MAA: Dodge-Button is bugged so i have to use Double-Tap

• hi

i would like to know if the majority of you are using the dodge-button or if you use doubletap.

i would prefer to use the dodge-button, but either its bugged or it is like this on purpose:

1.) if you dodge (lets say forward) via the button in rapid succession (as fast as you can mash the buttons) the first dodge will work, but on the second one you are only moved SLIGHTLY forwards, but you loose the same amount if stamina. feels really bugged.

2.) if you dodge forward and RIGHT AFTER to one side, the second dodge will take you forward aswell instead of to the left or to the right.

3.) if you move forward and then dodge to lets say the left, you will dodge forward if you do it very fast, because you were in the forward-motion as you pressed a + v.

this 3 aspects made me often dodge in the wrong direction and often leads to my very embarassing death ^^

so it seems double-tap is the only viable thing to use atm, what are your thoughts on this?

PS.: i hope you understand what i mean because my english isnt that great because i am from germany, so apologies if it is a bit hard to understand.

• I use one button dodge. I’ve gotten used to the strange quirks of it - you can avoid them by just not spamming.

• how does one button dodge work?

I checked it and could not figure out how to dodge… is it double tapping the directional keys?

• @Smithy021:

how does one button dodge work?

I checked it and could not figure out how to dodge… is it double tapping the directional keys?

Press V to dodge in the direction you’re currently moving. The default dodge mechanic is a double tap. Only the Man-at-Arms can dodge.

• but sometimes you WANT to spam or to dodge left while you are moving right, not?