Infection/Zombies mode maps

• Workshop links:
    Cursed Manor http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=505245625
    Cursed Moor http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514528049
    Cursed Ruins http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527206087
    Cursed Stoneshill http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534865899
    Cursed Castle Assault http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=632700728

The Cursed maps are custom maps inspired by “Infection” or “Zombie” game modes seen in a few other games.

All players initially start out on one team except for one player who is on the undead team. Whenever a player on the living team is slain, they will automatically join the undead team. Living players start out unarmed but weapons and armor will spawn at random locations for them to find. The game continues until there are no players remaining on the living team or enough time has passed since the last slaying.

Note: This is NOT a mod. These are just custom maps and no mod installation is needed.

• This mode is pretty rad. Moor, not so much. It’s too flat, nowhere to defend. Humans get rekt. Manor is great fun. Would love to see some more maps.

• Thanks for the feedback. The Moor version is new and hasn’t had any revisions yet, unlike Cursed Manor. The next version of it will have some changes to the map layout it give it some more defensible locations.

• Best chivalry game mod(e) ever. Great job!

• Er… any way to fix the customization bug?

• You mean the undead players appearing as knights sometimes? I’ve seen it happen a few times and it’s always been on someone with high ping (150+), so I’m guessing it’s some kind of network/desync bug with the Customize Pawn function. I might try adding a trigger to the graveyard entrance to re-apply the skeleton model in case it failed the first time, but I’m not sure if there’s a way for me to work around the bug that will work 100% of the time (assuming I’m correct about what’s causing it). Might require a TB patch.

• If your map is using TO2?

Players can change their playermodel anytime just by re-selecting class.

• Yeah, I’m aware of that bug (I posted a thread about it in the bug report forum). I’ve already worked around that bug by using the Toggle Inputs function to prevent the player from accessing the class or team selection menu. So that isn’t the cause, unless Toggle Inputs is failing somehow.

• It seems if you go into customization menu you will reappear as a knight.
    (will have to properly test this later)

• Oh, I wasn’t aware of that one. If that’s true, I don’t know if there’s any way I can fix that on my end – these are custom maps rather than a mod, so I’m limited in what I have control over. It sounds similar to the class re-selection bug, so maybe they’re related.

• Yeah I don’t really know anything about map kismet stuff. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
    When are you setting the skele model for the player?

• It happens at the same time it teleports the player out of the spawn area.

• Maybe just do another customization override after tp just to be sure it works.

• Looks like I might be able to prevent the Customization menu bug from changing the player’s model if I use Override Pawn Assets instead of Customize Pawn in the Kismet. I’ll try that for the next version of the maps and see if it works.

• New versions of both maps will be uploaded on Wednesday at 10:00am PST. After the maps have been uploaded, anyone running a server with these maps will need to restart their server before running the maps again or players may get booted from the server due to it running an outdated version of the map.

Changes:

Cursed Manor v0.2.1

• Possible fix for player model exploit.
    • Replaced buggy skeleton first person model with normal class models.
    • Added spooky ghost texture to all undead weapons.
    • Players will be healed periodically before the round has started to prevent team kills.

Cursed Moor v0.1

• Possible fix for player model exploit.
    • Players will be healed periodically before the round has started to prevent team kills.
    • Removed vanguard charge attack from the first undead.
    • Reduced number of rounds to 3.
    • Expanded the map.
    • Added ballistas and healing water to the center of the map.
    • Moved first undead’s initial spawn point further away.
    • Increased initial weapon spawns.
    • Slightly increased amount of weapons and armor spawned per slain player.
    • Added a way to block off one undead spawn area at a time.

• Sweet. Looking forward to the new Moor map ^___^

• Another update will be uploaded this Thursday at 7:30am PST. Same as last time, any servers hosting these maps will need to be restarted before running the maps again.

Changes:

Cursed Manor v0.3

• Lifeforce Sense has been replaced with a message indicating which floor has the most living players on it.
    • Some doors will be opened randomly at the start of each round. The more players on the server, the more doors will be opened.
    • Mithril armor will spawn sooner.
    • Fixed a map exploit.

Cursed Moor v0.2

• Added a few new structures to the main areas of the map.
    • An HUD marker will appear when a spawn area can be sealed.
    • Undead now have a respawn delay. Starts out short but increases as the ratio of Undead to Living grows. Sealing a spawn area also increases it.
    • Fixed a stuck spot under the bridge.
    • Fixed a map exploit.

• There is now a 3rd map, Cursed Ruins, a conversion of the Ruins official map to the Infection game mode. The map has two different sizes which depends on the amount of players on the server. At 20+ players it will use the larger version of the Ruins map and when under 20 players it will use the smaller version. Any feedback is appreciated as this map is new and might need some tweaks still.

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527206087

The next set of map updates will be uploaded this Friday at 7:30am PST. Changes:

Cursed Manor v0.3.1

• The first undead can now use their battle cry to detect nearby living players.
    • The last living player will be guaranteed to be the next round’s first undead if they opt in.
    • The first undead cannot be the same player twice in a row unless they’re the only opt-in.
    • Replaced Hunting Knife pickup with Poleaxe.
    • Buffed Mithril armor.

Cursed Moor v0.2.1

• The first undead can now use their battle cry to detect nearby living players.
    • The last living player will be guaranteed to be the next round’s first undead if they opt in.
    • The first undead cannot be the same player twice in a row unless they’re the only opt-in.
    • Replaced Hunting Knife pickup with Poleaxe.
    • Buffed Mithril armor.
    • Sealing a spawn area now lasts for the entire round.

• New versions of the maps will be uploaded this Thursday at 7:30am PST.

Changes:

Cursed Manor v0.3.2

• Timer will be shorter based on the percentage of living players slain.
    • A random living player’s location will be revealed when the timer reaches 40 seconds remaining.
    • Reduced cooldown of first undead’s battle cry ability.
    • Added spooky glow to undead weapons.
    • Reduced first undead’s base speed slightly. Max sprint speed remains the same.
    • Fixed a map exploit.

Cursed Moor v0.2.2

• A random living player’s location will be revealed when the timer reaches 40 seconds remaining.
    • Reduced cooldown of first undead’s battle cry ability.
    • Reduced first undead’s base speed slightly. Max sprint speed remains the same.

Cursed Ruins v0.0.2

• A random living player’s location will be revealed when the timer reaches 40 seconds remaining on the small map, or 50 seconds remaining on the large map.
    • Increased undead’s resistance to projectiles.
    • Moved living team spawn points that were too close to the undead spawn area.
    • Changed conditions to trigger the large version of the map. If the player count is 36+ it will be used every round, if the player count is 28+ it will only be used on the last 2 rounds, or if the player count is 20+ it will only be used on the last round.
    • In the large version of the map, every 20 seconds a random living player will scream, alerting nearby undead that someone is close.

• Global Moderator

I have just made a 64 slot infection server based in Australia. We’ll see how that goes with 64 players lol.

Sometimes the server map says envyentry which is the udkfrontend map. Join it when it runs that and it locks up the client. However it also fixes the server making it change map. Really strange. Might be because of its first time running the 4 maps.