It's not easy being a high level.

• Greetings to all, b00ger Knight here.

Got a question for all you high level players (or skilled as this also applies to you) out there and no, I’m not calling you out;).

So basically, I prefer to join other people’s games be that a ffa, tdm or to, simply because I feel like smashing randoms on my own host all day is sad and worthy of hate.

But whenever I join a game now it seems that the sweaty host cant deal with a player being better than him on his own connection and I’m practically vote kicked from 9 out of 10 games I play now xD.

This is normally after I’ve achieved about 30 kills+ but still it’s pathetic and yet also funny as it’s clear no one can kill you so they just want you out. (it’s even better when you join the same game ten minutes later and you’re vote kicked straight away)

I’m only rank 42 (nearly 43) and I can’t imagine what it’s like for people higher up the leaderboards than me. So I ask you fellow knights, Tell me if I’m the only one experiencing this.

Then again, going through a ffa with no bars (so in a USA server) and running round with a pole hammer stealing everyone’s kills (and I mean everyone’s) is probably something you’d hate. But hey, it’s what I do when I have terrible connection in a game. My ‘one shot’ game is too stronk.

• Happens all the time. Even worse on pc, where noobs will hijack servers and try to kick anyone who joins, even the owner and admins.

• I hate that too B00ger Knight. People who vote kick spam for S’s and G’s are the worst out of the bunch though. I think that people are weary of high levels on this game. From my experience they can either be the coolest people ever or the biggest jerks on the game. As a level 47 I try to be cool with everyone.

• One shot Legion :)

• I also prefer to join others game…and my favorite battles are the ones with higher level players than myself. Would rather get ONE kill against the varsity team then ten against scrubs. For the record- I have NEVER voted against anyone for being better than I… see you in Battle!

• Well if you have over a 25 kill lead / ratio something is not right imo. Often I find the so called top 1 to 3 often are
    just toon players using every gliche trick in the book. The trick is not to play like a waltdisney movie tbh and you
    wont’ get kicked. Even a server full of seasoned rankers eventually after 2 or 3 maps do kick them off.
    I’ve never seen anybody vote kicked even in ffa simply because they are leading the scores playing fairly.

• Booger I would have to completely agree with you. It’s sorta like a love hate relationship now and then. To me being a high ranking player means that we have a higher since of awareness in the game. Basically I consider us as managers and for the new people joining in are the employees. If you walk into your shop and just start firing people left and right like a boss. . Well then there are gonna be some backlashes. If I join into a low level server and it’s filled with low levels say in a FFA game type, I’ll make up my own rules and improvise. Instead of going in and slaying every character that gets into swinging distance and chopping heads off left and right because it feels so damn good to do so. Instead I will watch how other participate in their fights. Like watching two players go head to head until their is a victor. Then well that player had to fight me now, cause he’s alone and by himself and also finished his fight. I’ll try and not go super saiyan on the dude but I’ll take it slow with the noobs. I try not to be that guy that is a host killer or constantly chops up two people in a duel with one another. But then again it’s FFA. Anything goes really, so ill just sit back and try to be the equalizer I guess you could say.
    The vote kicks are totally getting out of line as well. Yeah the game gets a bit laggy at times due to a certain player that joined or from a host who should not be hosting at all. Idk if you guys know the guy named Joseph he has like 4 numbers after his name but whatever.
    idk what this dudes problem is but I joined FFA game and spawned in with 3 people fighting each other and it looked pretty epic. So me being me I sat back and watched about 2-1/2 swinging distances away and saw Joseph in the fleur. We made eye contact with one another and this selfish asshole dropped everything he was doing, completely negates the fact he is in the middle of two vanguards swinging their bastardly sword at the attempt to take his life from him just so he could pop open that scoreboard menu and vote kick me out of not even being in the game for 30 seconds just before he dies. So at this point I’m just in character looking around like what the fuck just happened. I kept my dignity and got booted out without going all agro on the rest of the players.
    its a tough life as a high rank but we are also role models for the lower ranks who don’t know the invisible unwritten rules to chivalry.
    just gotta keep on keepin on.

