In which province would be Belmez theoretically be located in Agatha?

• Got a lore question, but one that might not be un-answerable. Most of Chivalry’s maps point too or reference where it might be located in Agatha. Belmez wasn’t made by TBS but the author went out of his way to tell a story around it anyway (which is great). However it doesn’t specify in which province it might be.

Now let’s go and assume Belmez is in a swamp-ish land/area. It’s location is more north-westish I guess, as the Masons Citadel is in Vantear which is a volcanic hellscape. Doesn’t seem like there is room for any swamps there. Ramnor maybe? This might seem incredibly pedantic but it’s a little piece of info I need for something I’m working on.

Perhaps the devs have in-house idea of where Belmez might possibly be located?

• One of the things I never liked about Belmez was its back story. Its premise is that Feydrid gets captured at Stoneshill. Which is wrong. Feydrid is obviously killed during the raid. Also, why is Malric at Belmez “personally supervising his custody” when he obviously has much more important issues to worry about - like winning the civil war he is currently fighting and killing Danum Argon to put an end to his claim for power.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that the Belmez lore is dumb and it wouldn’t surprise me if there was little thought put into what region the game map is in.

• @Knifelegs:

One of the things I never liked about Belmez was its back story. It’s premise is that Feydrid gets captured at Stoneshill. Which is wrong. Feydrid is obviously killed during the raid. Also, why is Malric at Belmez “personally supervising his custody” when he obviously has much more important issues to worry about - like winning the civil war he is currently fighting and killing Danum Argon to put an end to his claim for power.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that the Belmez lore is dumb and it wouldn’t surprise me if there was little thought put into what region the game map is in.

I’ve always wanted a Danum character model in Chivalry, but alas Feydrid is all we have. I´ve always liked the idea more where the Belmez map story is about luring Agatha into rescuing Feydrid and Malric is there personally to see the last Agatha remnants wiped out. A sort of tail end to the war. I´m currently leaning towards Ramnor as a location though looking at Barema there it seems to have a march-like piece of land.

• Bélmez is an actual place in Spain (makers of the map are Spanish) with a hilarious mysterious history, check it out on Google.

Ser Tain-Lee the Truthful

• Belmez wasn’t made by the devs. Most of the custom maps have good back stories. Belmez isn’t one of them.

Barema and Ramnor is where the barbarians come from.

• Border of Arathane maybe? Seems to be some wetlands to the south/east, and the proximity to Vantear sort of explains why Malric is present, and slots in with Pilgore’s theory.

• @lemonater47:

Belmez wasn’t made by the devs. Most of the custom maps have good back stories. Belmez isn’t one of them.

Barema and Ramnor is where the barbarians come from.

This. Belmez was a contest entry (I believe it won or was the 2nd.) These are maps designed for fun and showdown of artistic skills, not as followups to vanilla lore (if there’s such thing)

• @Rodkor:

This. Belmez was a contest entry (I believe it won or was the 2nd.) These are maps designed for fun and showdown of artistic skills, not as followups to vanilla lore (if there’s such thing)

I get that, that’s why I’m asking where it theoretically might be located if we simply look at the landscape of Belmez (marches) in relation to the map/geography. I also looked up “Belmez spain” and holy shit it totally sort of-ish exists! xD

Border of Arathane/Vantear makes a lot of sense, I like that. Thanks for the input, guys.

• @Pilgore:

I get that, that’s why I’m asking where it theoretically might be located if we simply look at the landscape of Belmez (marches) in relation to the map/geography. I also looked up “Belmez spain” and holy shit it totally sort of-ish exists! xD

Border of Arathane/Vantear makes a lot of sense, I like that. Thanks for the input, guys.

I mean we can sort of put it where ever the hell we like.

• @lemonater47:

I mean we can sort of put it where ever the hell we like.

Sure, if you want to ignore the province descriptions. A march couldn’t exist in Marinar, Barema or inland-Vantear.

• I hope some official background is introduced in Chivalry 2. Right now the ‘chiv culture’ consists mostly of poop jokes.

• I always thought Agatha was victorious at Stoneshill and then did a counterattack on Citadel following the victory.

So it starts with heading home from the desert place to find Battlegrounds taken by Mason where Agatha succeeds in taking it back, then they pass through Hillside where they fail to take back and then Mason uses dead diseased bodies by hanging them over the water and puts them in a cart and succeeds at Dark Forest, then they go to finish up the job at Stoneshill where Agatha succeeds in defending and then finally Citadel where was the last of Chivalry.

As far as Belmez, I would imagine the only community map that ever had anything to do with official lore was Irilla.

• It’s pretty fun to talk and speculate about potential story reasons around these custom made maps. Even if some of them don’t make much sense. I think it would be pretty interesting to create a narrative thread throughout all of Chivalry’s TO maps -TBS made and user made- and have it all make some sense.

• The makers of belmez were told time and time again not to have the two kings there.

• Mod

@lemonater47:

The makers of belmez were told time and time again not to have the two kings there.

I’m glad they didn’t listen. King vs King makes that map good tbh. I’ve never really followed the chivalry lore. I just do objectives because they give me good points.

• @Tyoson:

I’m glad they didn’t listen. King vs King makes that map good tbh. I’ve never really followed the chivalry lore. I just do objectives because they give me good points.

Yeah but it coulda been someone else with 300 health vs someone else with 300 health. Not Feydrid and Malric.

• @lemonater47:

Yeah but it coulda been someone else with 300 health vs someone else with 300 health. Not Feydrid and Malric.

Shame there’s no skins for generals and the like.

• Mod

@lemonater47:

Queen vs Queen fight would be a nice change tbh. Each lady can only use an open palm to attack.

• @Tyoson:

Queen vs Queen fight would be a nice change tbh. Each lady can only use an open palm to attack.

In all seriousness though, why are there no female models that we could then give only a Sling+Pebbles and Fists?

• @Tyoson:

“…We must return to Scotland and you must fight in the old Highland way - bare breasted and each carrying an eight pound baby.”

Fair enough?

• @Xylvion:

“…We must return to Scotland and you must fight in the old Highland way - bare breasted and each carrying an eight pound baby.”

Fair enough?

What would Gregcau say if he saw Mrs Miggins and someone else fighting bare breasted in chivalry?