Chivalry vs. PAYDAY2: crossover content coming soon!

• Developer

ATTENTION: Data breach at Torn Banner Studios. Overkill Software have cracked open our encrypted files and stolen precious medieval data!

As a result, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and PAYDAY 2 have teamed up to form one truly dastardly gang.

Coming September 10:

In Chivalry, owners of PAYDAY2 will gain access to the following new items

• Four new helms: “Begins” version of Dallas, Chains, Hoxton and Wolf masks
    • More exclusive free content, to be revealed tomorrow!

Plus, new Chivalry-inspired medieval content will appear in PAYDAY 2 in the form of a special DLC pack.

Watch Overkill’s full trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqaOPB4_Qgw

Stay tuned to the Chivalry Steam Community and PAYDAY2’s website for the next two days to catch all of the new crossover content, coming Thursday!

In the meantime you can grab Chivalry on sale at 80% off until September 14.

• R.I.P. Chivalry

• How about you just stop with this crossover crap?

• Why is a DLC for payday owners?? lol

• lol

I don’t even

• Hmm. When will the Warframe crossover be coming?

• Better yet… Could we have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover next?

We could don the legendary Blue, Red, Orange, and Purple masks, wear shells on our backs… If that is too farfetched then maybe perhaps the shields could be skinned to look like TMNT shells so when worn on the back they look like shells. Have nun chuck skin for the flail, Sai skin for thrusting dagger, Donatello’s staff for the quarterstaff staff obviously and Leonardo sword skins for whatever…

• Lord Malric, I would love to talk to you about the STEAM initiative…

• All these new non medieval fantasy hats and weapons makes me feel like they’re preparing us for some kind of tf2 style shooter set in a fantasy medieval world.

• I don’t mind them collaborating with other studios and getting new skins into the game.

But seriously, we need that “no customization” button that changes everyone’s skins to default/original.

• @Vesanus:

I don’t mind them collaborating with other studios and getting new skins into the game.

But seriously, we need that “no customization” button that changes everyone’s skins to default/original.

I want this.
    It would also improve game performance since less models are loaded.

• @Vesanus:

I don’t mind them collaborating with other studios and getting new skins into the game.

I’m very torn on this topic since as player I welcome this idea, but as a content creator I don’t.

As good as this sounds, it would completely devalue all paid customization. Why bother buying skins if anyone can just choose to turn them off? That’s probably the main reason why Torn Banner hasn’t enabled an option for us to toggle the skins.

• TBS could aswell shut down this forum since they’re not communicating with us anyway.

@elwebbaro:

I’m very torn on this topic since as player I welcome this idea, but as a content creator I don’t.

As good as this sounds, it would completely devalue all paid customization. Why bother buying skins if anyone can just choose to turn them off? That’s probably the main reason why Torn Banner hasn’t enabled an option for us to toggle the skins.

Because you can still wear a shiny armor and look at yourself? Your reason is nonsense.

• At the very least maybe they could allow servers to disable skins like in source games (sv_pure) I don’t know if it’s possible but I think it’d be a nice option.

• Does it have to be an all or none option? I think a fair approach would be to allow you to click and set the visibility of armor on an individual basis. Like that if you do not care for a particular skin you , can hide it , so the visuals experience a player wants to have is based their preference. I imagine most players who are ok with most of the skins don’t have to do much ,while those who dislike certain skins would happily take the time to click and hide any skin they do t want to see. Then TBS can keep adding all the skins they like,because the players who love them will have more to pick from ,while the players who hate them could play the game, with only the original skins if they were so inclined.

• I agree with Elwebbaro on this.

If TB went with “no customization” option then I think, it should have some downsides - Like not letting you use any customization (emblem, colors, etc). Just pure default skin for you and any other player.

I still think most players would leave it at “enabled”, since a lot of players just simply don’t care or like the skins.

Hard topic, I guess.

• God dammit torn banner stahp.

This’ll be next. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340057014

• @elwebbaro:

I don’t see a reason to buy skins so others can see them, only for own personal use. I also don’t see a reason why I should have to watch all the crap that others have bought.

• As someone who owns both I enjoy crossovers. I already owned payday 2 but the chivalry crossover gave me more reasons to get depth and killing floor 2 on sale.

• wtf is this game coming to

enough crossover shit