'Teach me' Thread

• Hey guys, Knight here again with a good topic I would like to discuss.

So recently I’ve seen a lot of people complain about how these forums turned into a salt factory with hate being dished out at each other every day, obviously I don’t have a concrete solution to stop everyone hating each other but I do have something that would allow people to really engage in a meaningful conversation not an argument about who has a bigger dong.

#whycantwebefriends

I’ve posted in the past about why high level players get kicked from games almost instantly due to low level players not wanting to get smacked around like a piece of candy, perhaps it’s because they don’t know all the tricks and moves we do.

Maybe it’s time we forsook our pride and developed a ‘Master plz train me thread’ which is what this whole thread is about. Not linked to one clan, Just our entire community, (small as it may be) With the high ranked players teaching newbies stuff which will make them a formidable opponent in a duel and in general matches. It’s a win-win situation in my opinion.

Newer players get to learn how to play in controlled servers rather than taking a beating in a pub and lose faith in the game, and we high level players get more and more skilled fighters to duel rather than slash spamming randoms who suck.

I understand that mostly high levels post on the forums here but I’d love to make this thread a place where new guys or even high level players who want to add more moves to their repertoire.(fancy word for move sets) And can post a GT and have someone teach them a new move and vice versa.

For example, I don’t know how to rainbow, Yup. begin the laughs because b00ger knight is the biggest nub out there. Someone should teach me, and then I can show them a ‘trick’ which will win any fight if you’re desperate. (Boot and the rest of FG should know what I’m on about;) )

It would be nice to see the community help each other out for a change, rather than argue, but hey it’s just a suggestion so take it as you will but I’d be happy to help out anyone who wants to learn more things about the game if they feel like their play style is lacking.

On the flip-side I’m also willing to learn some more advanced things from the true pros of the game,

You know who you are.

GT: b00ger Knight.

• lands on beach I declare this thread salt free!!! Where’s my DA flag at? lol JK

I can’t rainbow to save my life so don’t feel bad. I know the steps but I just can’t do it that well and don’t think its very reliable. Does the same damage as an overhead anyways. From what I know you have to have your sensitivity jacked up high and turning your back to the enemy and look up before striking.

• Awesome! I’m gonna have to cast my vote for Honorable Mention to b

• Both you guys!

• b00ger you invisible hitting bastard.

• @VizualDeciple:

lands on beach I declare this thread salt free!!! Where’s my DA flag at?

Charisma +1
    Firefly hands Visual the iron cross medal
    XD

• @VizualDeciple:

lands on beach I declare this thread salt free!!! Where’s my DA flag at? lol JK

I can’t rainbow to save my life so don’t feel bad. I know the steps but I just can’t do it that well and don’t think its very reliable. Does the same damage as an overhead anyways. From what I know you have to have your sensitivity jacked up high and turning your back to the enemy and look up before striking.

I consider myself to be pretty good at pulling off rainbows. Just don’t start the windup facing away and switch to 3rd person if you have to until u can pull it off every time in 1st person. Once u can get it in 3rd go into 1st.

• I taught myself to play the game……
    Only person to ever really try and help me out was Tulip Delight (former SDS MAA). He taught me the basics of playing MAA and to this day he is the only person to invite me to a FFA and teach me things I didn’t know.
    I try to help out newbies if I run into level 10s in public duels. Most of them don’t apply what I say. Anyone that wants training has to come to me, if they don’t care about getting good I don’t teach them. Also another person I tried to train (currently in HOG, not gonna name anyone) didn’t apply anything I taught them and continues to duel like they are in public FFAs more the after I tried to train them. I played with them just a few days ago and they are the same player I had fought months ago. Some people don’t listen or try to be better… and it’s not like HOG hasn’t tried to train their members they are. Every day… The person I’m talking about just doesn’t care.

• Also booger……
    Praise the sun

• Yeah, FIRECRACKER…you’re pretty fluid with that rainbow. I can usually step back from that move but you get me a lot more often than anyone else!
    I too am always willing to give pointers to newer players. I’m not the best, but have a bit of experience. I’m usually the foul-language blabbermouth with a microphone, (sorry) so put on your mikes and ask questions. Best way to learn.

• @Gnarlydude:

Yeah, FIRECRACKER…you’re pretty fluid with that rainbow. I can usually step back from that move but you get me a lot more often than anyone else!
    I too am always willing to give pointers to newer players. I’m not the best, but have a bit of experience. I’m usually the foul-language blabbermouth with a microphone, (sorry) so put on your mikes and ask questions. Best way to learn.

Being on mic is fun. I like talking with higher ups and such while playing. It’s fun to hear war stories and get protips. I learned a lot by playing FFA and watching YouTube videos for learning “fancy fighting,” like rainbows and dragging and such. Still can’t waterfall and some other things.

• @Firecracker999:

Also booger……
    Praise the sun

420 Praise it, For we will engage in jolly cooperation!

• @b00ger:

420 Praise it, For we will engage in jolly cooperation!

Lol, be careful out there, wouldn’t want to see you go hollow

• @RetractedBoot:

b00ger you invisible hitting bastard.

I think this ‘special’ tactic will make people hate me more than Reborn. It’s not an invisible hit, it’s just that I learned how to headbutt;)

• @Firecracker999:

Lol, be careful out there, wouldn’t want to see you go hollow

loses humanity and souls FUUUU
    Difficulty:
    Dark souls: beat it once, lots of controller throwing and yelling
    Dark souls 2: beat it five times

Actually surprised that dark souls combat controls are almost the same as chivs