Why are NL servers so much worse than the rest?

• I’ve learned to join them only as the last resort as I’m pretty sure people complain about lagginess and weird stuff happening a lot more often there compared to DE and UK.

Also my ping tends to be very stable everywhere else, while on NL servers I could be around 68-76 the first couple of minutes and go up to 96 or even 104 after a while.

• Location location location. I manage non official chivalry servers all over Australia. And the ones in the State of Victoria are shite compared to the rest. Even though they are the exact same server build as the rest. People get higher ping to them even people who live in the same city (Melbourne) as the servers. Bad location.

• This is true.

• Even my pals from NL get worse ping on the NL servers than on UK and DE ones.

• Yeah I dunno what the deal is with the NL servers. They are actually in NL (a few possible mislabeled servers aside), so it’s baffling as to why players from there get better ping to UK and DE servers.

• Think ill try and avoid them then, I thought it was just shitty servers in general, thanks for the info.

Also sorry for the guys running private servers in NL!

• @Wrath:

Think ill try and avoid them then, I thought it was just shitty servers in general, thanks for the info.

Also sorry for the guys running private servers in NL!

It’s most probably not whole NL which has shitty servers, dude.
    Just the ones TBS/Multiplay(?) is using.

• @INerevar:

It’s most probably not whole NL which has shitty servers, dude.
    Just the ones TBS/Multiplay(?) is using.

Most likely, they’ve always been servers I avoid, because I can get 140-150 ping on them for no reason. They’re also more unstable than the other servers, UK and DE are decent at least.

• It is very strange but from my exp of fps gaming online, Brits always get better fps and gameplay on servers not in the uk.
    by some twist the Euro’s get better game play on uk servers. For some reason playing in your own country is a minefield
    of bad lag and local traffic.