Auto-kick for idlers

• please. some guys go afk for hours and clog up full servers.

and it’d be nice to see idle time in the playerlist before you votekick someone also.

• We got this dude in EU, he’s usually afk on a server for 8-10 hours, luckily he was banned from official servers (for some other reason), but he still clogs up private servers.

Either way, the idle time counts for people who just spectate for a bit as well, and on FFA if the auto kicker would be more than 10 minutes no one would ever get kicked because the idle timer restarts every new round.

• 5 minutes would be enough.

• @Xylvion:

We got this dude in EU, he’s usually afk on a server for 8-10 hours, luckily he was banned from official servers (for some other reason), but he still clogs up private servers.

Probably some secret clan he was trying to join that required 2000 hours played minimum per player.

Also happy birthday. That’s definitely not weeks too late or anything like that.

• @Rickvs:

Probably some secret clan he was trying to join that required 2000 hours played minimum per player.

Also happy birthday. That’s definitely not weeks too late or anything like that.

Nah, he’s probably got too many hours already, rank 57ish.

Happy birthday to you too, in advance.

• There’s also this guy in AU who just goes AFK. The guy can’t be bothered quitting chivalry when he goes to work. Let alone leave the server. So he just sits there AFK.

• How hard is it to just alt+f4 at least?

• Is this actually such a widespread problem?

• it’s a problem when you’ve been trying to get into a full server then see there’s multiple people afk

• Dudeface – yes. Early morning NA servers are usually filled with people who fell asleep or left it on without leaving. Or often people just go about their morning business in servers. I end up kicking at least 10 - 15 people a day for long idle times :P

• I don’t see the problem with idlers esp in the usa. On the old Q3 arena servers they were on all night in chat. Its quite a
    social thing tbh. As I often was up very late it was not uncommon to see them on for days talking like rednecks lawl ?
    After a while you can see who is from what region. NA in chivalry most likely has so many servers after all.
    What ever next ? are you going to complain when Chivalry players are shown online 24 hours a day on steam?

• I never understood why chiv players are so hostile against idlers.
    If one guy is AFK for hours - ok. But there are so often votekicks vs players who idle for like one or two minutes or spectators who are actually there, chatting.
    And I’m with Loin here actually, in other games people just like to spectate while in Chivalry those are votekicked.

• play or get out imo. there’s not enough TO servers running these days. usually one and it’s full often.

• @INerevar:

I never understood why chiv players are so hostile against idlers.

The best is when people votekick a spectator when the server isn’t even near full. It’s just like… why.

@butternut: lol, I am imagining nerds who fell asleep in their chair in the middle of a game.

• idlers are more of a problem now that we get down to say one TO server per region during slightly off hours.

I admit I will sit on a server for a while, doing other work at the same time, because I dont want to give up my spot and have to wait a while to rejoin.

If I get desperate I just fire up 5 computers and start a new server. Usually there are a bunch of people just waiting for a new TO server.