been TKed by some dude jumping in as a vanguard and stabbing me by accident.

AAAAAAAAaaaaaannnnddddd funny story:
    It was me against 3 enemies. I’m blocking and parrying all of their attacks but I’m up against a wall and they are about to cut me to pieces. But then, all of the sudden, a fourth enemy jumps into the fray and cuts his entire enemy team down. I proceed to stab him and walk away happy. It was certainly an accident but it was definitely hilarious none the less.

• For example when I was in my spawn and guy was Team Killing me. He gained kills and I gained deaths as I stopped to register on the site while he sat there and killed me over and over. I don’t think stats/xp should accumulate for Team kills.

• Enabling a global team kill penalty is stupid as part of the combat is being aware of friendlies and not killing them.

There needs to be harsh penalties for team killing team mates inside the spawn area and the ability to kick obvious trolls.

Maybe instead of auto kicking X amount of friendly fire kills auto kick people with X amount of friendly kills within a certain time limit.

It will happen even to the best of players….just make it so it cant be abused. But don’t cut core game play because of it.

• @clubbydubby:

For example when I was in my spawn and guy was Team Killing me. He gained kills and I gained deaths as I stopped to register on the site while he sat there and killed me over and over. I don’t think stats/xp should accumulate for Team kills.

I agree being deducted a kill is a great option IMO. Every game that team kills happen you get negative points. I can’t say I would like longer than already longer spawn times. Those were great suggestions. Totally forgot about the negative kill aspect

• My 2 cents…

Kills should be replaced by Score Points as main ranking in game.

1. Head off = 20p
    2. Body part off /headshot (because headshot from close range is pretty damn easy with arrows) = 15p
    3. Normall kill = 10p
    4. Teamkill = -15p

Do the math. More teamkills = lower rank.

For me 5 kills in a row could mean reset weapon unlocks :)

• As a server operator, the best idea I had is reflect team damage.

The only problem with this is that people can run into your attacks, thus punishing you for their mistake.

• @meze:

As a server operator, the best idea I had is reflect team damage.

The only problem with this is that people can run into your attacks, thus punishing you for their mistake.

Yeah i’ve hit people on accident and ran into peoples swings on accident also. I think best option is negative kills/points per Team Kill . If servers are moderated people should be able to just vote kick trolls.

• Same thing tonight in a game right now where I spawn and guys are fighting me in my spawn on my same team. I really hope this is fixed.

• Also hard to vote kick if the chat isn’t working at the moment