CycleMap

• I’ve been trying to set the cyclemap of my server, but I cant.
    I set:

[AOC.AOCGame]
    bLogGameplayEvents=false
    GameplayEventsWriterClassName=Engine.GameplayEventsWriter
    GameplayEventsHeartbeat=1.0

bForceRespawn=True
    bAllowNonTeamChat=True

;; START default map list (lore-correct ordering of TO maps, with breather variant maps in-between the two team’s campaigns)
    Maplist[0]=AOCLTS-Arena3_p

Maplist[1]=AOCTO-Hillside_P
    Maplist[2]=AOCTO-Battlegrounds_v3_P
    Maplist[3]=AOCKOTH-Hillside_P
    Maplist[4]=AOCTO-Darkforest_p
    ETC

I try to delete a line, for example, “Maplist[4]=AOCTO-Darkforest_p”. But the cyclemap not change… What is the fail?

• I have also noticed the maplist in the Defaultgame.ini differs from the maplist in the PCServer-UDKGame.ini

Which are we supposed to use?

• Same here.

In the UDKGame.ini I found this, but change to “true” any of this lines also have no changes.

DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCFFA”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCFFA”)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTUT”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCTUT”)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCLTS”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCLTS”)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOC”,bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType=“AOC.AOCEntry”)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCKOTH”,bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType=“AOC.AOCKOTH”)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTO”,bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType=“AOC.AOCTeamObjective”)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCSURV”,bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType=“AOC.AOCSurvival”)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCCTL”,bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType=“AOC.AOCCTL”)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCMOV”,bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType=“AOC.AOCTrailerGame”)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTD”,bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType=“AOC.AOCTD”)
    DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCCTF”,bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType=“AOC.AOCCTF”)

• PCServer-UDKGame.ini for the dedicated server
    DefaultGame.ini or UDKGame.ini if you’re just hosting a LAN with your client files.

• But, what line we need to edit to change the map cycle?

• Developer

The Maplist lines.

Maplist[0]=…
    Maplist[1]=…

You can change them to whatever you want, and add to or remove from the list (as long as the numbers keep a 0,1,2,3… ordering without gaps). Don’t change the DefaultMapPrefixes lines.

• I set it as u say but… The first map dont change, aoctd-moor_p, always this map >.<… I dont like it as first map ;_;

• The first map is determined by your commandline.

• @b3h47pte:

The first map is determined by your commandline.

If we’re going through server providers, is there a way to change this? Or is your commandline only available through LAN servers.

• @wattle:

@b3h47pte:

If we’re going through server providers, is there a way to change this? Or is your commandline only available through LAN servers.

If you need to make a change to your command line Wattle let us know. We got your back ;)

• @HiveGaming:

@wattle:

@b3h47pte:

If you need to make a change to your command line Wattle let us know. We got your back ;)

When you login to your game panel there is a “Command Line Changer” to allow you to change your map. Due to the way this game works with our control panel it can be tricky at first, just remember to preview the line before you save it as saving it will usually automatically select it as default and restart the server to run the changes.

Edit: I also meant to add that most respectable GSPs should offer some method of changing your map.

• Awesome, that was a lot easier than expected.