New server need some help if you want :)

• Hey people, Me and a friend of mine has started a server this is what we already did in configuration file.

Name of the server: Balloon Party
    Perspective: First and third person allowed
    teamdamage precentage: 0.40 (I guess that is less stressing when you get teamhit)
    vote precentage to get kicked: 65%
    Autobalance: enabled
    Ping limit: 200
    Rank limit: None (if you suggest a limit we can consider it)
    Archer limit: 8
    and it is teamobjective server for now (we think of changing it often between ffa, TD and TO)
    it is a server for 36 players.

Now was my question for you that has experience with hosting servers: How do you add a mod into it like the black knight mod?

**Because we think of making it more a Black knight mod server instead of a server without mod.
    I hope you guys can help us out thank you!

• Black Knight Mod gets old real quick. It is kind of a one trick pony, after a couple of rounds I am good not to play it again for a few months if ever again. That said, if you are going to run a legit server, 100% team damage is the only way to go to get rid of the TKrs. But you should make the vote % from 55% to 65% which prevents server kidnapping also increase the time between votes as this will limit vote spamming. I would also reduce the high ping kicker, if you actually have one to 125 ping max. 24 is the best player size and you should limit archer to 3 per side, 32+ player servers tend to be a lag fest, 3-4 archers max. 8 archers is no limit at all. 3rd person simply sucks and there is really no reason to enable it.

• Thank you.

• @Retsnom:

Black Knight Mod gets old real quick. It is kind of a one trick pony, after a couple of rounds I am good not to play it again for a few months if ever again. That said, if you are going to run a legit server, 100% team damage is the only way to go to get rid of the TKrs. But you should make the vote % from 55% to 65% which prevents server kidnapping also increase the time between votes as this will limit vote spamming. I would also reduce the high ping kicker, if you actually have one to 125 ping max. 24 is the best player size and you should limit archer to 3 per side, 32+ player servers tend to be a lag fest, 3-4 archers max. 8 archers is no limit at all. 3rd person simply sucks and there is really no reason to enable it.

There are some opinions here, I respect them but I’m not going to discuss them. We got this server from simrai.com and I have already someone in my friendlist who works at simrai and inspect the servers on diffrent games to check if the server runs good. Now he told me a lot more about servers and what you need for chivalry to host a server that chivalry more likely run smooth on, I think l guess people who play on 32+ servers and lag have not a pc that handles that much players in 1 server.

The rest you put down makes sense to me. 125 ping max I think 150 would be reasonable, but thanks for the input
    3 a 4 archers a side would be more than perfect.
    And the 100% team damage also gonna change that.
    And I need to increase time to vote so that the votekick spammers cannot spam anymore

Thank you for the input.

• @Retsnom:

also increase the time between votes as this will limit vote spamming.

I don’t know how to do that. Also reduced archer limit to 6, only what you say about 3 per team I don’t know if that goes automaticly or I need to configure that. First time I am the owner of a server thats why I am such a noob.

• The archer limit is the limit per team. So an archer limit of 6 will mean 6 per team.

• @lemonater47:

The archer limit is the limit per team. So an archer limit of 6 will mean 6 per team.

Thank you!