MARKZMEN TOOLZ OF TRADE

• What’s your favorite marksman weapon? Feel free to explain why or discuss. No drama, no imperial propaganda…

Thinking about going fulltime archer once I hit 50, melee has lost its charm for me. Plus getting a headshot from long range feels so good. I’m an archer for most medieval/fantasy games. (Except for Dark Souls Zwei and Black Knight Greatsword are killing machines!!!)

• If this is for PS3 or Xbox, I go Heavy crossbow. The reason I go heavy crossbow is well it’s damage! I sacrifice faster reloads for damage output when I’m dealing with knights. You can just land 1 good one and finish the job with a sabre slice to the back or a cudgel smash to the head.

• I’d agree but its too much reloading for one shot if you miss. You must be a good marksman then.

• I’m decent archer, I’m not anywhere near the best on PS3, I nominate that title to HYPNOTIC-MYTH. But when reloading just go behind cover when you know you’re team has them occupied. If not then pull out melee until safe to reload.

• Gotta be the shortbow for me. People get tricked into thinking you’re really accurate if you’re always shooting.

• Dude the short bow shoots pretty fast

• @•frogmonkey64:

Dude the short bow shoots pretty fast

Shortly is godawful. It’s effectiveness is equivalent to nerf darts.

• Tomahawk chop is my death blow. Tomahawk…Tomahawk.

• @Firecracker999:

Shortly is godawful. It’s effectiveness is equivalent to nerf darts.

Your results may vary.

• @conmon_the_archer:

Your results may vary.

It sucks…… plain and simple. The only thing you can do effectively is pick off people that are wounded

• @Firecracker999:

It sucks…… plain and simple. The only thing you can do effectively is pick off people that are wounded

I’ve had a different experience.

Usually I prefer a fist/knife fight in the first place, but if I’m pulling out the bow, its main use in a one on one fight is to flinch someone charging at you and quickly switch to your knife while their guard is down.

But it might be a playstyle thing. If I liked hanging back and sniping more, I might prefer a warbow or a crossbow.

• It’s kind of funny how in PC archers rule the battlefield (which is historically accurate, mostly) but on Xbox archer class takes immense skill to land even 40% accuracy.
    Archer class is just plain difficult on Xbox……

• @Firecracker999:

Not true it works very well as a anti archer bow (counter sniper) with broadhead arrows of course

• @BunnyGangster:

Not true it works very well as a anti archer bow (counter sniper) with broadhead arrows of course

True but if we are talking competitive play (clan vs clan) it would be far more beneficial to use a ranged weapon capable of killing knights and vangaurds.

• Warbow is great for TO if you’re able to fight through the lag and such. Seriously good weapon.

• @CharonOfTheStyx:

Warbow is great for TO if you’re able to fight through the lag and such. Seriously good weapon.

Yeppers……

• Banned

@Firecracker999:

It’s kind of funny how in PC archers rule the battlefield (which is historically accurate, mostly) but on Xbox archer class takes immense skill to land even 40% accuracy.
    Archer class is just plain difficult on Xbox……

As a veteran pc player, not true. The only archers who can rule the battlefield are people who use aim bot and they die because they have no actual skill in avoiding shield using knights with axes.

• I will be hosting a 4v4 Team objective Tournament in the upcoming future. “NON-Clan Related” pick any 4 players to join up with and FIGHT FOR GLORY. 8 teams will be entered. 1 round eliminations. I will pick a date when all 8 teams have been entered. “Name your team”. Xbox message me with your team “players and name” to enter. 1st come 1st served. Each round will be both teams defending and attacking on the objective chosen. More info is to be givin with the production of teams entered. I will be hosting ALL MATCHES. Sharpen thy Blades Knights.

• I think unless they were on the castle walls or used en masse to fire volleys of arrows/bolts at the enemy they were ineffective historically. That’s why unless you got 10 archers in a PC lobby, or you got level 40 archer vets on xbox, most beginner archers (like myself) are fodder and weigh down the team.

• Eh a good archer can take on many soldiers mainly relying on distance and speed, archers to me, they have to be the most cunning to win a battle. But nothing like chopping ones head off XD