Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior Patch 5 BETA

• Developer

Note: OS X and Linux builds aren’t up yet

• Large DW update. Merged most shared code changes from MW into DW, as well as all engine code changes. Now that MW and DW are mostly matched up, new bug fixes in MW that affect shared code are easier to bring over.

• This includes many optimizations and bug fixes that you’ve already seen in MW, too many to list.
      • This is probably going to cause some new and exciting bugs and will need a good amount of testing!
    • (Gameplay balance-related changes in shared code, unless explicitly mentioned, have for the most part not been pulled in)

Other changes

More changes to come.

• Is this real life? I’ll have to try DW when this patch goes live.
    Will CftP be possible and the bubbles be smaller as well?

• DW bubble was 50% smaller than old MW bubble. So they are pretty much the same size now.

And that Blunderbuss/molotov video is hilarious.

• Bring CFtP and parry after parry DW will be quite ok tbh

• @Bladek:

Bring CFtP and parry after parry DW will be quite ok tbh

If not cftp, parry into parry is REQUIRED… that’s a quality of life change that benefits everyone who wants to succeed against multiple opponents.

Cftp would be great as well, but I’d rather TBS add the base .4 second minimum windup to fast weapons for DW like in MW. If you ever need a reason why Torn Banner, take the knight with mace and heater shield, go into a server with a friend, instruct him to parry your attacks, and spam that stab key.

• edit: wrong thread

• Developer

Most or all of MW’s weapon code updates (aside from animation timing tweaks) have been pulled into DW. That includes CFTP. We’ll have to see how it goes, eh?

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Most or all of MW’s weapon code updates (aside from animation timing tweaks) have been pulled into DW. That includes CFTP. We’ll have to see how it goes, eh?

Exciting, can’t wait to give it a go.

• CftP in DW isn’t as useful though because the feint window in DW is so much shorter than MW’s. You simply don’t have as much time to do it, unless they changed that, too. And if that was changed, then I hope limited dragging was too and the bad blue/green/red tracer system was too.

• Holy fuck an actual patch to DW? A reason to play it again? It never made sense to leave so much potential abandoned like that, happy to see it being resurrected. I’ll be hopping on soon.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

1: You sound real canadian for once.
    2: That’s some nice changes you got there!
    3: Still no TO maps in DW? Could be fun using the 6 classes there instead ofthe 4 MW classes for a change, eh?

• Yeah if you’re gonna work on DW, then add TO and just port the MW maps over, that’ll be the best thing to happen to DW

• @SOC:

Yeah if you’re gonna work on DW, then add TO and just port the MW maps over, that’ll be the best thing to happen to DW

I could agree to this. The lack of balance or polish wouldn’t be a huge issue considering how poorly constructed 6 team LTS plays out anyway ;-)

• @Gauntlet:

I could agree to this. The lack of balance or polish wouldn’t be a huge issue considering how poorly constructed 6 team LTS plays out anyway ;-)

8 pirates, 6 spartans, 5 samurais, 5 vikings, 2 ninjas, and 1 knight sounds pretty fair to me.

• Am I seeing things? The first patch for a game that came out like a year ago? lol

• @Enigma:

Am I seeing things? The first patch for a game that came out like a year ago? lol

2 years ago almost exactly.

Also rather strange as to why they would call their first patch Patch 5.

• Configuration/keybindings screen is bugged. all text fields show “undefined” for me.

http://i.imgbox.com/uNBzVz5W.jpg

• This post is deleted!

• please add team objective to dealiest warrior.iam waiting 2 years for this

• this is really cool stuff! im gonna try deadliest warrior again