Is this a bug or a feature?

• Mod

I’ve seen it happen countless times. I think it’s just lag and not too common.

• All I see is Two noobies trying to us bs in combat. Whats all the sky looking rubbish even at your fov.
    I won’t leave a thumbs down on your utube nonsense video tbh. As for that rubbish about Sophax or
    crushed being good is that some kind of humour? I can remember being stalked by some troll maul
    knight long ago on a server After killing him numerous times I actually told a team mate off by saying
    do you mind I was toying with this troll maul knight quite ok thank you thus go away.

I actually did a steam check of this persons profile to find out it was infact sophax stalking me
    undercover on a server but getting more then he bargained for hehe. I am the not only the best
    but strongest knight of fov 90 in this game with no combat tricks needed at all to disect these plebs
    when ever I chose to do so esp if in the mood to kill a few trolls exploiting knights on a server.
    I don’t even see what your stupid video is about but toon rubish in combat by squids of no talent.

• Don’t mess with the Loin.

• Strange how Loin doesn’t immediately invite Merlin into the Loin fanclub for using that FOV.

• @Rickvs:

Strange how Loin doesn’t immediately invite Merlin into the Loin fanclub for using that FOV.

He kicked me from that for some odd reason. I think that he saw me play in 3rd in a screenshot and immediately kicked me out, blocked me and called the police.

• hehe your quite right mr R I was in my jack bauer mood been on a marathon of 24. You can rejoin sgh Hannes tbh, I think
    you name was mixed up with another. That logan is the bad ass of all presidents tbh the best villian in 24 imo. Most days
    confesses to not even remember what I posted or were. Let alone finding my box of teabags in the fridge today

• Your client is saying you hit your opponent during windup, but due to lag the opponent’s client already reached release, and sent a message saying it hit you.

Server sends damage received messages to both of you along with a flinch message to the opponent.

Wouldn’t have happened with serversided hit detection.

• @MrGrumps:

Your client is saying you hit your opponent during windup, but due to lag the opponent’s client already reached release, and sent a message saying it hit you.

Server sends damage received messages to both of you along with a flinch message to the opponent.

Wouldn’t have happened with serversided hit detection.

Thank you for the reply.

Interesting, if lag correction system is causing this behavior then that suggests that it is in fact breaking the rules of the attack system. Performing a flinch and dealing damage at the same time.

So if it is lag correction, animation glitch, overlapping windup and release or something else. It seems to cause a crack in the foundation of the attack system rules. Hopefully that warrants a closer look by torn banner. After all the attack system is kinda the driving force behind chivalry. Hopefully this brings some attention to it.

Even tho it is not hugely important, unless it’s an overlap that would make it a bigger deal, it is still nice to be as close to a stable foundation as possible.

• Wow loin, I don’t know what I did to you in the past but whatever it was I am sorry. You are right in any case, I have no idea what I am doing in this game. I just play casually for fun and sometimes have some good luck on my side. I don’t claim to be the best or anywhere close it. If anyone has trouble facing me then obviously they need to examine their own fighting style.

You generally pick on those that are weaker then you? I suppose that’s the safe thing to do. Still doesn’t seem right. In any case I am glad to hear that someone else uses fov 90.

Thank you for your reply m8, even tho it’s a bit off topic… lol

• @ExceededMerlin:

Thank you for the reply.

Interesting, if lag correction system is causing this behavior then that suggests that it is in fact breaking the rules of the attack system. Performing a flinch and dealing damage at the same time.

So if it is lag correction, animation glitch, overlapping windup and release or something else. It seems to cause a crack in the foundation of the attack system rules. Hopefully that warrants a closer look by torn banner. After all the attack system is kinda the driving force behind chivalry. Hopefully this brings some attention to it.

Even tho it is not hugely important, unless it’s an overlap that would make it a bigger deal, it is still nice to be as close to a stable foundation as possible.

As much as we’d love Torn Banner to actually fix the game, it can’t and won’t happen.
    Map fixes? Sure.
    Hats? Yep.
    Balance and Mechanic changes? Might get a tweak to some obscure bit of code maybe once every 4 months, but that’s about it. Best you can hope for is improvement in future titles.