TBS. The Bugs Stay

• I’m pretty fed up with the state of this game. I keep noticing new bugs, and the old bugs never ever ever get fixed, no matter how obvious or game-breaking they are. For your convenience, I have compiled a list. Feel free to add your own, I’m sure that I’ve missed some.

I’m posting this here in the general forums in the hope that someone even vaguely connected with Torn Banner will read it and pass the message along, as no one seems to read the bug report forums ever.

-Poor server stability. Servers will sometimes freeze randomly, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for longer. About 1/2 the time this happens, the server will either crash outright or dump 3/4 of the players back to lobby. Happens to me about once a day.

-Weapon attacks/blocks sometimes stop working, I.E. you click and nothing happens. This forces the player to get killed/ suicide in order to be able to attack/ block again.

-Green friend “diamond” sometimes gets stuck on a fixed point on your screen, no matter where you’re looking. Very distracting, you have to rejoin the server to fix it. Happens a lot on Drunken bazaar.

-Green friend “Diamonds” sometimes don’t appear at all.

-Ballistas sometimes break and point in zany weird directions, happens on Citadel and Coldfront.

-Players sometimes turn into horrible twitching monstrosities when killed by a ballista. Very immersion-breaking

-The bug that resets players to rank 5 is back

-Duel stats STILL don’t work

-Sometimes the chat command will stop working, have to join another server/ wait for a new game to type anything.

-On the last stage of Shore, the defend/attack icon only follows the flag carrier the 1st time he gets the flag. After that, the shield icon hovers over some random player who isn’t carrying the flag.

-When the attackers succeed in burning the tents on Stage 1 of Outpost, the message reads: Objetive FAILED! Burn the tents. Surely this one is easy as hell to fix?

-Weapon blocking sounds don’t play sometimes

-Can’t sprint as archer with your bow out sometimes, have to switch weapons to be able to sprint. Not major, but enough to get you killed.

-Sometimes players go FLYING when hit with a bow/ melee weapon. I kinda like this one though.

One more thing: FIREPOTTING TEAMMATES SHOULD COUNT TOWARD TEAM DAMAGE!!!

• You call that a list? (I only included the really annoying ones here)

-desyncs
    -random attacks without pressing anything
    -randomly no response to pressed buttons
    -720 degree insta spins are still a thing
    -citadel still crashes on 2nd objective
    -glitchy death camera
    -bugged ballistae
    -bugged catapults
    -inconsistent kick
    -flails
    -ass parries
    -wrong falling screams
    -wrong ffa/duel voices
    -randomly chat closing every time you press space
    -sometimes friend icons stuck in the middle of the screen
    -sometimes friend icons don’t appear at all
    -inconsistent charge
    -charge flinches always, no matter what state the victim is in
    -extra long flinch time when getting flinched while holding up a javelin
    -getting stuck in people’s bubbles
    -getting stuck in the map
    -throwables randomly vanishing out of your inventory
    -other classes pick up projectiles they don’t even use
    -when repicking a team before spawning you end up in the wrong team
    -bucklers and heater shields feel like they have tower shield size against projectiles
    -bucklers and heater shields feel like they have half barely any size against melee weapons
    -corpses turn into horrible twitching monstrosities when killed by a ballista
    -corpses’ eyes, mouths and hands glitch out pretty often are stretched far away from the actual body
    -sometimes archers are unable to run, switching weps fixes the prob
    -sometimes your char bugs out so you’re unable to do anything
    -Duel stats
    -weapon blocking sounds don’t play sometimes
    -sometimes your projectiles is not thrown/shot towards your crosshair but instead in a far higher angle
    -rare bug where damage is not applied (f.e. hit an maa 5 times with LS, still not dead)
    -weird multiple attack animation, where your opponent immediately starts a release animation after you parried him
    -projectiles vanish after you die
    -projectiles knocking off the helmet but not counting as a hit

to be continued…

Also, bad balancing.

This game would easily be the game of the decade without all of this. It’s a shame.

Chivalry: Inconsistency Video 1 (ram & alt attack bugs are fixed now tho, last guy was prob hacking)
    Chivalry: Inconsistency Video 2 (ram & alt attack bugs are fixed now tho)
    Parry Fail Compilation
    top kick
    Chivalry: I dare you to parry
    consistencyiseverything
    fastest zweihander in the west
    Inconsistencies in Chivalry
    gr8 bardiche tracers

• Beautiful list, lets not even start talking about vanilla balance lmao.

• Nice list, Nerevar. And yes, everything on that list/ in those videos happens waaay too frequently. This game plays like an early beta.

Strange since a year ago it was much more stable/bug-free/consistent. Chivalry didn’t really need fixing then, aside from some balance issues. Now after numerous patches which have made the game worse in every way (aside from new content), Torn Banner refuses to fix anything, or even acknowledge that anything needs fixing.

• “-projectiles knocking off the helmet but not counting as a hit”

Isn’t this by design?

• @dudeface:

“-projectiles knocking off the helmet but not counting as a hit”

Isn’t this by design?

If that were the case then people would be applying handicaps to themselves by choosing no helmet at all in Customisation.

• This picture sums up Chivalry pretty well.

• Just put a plaster on it tbh. Its just a small wound, in view of those horrid bat looking masks now nobody cares at all esp Tb

• @Rickvs:

If that were the case then people would be applying handicaps to themselves by choosing no helmet at all in Customisation.

It’s not a handicap. If the arrow hits your fat helmet, but not your head, it knocks the helmet off. If you didn’t have a helmet it would have simply missed. The arrow checks your head’s hitbox regardless of whether or not you have a helmet on.

• @Rickvs:

On people without a helmet, it hits their head, they scream ‘aouch’ and don’t take damage. That is if you hit the same spot as for the helmets to fly off, aka the head, if you hit the neck then they die/take damage, same as helmet users.

• I dunno about you but most of my headshots count as headshots.

• I keep having arrows sticking out of MAAs/vanguards heads with them still being alive, which is rather frustrating, but at the same time I deserve it for playing scrub archer.

• @INerevar:

This game would easily be the game of the decade without all of this. It’s a shame.

Not really, while I have experienced many of those bugs, its not enough to change the game radically - which is fun regardless.

• @dudeface:

I dunno about you but most of my headshots count as headshots.

this problem definitely exits. i can see the helmet flying off and the arrow is sticking out of the head, but no damage done. the same thing applies to throwing axes and javelins.

• Oh, right. But sticky projectiles are pretty odd. I’m saying where I actually hit seems to have the intended effect. Where the arrow/bolt/knife decides to actually stick out of… unpredictable.

• My impression: sometimes your client thinks ‘headshot’ but the server doesn’t. So you see the helmet flying off and maybe a projectile sticking out of your target’s head but actually you just hit the chest or nothing at all. The helmet itself is a skeletal mesh and does not have a collision shape.

• @a:

My impression: sometimes your client thinks ‘headshot’ but the server doesn’t. So you see the helmet flying off and maybe a projectile sticking out of your target’s head but actually you just hit the chest or nothing at all. The helmet itself is a skeletal mesh and does not have a collision shape.

Hit detection is client-sided.

• its not only headshots also bodyshots that should have killed an archer or maa with the heavy crossbow

• Pebbles and lead balls bounce off of people without dealing damage as well, which is rather hillarious.