Why?

• Hello everybody, allow me to introduce myself. I am Rhyme, a noob that purchased Chivalry on the Xbox as soon as I saw it was on sale, and y’know I’ve heard many good things about this game and wanted to get it and boy when I saw it for a little bit over 7 dollars I was stoked. However, as I played and played match after match I couldn’t battle the overwhelming feeling that I had been duped, I had been lied to.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I absolutely fell in love with Chivalry after playing the training and finishing a few single player matches. I was excited to get online. Then I noticed something, something frustrating, something that made me feel like ripping my hair, something that even made me question purchasing the game.

Do you know what it was? Unfortunately this game seems to be suffering from a bad case of ridiculous lag. Lag so ridiculous that I may strike you first on my screen and FREAKING witness you strike after I did and nothing happens. It is tanked and I get killed. This game is effectively broken. I don’t know how the good players ended up getting used to this nonsense. And no, I’m not bad. I’m new but I’m very formidable, the reason I know it’s lag is because some games I do well and everything seems to be on my side and in other games I get demolished.

Has this game ALWAYS been like this on the Xbox? Someone has to do something about this, it’s stupid. Chivalry is a masterpiece of a game and the lag just RUINS IT. IT RUINS THE EXPERIENCE, and I KNOW that many of the people that bought this game today are going through the same dilemma. Fix this, IT’S NONSENSE! How can a developer succeed and fail so much at the same time? If there’s a reason for this then fine, but I and many others are just going to give up, cheated out of our money because we won’t touch the game as long as it’s like this. THIS IS GAMEBREAKING.

I ended up so enthralled by this game that I sat there through all the bullshit deaths time and time again in the hopes that maybe, just maybe it was going to end soon. I have lost faith needless to say. What a shame, such a good game destroyed because of a crappy peer to host system. Is it really that hard to fix this?

• Chivalry is laggy due to the lack of dedicated servers. You are probably joining someone with a crappy host connection or you are joining a game of a host from the other side of the world lol. It is a notorious issue with the game on xbox 360.

You are better off just trying to join a game with people who live close (same country for example) or host games and let everyone else suffer. Torn Banner isn’t going to fix it because Activision is in charge of the console port (correct me if I’m wrong on that) and Xbox 360 is a dead console. I believe that they are “milking the cow” TBH. Supposedly there are problems on PC like this that haven’t been fixed either.

Sorry to inform you but things aren’t looking so bright for Xbox edition…

• @Rhyme:

Hello everybody, allow me to introduce myself. I am Rhyme, a noob that purchased Chivalry on the Xbox as soon as I saw it was on sale, and y’know I’ve heard many good things about this game and wanted to get it and boy when I saw it for a little bit over 7 dollars I was stoked. However, as I played and played match after match I couldn’t battle the overwhelming feeling that I had been duped, I had been lied to.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I absolutely fell in love with Chivalry after playing the training and finishing a few single player matches. I was excited to get online. Then I noticed something, something frustrating, something that made me feel like ripping my hair, something that even made me question purchasing the game.

Do you know what it was? Unfortunately this game seems to be suffering from a bad case of ridiculous lag. Lag so ridiculous that I may strike you first on my screen and FREAKING witness you strike after I did and nothing happens. It is tanked and I get killed. This game is effectively broken. I don’t know how the good players ended up getting used to this nonsense. And no, I’m not bad. I’m new but I’m very formidable, the reason I know it’s lag is because some games I do well and everything seems to be on my side and in other games I get demolished.

Has this game ALWAYS been like this on the Xbox? Someone has to do something about this, it’s stupid. Chivalry is a masterpiece of a game and the lag just RUINS IT. IT RUINS THE EXPERIENCE, and I KNOW that many of the people that bought this game today are going through the same dilemma. Fix this, IT’S NONSENSE! How can a developer succeed and fail so much at the same time? If there’s a reason for this then fine, but I and many others are just going to give up, cheated out of our money because we won’t touch the game as long as it’s like this. THIS IS GAMEBREAKING.

I ended up so enthralled by this game that I sat there through all the bullshit deaths time and time again in the hopes that maybe, just maybe it was going to end soon. I have lost faith needless to say. What a shame, such a good game destroyed because of a crappy peer to host system. Is it really that hard to fix this?

The most you can do is hope for an update. Just for tip, try and go into games where the host is from your continent or you can host.

• @VizualDeciple:

Chivalry is laggy due to the lack of dedicated servers. You are probably joining someone with a crappy host connection or you are joining a game of a host from the other side of the world lol. It is a notorious issue with the game on xbox 360.

You are better off just trying to join a game with people who live close (same country for example) or host games and let everyone else suffer. Torn Banner isn’t going to fix it because Activision is in charge of the console port (correct me if I’m wrong on that) and Xbox 360 is a dead console. I believe that they are “milking the cow” TBH. Supposedly there are problems on PC like this that haven’t been fixed either.

Sorry to inform you but things aren’t looking so bright for Xbox edition…

PC has its issues but is very playable. XBOX 360 and its match making was terrible when the console was still in its prime, and its very dated now. PC has and always will be the best platform for gaming. Unfortunatly IMO if you want to feel the proper chiv experience play on PC when there is a sale and you wont be dissapointed.

• Lag can be controlled if everyone is from the same country you can usually do a 4vs4 without any noticeable lag. For me the lag isn’t the major problem is the horrible player base. No body is willing to learn and if anybody is better than said person they will send hate mail. Believe me, i have tons.