Love the steam free weekend

• Exelent get some fresh trolls in! Get constantly team killed, was always going to happen but ok accept it and laugh at how fucking dumb people are.

Then deliberately team killed by a few try to kick them with 70% team damage, they dont get kicked obviously a band of friends and a pool of no voting noobs. Then get kicked yourself with 4% team damage and being the top player great. GG.

What else was there oh yeah ragekicked……great.

Time to join the troll club, balista, catapult and fire pot own team? Sounds like fun to me.

• I joined a server A and got hit from the back so much I changed to server B. It was even worse there and I had to quit. Really wanted to play a little, but it was 100% unplayable.

Guess I’ll come back to the game in a week or so. Don’t know why though, I probably have Stockholm syndrome.

• Just take a week of Two off tbh. I am on a jack B 24 marathon atm, these new players are good for the game you know.
    the very idea you can claim the game is unplayable due to a few new players hitting you is laughable , considering the
    toony exploiting glichy players on crutches that infest this game unchallenged at all even after demo’s and screenies
    are provided in the euro scene. I’d rather see a server full of new fresh players if even clumsy at first but playing
    normally tbh.

• Just be sure to educate the noobs that drags, dancing, ROHs and feints are intended and easily countered and punished as you get good and this game takes hundreds of hours before you stop sucking and that the noob servers are a total joke.

• Since brazilian server has autokick for TK, the noobs tend to listen when you tell them to use scroll wheel to attack instead of LMB, they even thank you for the tip.

I think that autokick for TK is a glorious idea tbh. It works like this: if you reach 300 TK points you are fucked. Every teammate you kill increases almost 90 points, and you lose points as you kill enemies. It doesn’t reset when the map changes as well, wanna lose TK points? Start killing opponents and be more careful.

• @Vanguard:

Since brazilian server has autokick for TK, the noobs tend to listen when you tell them to use scroll wheel to attack instead of LMB, they even thank you for the tip.

I think that autokick for TK is a glorious idea tbh. It works like this: if you reach 300 TK points you are fucked. Every teammate you kill increases almost 90 points, and you lose points as you kill enemies. It doesn’t reset when the map changes as well, wanna lose TK points? Start killing opponents and be more careful.

Never seen a server like this, now you can’t seem to kick trolls even if their team damage percentage is rediculously high. You also have to wait about 10 mins before re-voting so trolls get away with a lot.If you try to kill them defending yourself you get kicked or the other noobs turn it into a free for all like what happened to me.

• Oh look great come back on a few hours later kicked in 2 mins into the game. WHY THE FUCK DON’T THESE NOOBS JOIN 0-15 SERVER THERE IS ENOUGH OF THEM!

Also why is this abuse on official servers allowed to continue? This isn’t the first time it also won’t be the last!

• @Vanguard:

Since brazilian server has autokick for TK, the noobs tend to listen when you tell them to use scroll wheel to attack instead of LMB, they even thank you for the tip.

I LOVE this idea! Finally gives some solid incentive to not hit teammates. Why doesn’t Torn Banner implement this? Wait, I just answered my own question: because they are Torn Banner Studios, and either are too incompetent or don’t give a shit about the state of their flagship game.

I played a couple games yesterday, was getting hit in the back constantly by teammate going berserk with the LMB, shit was frustrating beyond belief.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the fact that these free weekends bring in new players, it keeps the game going. But maybe implementing a proper anti-teamkilling system, like the one mentioned above, and fixing the game’s obvious bugs would help retain more players? As it is, 95% of the new players this weekend will see the game as a buggy mess and stop playing. Which, to be fair, it kind of is.

• I swear some of these guy need an intelligence test before playing lol.

• @Wrath:

I swear some of these guy need an intelligence test before playing lol.

I hear you brutha. The devs need an intelligence test too, before they make another game, given the state of this one.

• Can’t say it often enough, low ranks should not be allowed to play vanguard.

But far worse than teamkillers is the balance. 80% of the newbies tend to play on the agathian side only. Either be part of that and get slaughtered or rush through a boring match without any challenge.

Just a few hours ago the so-called auto balance put me into the totally overpowered mason team, leaving the agathians absolutely defenseless. I’ve been missing a rank-based auto balance for years. Every trainee could do the code for that.

• what? steam free weekend? what is this you speak of I’m curious I play xbox edition.

NEVERMIND

• While my clan sees issues with the freekends - normally players rolling new accounts, then using crap like cheat engine without risking their main accounts. Although these still provide a good avenue for potential legitimate players to try out the game and then hopefully buy it.

That being said where the alt-trolls/hackers cause enough disruption, as a last resort, we’d put a plan in place to set minimum rank to 20 on the SM servers during free weekends. It’s harsh on the new guys, but at the end of the day our priority is provide a good environment for our members, regular players & everyone else.

• Mod

I just treat it like a game, and don’t get so upset. If the team killing is 100% intentional, message the admins in the admin group chat on steam and they’ll join and sort it out. You’re versing players who are mainly all new to the game on free weekends, do you really need the extra health anyway?

• Hey Tyoson, what you say I never heard of, I am rank 39, also have this game since 12 october 2012. But what do you mean with “message the admins in the adin group chat on steam” How do I know who are the admins of the server?

• @Demonspree:

Hey Tyoson, what you say I never heard of, I am rank 39, also have this game since 12 october 2012. But what do you mean with “message the admins in the adin group chat on steam” How do I know who are the admins of the server?

This is how you know.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivserveradmin

Join that group chat and get live admin support.

• @Demonspree:

Hey Tyoson, what you say I never heard of, I am rank 39, also have this game since 12 october 2012. But what do you mean with “message the admins in the adin group chat on steam” How do I know who are the admins of the server?

As Lemon said, but read this for more general info; How to Contact Official Server Admins

• @quackquackquack:

I hear you brutha. The devs need an intelligence test too, before they make another game, given the state of this one.

Says a guy playing a game developed by devs who ‘need an intelligence test’.