Archer Thrown Weapon issues.

• 1. After throwing a javelin, my mouse sensitivity plummets. Up until I throw, my mouse sensitivity is fine, in both free look and aim mode. But once I throw a weapon, I can try to spin my character as fast as possible and it only moves 10 degrees instead of 360+. This makes it impossible to turn and run from an oncoming melee character.

2. After throwing a weapon, you have to re-enter free look mode before you can aim and throw again. Is this intentional?

• Javelins have a lot of known issues. One thing you can do to work around the sensitivity drop - as well as the super slow reload - is to swap to your secondary and then back to your primary immediately after throwing a javelin. This was a serious bug in early versions of AoC that allowed you to rapidfire javelins, but ironically it’s the only way to make javelins playable right now :P

• @SlyGoat:

Javelins have a lot of known issues. One thing you can do to work around the sensitivity drop - as well as the super slow reload - is to swap to your secondary and then back to your primary immediately after throwing a javelin. This was a serious bug in early versions of AoC that allowed you to rapidfire javelins, but ironically it’s the only way to make javelins playable right now :P

Thank you for your reply, but this is not adequate. This is the most fragile class in the closest range to its targets with the least amount of ammunition. Combine that with having to weapon switch in order to turn around and flee OR throw a followup weapon…it’s not what I expected when I paid $25.

I hope the developers are working on a real solution.

• Sorry, I meant to imply by “known issues” that they are both known and being worked on. The game just came out - a hotfix is coming soon to fix some of the serious issues, and another patch will be released in 2 weeks.

• My apologies, I look forward to the fix. Thank you for your replies.