Raising the skill Ceiling

• If and when torn banner put out their next game I hope they find a way to raise the skill ceiling because in cmw once two opponents reach it, it becomes simply who has the better connection. Feint reading is highly dependant on ping which by now doesn’t need stating. Now I don’t know if the mind games that come into play with feinting should be put into the same category as skill because most of these “mind games” boil down to when and if to gamble. If torn banner are able to create a game where you are a able to see and react to the what ur enemy is doing without the need for gambling I will be happy because honestly my head hurts from bumping it on this skill ceiling. After seeing slasher and seeing how much smaller the parry boxes are also the new chambering mechanic it is clear that it will have a higher skill ceiling and I look forward to seeing the completed product. However I’d be interested in hearing any ideas on how to raise the skill ceiling in the next instalment of chivalry.

• Fov 90 tbh locked. First person only, punkbuster enabled.

• @loin:

Fov 90 tbh locked. First person only, punkbuster enabled.

Only the truely skilled players will be able to get punkbuster to work.

Excellent changes.

• Mod

Punkbuster blocks everyone from playing. Hate that bloody thing!

• shut down steam when installing punkbuster. that’s how i got it working for RO2.

• @loin:

Fov 90 tbh locked. First person only

This is my greatest wish for any future Chivalry style game from Torn Banner.

• 6v6 TO skill ceiling nowhere near reached

• Feinting is not so much a gamble as a mistake if you put yourself into the position where you are wide open to an easy feint. You can use footwork, shields, aggressive attacks with faster weapons or distance with longer weapons, crouching/lean back, and fast kicks to reduce the effect of feints. And yes if an opponent repeats the same pattern with their feints you can do something about that too.

• @loin:

Fov 90 tbh locked. First person only

Just adding these two things to Chivalry now would make it such a better game. If not, I hope it will happen in a future game.

• You have to add in 100% team damage as default and no more of that silly 50% I would also remove the bubble completely and go back to the original default player collision. I would also turn the hit boxes in to collision boxes as well as make weapons be collisions boxes too that way there would be no player models penetrating each other and through walls. Visually accurate shield collisions boxes instead of them currently being way bigger and not the same shape as the shields. The round buckler has a giant square collision box, no wonder they are so hard to get around.

• @Retsnom:

You have to add in 100% team damage as default and no more of that silly 50% I would also remove the bubble completely and go back to the original default player collision. I would also turn the hit boxes in to collision boxes as well as make weapons be collisions boxes too that way there would be no player models penetrating each other and through walls. Visually accurate shield collisions boxes instead of them currently being way bigger and not the same shape as the shields. The round buckler has a giant square collision box, no wonder they are so hard to get around.

Buckler has only a tower shield sized collision box against projectiles. Against melee it feels like the collision box is half as big as the buckler visual.

• @Retsnom:

You have to add in 100% team damage as default and no more of that silly 50% I would also remove the bubble completely and go back to the original default player collision. I would also turn the hit boxes in to collision boxes as well as make weapons be collisions boxes too that way there would be no player models penetrating each other and through walls. Visually accurate shield collisions boxes instead of them currently being way bigger and not the same shape as the shields. The round buckler has a giant square collision box, no wonder they are so hard to get around.

So everyone getting stuck in each other or randomly dying due to massive physics related values coming out when your arms hit someone else’s arms.

• @lemonater47:

So everyone getting stuck in each other or randomly dying due to massive physics related values coming out when your arms hit someone else’s arms.

No you would not get stuck on each other if the player model hitboxes were also collision boxes…… Gee Lemon use your head

• @Retsnom:

No you would not get stuck on each other if the player model hitboxes were also collision boxes…… Gee Lemon use your head

I am and I’m struggling to see how it wouldn’t without a massive redoing of the whole game. You want to remove the player collision radius entirely and just use the character models themselves to collide with each other.

What happens when players arms gets tangled together?

• @loin:

Fov 90 tbh locked. First person only, punkbuster enabled.

For someone who craps on about Quake a lot - a game requiring insane fov, you sure seem obsessive over your locked 90 FOV bud.

Take your 90 FOV and stick it up your arse, got that cornflakes?

• I’m really hoping Slasher/Mordhau ends up doing well. As much as I love Chivalry, it’s straight-up better from what i’ve played.

Of course, i’m also hoping Torn Banner’s unannounced title is good as well, and if it ends up being better than Mordhau, then i’m all for that as well.

• Haha yea the buckler is a invisible tower shield

• @Lilboots:

Haha yea the buckler is a invisible tower shield

except for that spot where projectiles and weapons phase right through.

• This phantom skill ceiling is such a line of old horse meat tbh. Why somebody very much like the op in character
    plus the way he posts on steam was recently vac banned, he then went on to stick his bs on Admin steam hub.

What the skill ceiling means for most pub players is some whiny arrogant vet, exploiting his ballerina toony moves
    off. While being as arrogant and crusty as they can on the steam chivalry hub, sticking it to new players if
    they even post. As long as the options exist to simply play in Third person or increase fovs to 160 in first
    or rely using weapons that once animations have began don’t even register hits on the player using them.
    or trying to be out of snyc with a purposely glitchy routine right down to the packet escapades then the
    fact the skill ceiling is a figment of over active minds of players who’s minds are easily mislead by
    illusions of horse manure odours about how good they actually are in a game were such things exist
    as mentioned. I’m surprised at how many bags of frozen chips some of these generic vets carry
    about in Chivalry about skill ceilings.

• Mod

Very true tbh. Pro moves are basically moves that can not be seen by the human eye. Unless the human eye is a robot eye attached to the human or something.