Fight Club Admin are ABUSING THEIR POWER

• These guys are insta banning people for personal beefs. They are kicking people when they get beaten by someone too much, for accidental team hits that don’t even kill, circumventing the democratic process built into the game (usurping the power of the people to choose by voting).

NOTE: this has NOT happened to me. I am generally on good terms with FC people, but I was very disappointed to hear of this trend. I then witnessed it myself when a user accidentally threw an ax at a FC admin and was instantly banned by him, UNDENIABLY showing the abuse of power for PERSONAL reasons. I find this highly JUVENILE and very disheartening. Does Torn Banner not check the age of the people they give such power to?

Most disappointing of all is the fact that this trend of personal motives leading to a short circuiting of the democratic mechanisms put in place by the game is the fact that it is coming from Fight Club people, who rather loudly proclaim their support of classical liberal virtues like freedom and due process and upholding of equality and justice. It is very disconcerting to see this blatant hypocrisy in the face of such moral disposition. It turns morality into phony self-righteousness.

Congratulations Fight Club, you are tarnishing your hitherto positive reputation.

Torn Banner, you need to give the power of moderating your servers to people who are more interested in morality than the accolades that come with being viewed as moral. Some of these guys clearly are phony and very much ruled by petty personal vendettas.

And again, I HAVE NEVER PERSONALLY HAD ANY ISSUES WITH THEM, BUT I HAVE WITNESSED ABUSE OF POWER RECENTLY. I have no PERSONAL reason to be starting a complaint thread. But I feel giving these guys this power is a big mistake, for many reasons, including their obvious conflict of interest given their involvement in competitive gaming in Chivalry, but especially because of the blatant abuse of power I have witnessed of late. I understand it is hard to moderate so many servers, but it is clear to me you need to find someone better for the job.

• This is while playing on the FC server?

• What’s a fight club server? Only servers with “official” in the title are anything to do with torn banner.

Fight club is it’s own thing who hire it’s own admins. It has many many admins. Many many admins for 1 or few servers is never a good thing.

• Basically your up a paddle without a stream tbh. For somebody that has never had an issue with them why cause one by
    posting this tosh without contacting them. They have a steam group I noted. Secondly plebs are more offended with a
    server farm being named after Hitler 3rd Reich then a few minor upsets on some American server of micro management
    by some admin who might have had reasons to kick/ban that you did not witness by said individuals before you came on
    the scene tbh.
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/FightClubRddt : < I"d suggest you make video and contact them on the group.

• He sorta does have an issue with them in how they go around using their powers. Or at least what it looks like to him. We may never know what actually goes on without photo evidence from both sides.

They also don’t seem to display any rules. It says on their steam group page you have to contact certain people and ask about the rules lol. Becuase that’s not shady at all.

Going through their steam discussions they do seem to try and be good admins and they have standards. So chances are most of them would actually be alright. They aren’t too fond of swearing but it seems they know it would be impossible to realistically force that. If they had their rules displayed openly to all it would clear up a lot of things. Though you may find some clan centric rules which may have led to what the OP is saying happening.

Though once again clan servers are clan servers and torn banner can’t really do much. Can’t choose the admins.

• Oh I was told Torn Banner was giving them general admin powers. If they want to be Nazis on their own servers that is there business. But banning people for personal reasons is always an abuse of power. Anyway I am fine with their ban on hate speech. But as long as they aren’t banning people for personal reasons or petty reasons on OFFICIAL servers I have no issue.

• Two of their admins did successfully apply to be admins for the official servers, on which they will enforce the official rules, but that has nothing to do with FC as a whole.

FC servers may be stricter, and have many FC-specific admins that are not admins on the official Torn Banner servers, so your mileage there may vary.

• According to their group they have like 20 admins for 1 server lol.

• That is about right for such a famous server you know. How many hours are in a week.? 169? Basically its 7 hours per
    admin… That is a lot of time to sit and Watch players with a keen eye on kicking trouble makers you know. When was
    the last time you sat on a server for 5 hours simply looking for trouble makers, one server I mean? Really they should
    have about 28 admins as I did on one of my old Q3 Arena servers back in the day.

• Server’s aren’t full 24/7 in fact on average a server has people on it for about 6 hours.

• I don’t think so, a well like server can be busy for near 18 hours a day upwards. Even today I have to que up in
    server browser to join a 32 slot old q3 arena server in the usa. A good known server like FC must have a lot of
    traffic and regulars. Its not as if you even manage servers your have mr L, your always here or on steam posting.
    That FC server has lasted so long because its well admined and liked I’d guess.

• Yeah I don’t get it…… Minus a few of the cool guys, the rest are PC bro douche nuggets. I rarely play there and got kicked just last night because you cannot joke about anything as they are simply too hyper sensitive. All I said was that it was good that they allow players of all genders without limits that way archers can play too. Or something to that matter. Basically “archer” is now a slur for gay. Who knew?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXF8MIG_HQI

You need to check your privilege, bra!

• As an admin for both FC and the official servers, I think you may be exaggerating a wee bit. I will say there are too many admins for the FC server, but it’s a private server, so they are free to do what they’d like. Sometimes admins do take things a bit personally, but like others have said, they kick people who they know are assholes or trolls, and they have every right to do so.

There are two of the FC admins who do have official admin privileges, but we definitely treat them as separate entities. If you have had any trouble with myself or Teuce, let us know, :)

• Nope, not exaggerating at all, almost every time I have play there i get kicked for something stupid because they have too many hyper sensitive admins who are easily offended. So I don’t play there often because they have no sense of humor. The admins I have come in contact are total PC Bros. The F/C guys I play with are different and not as easily offended, thank goodness.

Yes it is a private server and yes they can run it anyway they see fit. In the same vein, I don’t have to play there and not sure why anyone would. Far too many admins kicking and banning for the dumbest of reasons. But that is just me. I am not PC.

• @lemonater47:

He sorta does have an issue with them in how they go around using their powers. Or at least what it looks like to him. We may never know what actually goes on without photo evidence from both sides.

They also don’t seem to display any rules. It says on their steam group page you have to contact certain people and ask about the rules lol. Becuase that’s not shady at all.

Going through their steam discussions they do seem to try and be good admins and they have standards. So chances are most of them would actually be alright. They aren’t too fond of swearing but it seems they know it would be impossible to realistically force that. If they had their rules displayed openly to all it would clear up a lot of things. Though you may find some clan centric rules which may have led to what the OP is saying happening.

Though once again clan servers are clan servers and torn banner can’t really do much. Can’t choose the admins.

Our rules can be seen as you join the server in the pop up display.

• @Orphan:

Our rules can be seen as you join the server in the pop up display.

Well then people have all the time in the world to read them. Still it would be good to have them around somewhere else.

• You have to manually close it…

• I do like the sound of Fight club server , a well oiled ,well supervised server. Due to my location grumble grumble
    its time for me to hire Fight club that movie. The euro pub servers could do with some of the Fight club supervision
    tbh…

• @Orphan:

You have to manually close it…

Which is something you can do before it even loads.

• Lemon you have over 1/3 of the posts in this thread - I thought you gave up trolling after being made a moderator?

Retsnom if you spout racism on a private server what do you expect?

Fight club has been around a long time, and it is decent because of a low ping in north america.

Never had a problem with admins, not to say there arent a couple of dicks.