Chivalry Deadliest Warrior Server Configs

• Good evening all

I recently started playing Chivalry again and picked back up where I left off regarding server configs.

Everything in Medieval Warfare seems pretty straight forward and customization is easy to do.

Then there is Deadliest Warrior…

I have a basic understanding of how the PCServer-CDWGame.ini works in DW but I find myself scratching my head when it comes to customizing game modes for each one (FFA, TD, LTS, etc).

Does anyone have a straight forward explanation as to how things operate now on Deadliest Warrior? All the guides I have found only include the basics as far as getting the server created and online. They don’t go into any greater detail on how to configure individual servers for maybe one straight game mode. I have tried the old fashioned way that works well with Medieval Warfare but the server never gets off the ground so I am assuming things have changed in terms of how the DW servers operate.

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it! :D

• @PattyIce87:

I find myself scratching my head when it comes to customizing game modes for each one (FFA, TD, LTS, etc).

Does anyone have a straight forward explanation as to how things operate now on Deadliest Warrior? All the guides I have found only include the basics as far as getting the server created and online. They don’t go into any greater detail on how to configure individual servers for maybe one straight game mode. I have tried the old fashioned way that works well with Medieval Warfare but the server never gets off the ground so I am assuming things have changed in terms of how the DW servers operate.

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it! :D

So the best way to control the game mode is to choose the correct type of map in your maplist or votemaplist.
    https://tornbannerjira.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CHIVCOM/Chivalry%3A+Deadliest+Warrior±+Map+list

; Do Map Voting? (false to use classic maplist)
    bVoteNextMap=true

For voting you make your maplist with entries like this:

VoteMapList[1]=(MapName="TD-Isle",GameMode="AOCTD",NumTeams=2,AllowedClass=("Ninja","Random"))

If you set bVoteNextMap to false I think it will cycle your MapList entries (constructed the same way) automatically. Haven’t actually run a server like that, and the official ones all use bVoteNextMap so I’m not sure. In any case, you can still limit the voting options to a particular game mode (by the maps chosen) but add variations to the team selections and whatnot, if you like, which is nice.

Similarily, start up your server and set those options for the initial map

CDWLogging.exe TD-Acropolis?numteams=6?class0=Pirate?class1=Ninja?class2=Samurai?class3=Knight?class4=Viking?class5=Spartan

• Very helpful!

It took me a little while to dig through the original config ini but I managed to finally sort it all out.

Just for my personal reference, and for the initial configuration, I sorted out all the map listings that were already in the ini and put em in a separate notepad, sorted by game mode.

Within the hour, I had become pretty much a pro on this.

Now if I can get my friends to see the servers I host via ingame. I can see the servers both in Internet and LAN tabs but they cant see them. I have a feeling that it is going to be a port issue. I have all the necessary ports forwarded, I just don’t see why they can’t see my game.

Example, I use port 7777 for the ‘Port’ value for the server with PeerPort being 7778 under the PCServer-CDWEngine.ini Then under’OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks’ i have QueryPort being 7777.

I forget the correct way to go about having the server visible to the public beyond just me. Any solutions? Uploading my CDWEngine and CDWGame ini files via zip.

Let me know what you think :)

• Also, I run the following commands when starting the server:
    D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\chivalry_dw_ded_server\Binaries\Win64\CDWLogging.exe
    FFA-Moor?steamsockets -dedicated=true configsubdir=FFA -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=192.168.0.10

Not sure how fast they approve comments but I have another one before this one regarding my server configs.

• You need to put the Steamworks port on a different value, not the same as gameport(7777), default for this is 27015.
    Now they’re having a conflict and that’s probably why you can’t see it!
    Don’t forget to forward the steamport as well :)

• After going back and extensively checking my port forwarding configuration, I am happy to say that everything is running smoothly now and friends (and random players) can see my server in the server list for both MW and DW. It feels nice when things go according to plan!

Thanks again for all of your help. :D

• Glad to hear it’s up and running ^___^