• This sounds rediculous. This surely isnt the first complaint I’ve read about people being kicked for being good. It smells suspiciously of votekick abuse.

That being said however, I have never consciously observed this myself.

• @SgtHannes:

This sounds rediculous. This surely isnt the first complaint I’ve read about people being kicked for being good. It smells suspiciously of votekick abuse.

That being said however, I have never consciously observed this myself.

You’ve never joined a game and been votekicked within 10 seconds before? I’d count the number of times it’s happened to me on my fingers but I need more hands.

• @Oy:

You’ve never joined a game and been votekicked within 10 seconds before? I’d count the number of times it’s happened to me on my fingers but I need more hands.

I used to keep count but then it got so high I started being sad.

• Banned

Ahh yes… This is the reason I have to play in my own lobby or with atleast 3 or 4 friends to help even-out the vote “yes” percentage. Any of you guys have the issues of the host closing the lobby after you join? This happens to me even more than the vote kicking.

• @I:

Ahh yes… This is the reason I have to play in my own lobby or with atleast 3 or 4 friends to help even-out the vote “yes” percentage. Any of you guys have the issues of the host closing the lobby after you join? This happens to me even more than the vote kicking.

50% of the games I join never finish because the host leaves.
    That’s even worse than the vote kicks people spam in FFA matches.

• @King:

One shot Legion :)

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

• The worst feeling is when it’s not low levels either, it’s one particular person crushing slightly lower levels in a game and they don’t want any competition. I’m completely fine with being on a laggy server as I’m so used to it now I play okayish and even time my blocks well too.

But when you literally join a game it’s like you instantly gain hate. I get kicked from at least 10 games a day now and it sucks ass. I don’t employ cheap tactics to win and I play the game the way it was meant to be played.

Either I join a game and whirlwind my way through an entire lobby of players new and old. Or I host a game, get hatemail because of lag, people leave because they can’t kill me and I feel pooped on because all I did was play the game and not like teabag or spam laugh as they fell to the ground with a head explosion. I would host my games more but it makes me feel like a scumbag.

Being a host gives you such a massive advantage when it comes to parries sometimes. And then there’s that lovely moment when the host is the only one with bars and swinging a zwei across ‘Dining Room’ like a pro.

• you are probably getting kicked because you lag. no one wants to play with a lagger.

ruins the game for everyone, especially if they are good at exploiting their lag.

• @Oy:

Ive joined about 20 billion games where Ive been votekicked “within 10 seconds”. Unfortunately thats not what he was talking about. He was talking about being votekicked for being good, not about being votekicked from a 3v3 LTS where a couple of friends decide to votekick anyone who joins because that would make the teams “unbalanced”.

The latter is votekick abuse non the less.

• I have gotten kicked out for being better than everyone else but that barely happens to me because I am more or less a player of somewhat better than average skill

• @Firecracker999:

50% of the games I join never finish because the host leaves.
    That’s even worse than the vote kicks people spam in FFA matches.

I hate craptastic host ragequits too. So annoying. More annoying than my oil pot spamming in FFA matches. XD

• @SOF:

I have gotten kicked out for being better than everyone else but that barely happens to me because I am more or less a player of somewhat better than average skill

I would love to duel you after that claim. XBox360 or PS3?

• @SgtHannes:

Ive joined about 20 billion games where Ive been votekicked “within 10 seconds”. Unfortunately thats not what he was talking about. He was talking about being votekicked for being good, not about being votekicked from a 3v3 LTS where a couple of friends decide to votekick anyone who joins because that would make the teams “unbalanced”.

The latter is votekick abuse non the less.

That is when I like to play nice oftentimes and spectate until another person joins in to fill the other slot.