Announce the Sequel Already

• Holy Fuck Torn Banana, you are the only established game developer in a niche genre with unique game play mechanics. You have an established fan base, and talented devs. You’ve made a ton of money, and have had multiple promotions.

WHY IS THERE NO SEQUEL?!?

It’s been 4 years mates, and there are thousands of possibilities for new mechanics, unexplored lore, and unqiue introductions. Jesus Christ, if there is no sequel….

You guys must have some pretty idiotic people at the helm of this thing, if you can’t manage the direction of the company itself then bring the right people in because a sequel to this game is a no brainer, and any entrepreneur with a brain would have been all over the marketing for it already.

SEQUEL!!!

On a side note, this is what I want in said sequel :D

• Replace feints with shoulder movement that almost lunges forward, so feints must be used within the context of a combo and well placed footing to be effective (rather than just the straight up gamble we got going on now)

• Make parry box much smaller, actually fuck that, make the weapon the parry box and shape the parry box to the places where the weapon would actually be able to parry (so like not the very bottom part of a dagger where a strike would sort of push through) and make each weapon/attack have a unique motion and direction to parry it. Adding for more attack variety and less route memorization of animations and more intuitive on the fly decision making.

• Remove bubble or scale it so that the bubble is more or less the actual player.

• Add in a clashing mechanic.

• Get rid of knockback, it wouldn’t be necessary with previous changes.

• Remove classes in exchange for customization in armor and weaponry to achieve different stats. This would be beneficial to the game as it would again force someone to make on the fly decisions and reactions unique to each enemy as opposed to simply memorizing tactics for each and every class. Would greatly expand the life time and replay ability of the game.

• Meaningful updates, this one is serious. Every successful product goes through a period where something new must come to it or it will stagnate. An evolving game is necessary if you want to game to stay relevant. Some minor complaints about balance/etc is completely irrelevant in the much larger scheme of things. While the customer is always right, video games and most other industries with an innovation curve aren’t like that. The customer doesn’t know what he or she wants, because what he or she wants might not be invented yet. It’s up to you bros.

So I might, and probably have, wasted my time typing this out but maybe by some miracle someone from tbs reads this and brings it up to the rest of you peeps. Adios. Discuss.

• I would rather wait another 10 years for a proper, good, balanced, stable, polished, frequently updated, non-pay to win, non-subscription, one time fee amazing Chivalry 2 than wait a few more years for another DW.

• See unannounced unity 4 project. That’s your best bet for a sequel.

• @VizualDeciple:

See unannounced unity 4 project. That’s your best bet for a sequel.[/QUOTE

Most of the things people are suggesting is possible with mods and updates……
    I highly doubt there will be a Chivalry MW 2. Most likely gonna be a different chivalry game. Maybe a different era in history. Renaissance? Colonial Age? Bronze Age? Different region in the world? Who knows

• They shouldn’t wait about to long , look at Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
    It even has swords and axes plus is first person only melee, looking like a hitman killer of Chivalry tbh.
    TB has a head start because they have the assets and props , all they need to do is import them into
    Unreal engine 4 , add some lines of code in C and script and presto its done.

The project they are working on is so secretive , even they don’t know what it is hehe.

• @loin:

They shouldn’t wait about to long , look at Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
    It even has swords and axes plus is first person only melee, looking like a hitman killer of Chivalry tbh.
    TB has a head start because they have the assets and props , all they need to do is import them into
    Unreal engine 4 , add some lines of code in C and script and presto its done.

The project they are working on is so secretive , even they don’t know what it is hehe.

it’s a cooperative PVE game. with like Tank /assasin classes…

• 4 years?

Hasn’t quite been 3 years yet.

Their unannounced project has been nothing more than that for a whole year though. Not even us mods no anything. However a Guy I work with did some freelance work for a torn banner Environmental artist. However it was a little side project that guy was doing and nothing to do with their secret project. But if an environment artist has some spare time to do side projects then that would mean that they are pretty far through their project.

• I have the feeling that this new game is mostly cooked by now and they are mostly optimizing it and researching game modes and gameplay changes (remember how they got a playable product with Deadliest Warrior in no time?). I think they go for the surprise effect.

We should get the announcement by Q4 of this year on Chivalry’s 3rd birthday, followed by a Torn Bannerish sale that will flood these forums with new zweihanderswinging fans. Then by Q1 2016 we get a short early access and the game is released around March, hopefully on my 21st birthday.

• I’m not too fussed, the current game is still lots of fun to play and the only one out there like it.

The new project I would imagine is something completely different. Once that is out there I would guess they would do CMW2 but probably it will take 2 or 3 years to perfect.

I can wait, we have lots of TO maps in rotation, sufficient players to easily find a server as long as they do a steam sale now and then and the very occasional free weekend.

Obviously in CMW2 they should follow the film industries lead and have strong female characters to play, then they might double their sales.

• They will be back soon, don’t you worry tbh. As soon as a few late house payments and heavy bills arrive. Let alone expensive tastes. Most likely slap some quickie together one evening to keep us plebs entertained.

• “Tigris!!! of Gaul!!!” XD loved Gladiator watched it to death and your picture is hilarious.

• @loin:

They will be back soon, don’t you worry tbh. As soon as a few late house payments and heavy bills arrive. Let alone expensive tastes. Most likely slap some quickie together one evening to keep us plebs entertained.

Found my next wallpaper.

Excellent work tbh.

• Loin is a genius we have to acknowledge it, this community has been blessed tbh