Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 44 BETA

• Developer

RC

• (Beta 1/2 issue) Fixed a listen server connection problem
    • Fixed some instances of non-localizing HUD markers (e.g. Stoneshill Stage 1/Mason “Pillage” marker)
    • Fixed some non-localizing text in duel mode (specifically “you have [joined/left] the pool”)

Beta 2

• Update Russian translation
    • Restored part of Italian translation that was lost in the last build
    • Fix: Warmup doesn’t count down when one team is occupied only by bots
    • Fix: battlecrying on level reset locks camera in place
    • Add fVoteTimeBetweenVotesFromAllPlayers server config option
    • Master volume setting affects intro videos
    • fix Cove “super loud cannon ball even when master volume is low” issue
    • Fix torch and oil pot unreliable decal spawn / decals fading despite player’s decal setting
    • toned down LOUD NOISES in colossueum
    • fix “server filter server, mapname, VAC and Locked filters are not saved”
    • deathspikes return to the colosseum!
    • server rejects invalid tertiary choices (e.g. Crossbow + Buckler)
    • (Beta 1 issue) fixed 3D pawn rotation in customization screen
    • (Beta 1 issue) “Listen server: clients may get stuck at MOTD screen with only the GUI PP effect”
    • (Beta 1 issue) Actually fix stickies being deniable by teammates for real this time

Localization changes

• New Russian translation. Thanks to Sergey Sukhodko! This is still a work-in-progress, let us know if there’s anything wrong or incomplete. More updates to come before the patch is released.
    • Updated Italian translation (thanks again, Matteo “Aragorn-Elessar97” Cangi!)
    • Updated French translation (thanks again, Nelson “Fitfit” Danloy!)
    • Fixed the fonts so Cyrillic characters no longer use a mix of glyphs from two different fonts
    • Fixed some spots where text from Russian and possibly other languages did not fit
    • Fixed non-translating Spectator button in Team Select
    • Merged in 360/PS3 European Spanish and German translations

Gameplay changes

• Making kicks better. It does a little sphere collision check at some set offset from the player pawn now. Elevation differences don’t seem to hurt it as they did before.

• Console commands to visualize:

• aoc_drawtracer 1

• aoc_drawkick 1

• Old logic:

• A) do a radius check around our pawn and gather all pawns that are within CONST_KICK_DIST ( = 212.0) from us
        • B) eliminate pawns that are further away than CONST_KICK_DIST_HORZ ( = 150.0)
        • C) eliminate pawns that are further (Z only) than CONST_KICK_MAX_Z ( = 50.0)
        • D) eliminate pawns that are more than CONST_KICK_ANGLE ( = 25.0) degrees away from the front of our pawn
        • (all pawn locations are the ​_the point at the very centre of the pawn_​)
    • Draft bonus changed to 1.2x from 1.32x

• makes MAA speed 332 and a chasing knight 363, as opposed to the current 403

Bug fixes and other additions

• Change the way catapult ‘click’ sound works to fix ‘fast clicks’
    • Have the GUI vignette setting actually change the config setting
    • Fixed an HTML Surface crash (affected Main Menu and Message of the Day)
    • Fixed some networking problems that may cause infinite loading screens for some small number of users
    • Fix MOTD screen getting stuck (with no “Close” button and no way out)
    • Fixed a common server crash
    • Possible fix for transition map trap bug
    • Not sure if helpful for the general public, BUT: a new “stat net” thing for shipping builds (that don’t have a stats thread)
    • Config file round time overrides can’t themselves be overridden by the map
    • Make config round time overrides per-mode instead of global
    • Fix: drafting pawns that aren’t sprinting (or even necessarily moving)
    • Fix: Throwables sitting on the ground should not be ‘deniable’ by teammates
    • Fix: “Listen server host crashes when quitting from a LAN game with other users”
    • Fix: Server Filter - Perspective changes to 3rd Person each time the Server Page is entered.
    • Fix: “pavise shield being exploitable to reach higher levels rather than destroying itself”
    • Fix: Customization window has Janky helmet position until you select a new helmet
    • Fix: If the last player of a team leaves the match the LTS Map does not progress after the teams have been repopulated and balanced
    • Fix: Loadout screen, exploit “next weapon” gamepad button to select incorrect tertiary for archer
    • Fix: “Player names not appearing on scoreboard” (FFA issue)
    • Fix: “sticky players” problem when jumping and colliding
    • Support for shield UGC
    • Player packet loss and idle time now show in the Player List, and the numbers in the player list update in real-time
    • Tavern variant with weapons now included, AOCFFA-TavernWeapons_p

• Bam, that right there is a lot if fixes. Lovely looking patch.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

I must be dreaming. This patch sounds so good.

• i hope you can still jump over kicks with this change, otherwise kick caveman meta is gonna be reeeal stronk =/

• Damn, some nice changes in this patch.

• Is this real life?

Edit: Also loving the images and videos along the notes!

• A real patch for once, good job!
    I’m just scared of how OP kicks will/might be, maybe removing the stamina drain and damage that they do would balance it.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Bug fixes and other additions

• Change the way catapult ‘click’ sound works to fix ‘fast clicks’

This is it, ladies. This is the patch where the impossible happens.

• I switched computers over a few hours ago but this must be the wrong website ? wth

• Really nice patch guys! I have a question: when will you update achievments languages? Thank you in advance :)

• Wait, so team mates can now pick up each others throwables?

• Developer

@Pilgore:

Wait, so team mates can now pick up each others throwables?

Nothing happens if you run over a teammate’s throwable, rather than you making it disappear as before.

• goood shit

• @dudeface:

Call SoC!

Anyway, amazing patch!

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Nothing happens if you run over a teammate’s throwable, rather than you making it disappear as before.

Oh wow I never actually realized that, well….errr…good that it’s fixed then! ;)

• @dudeface:

Holy shit!

• Hi again TBS, I checked my work using chivalry patch testing app, I noticed that some words I translated are still in English, please fix it before the update goes live. :)

• Developer

@Aragorn-Elessar97:

Hi again TBS, I checked my work using chivalry patch testing app, I noticed that some words I translated are still in English, please fix it before the update goes live. :)

I’ll look into this. Do you have an example?

• @CrustaceanSoup:

I’ll look into this. Do you have an example?

yes, I have. If you start playing in a server and press “esc” you will open the in-game menu, here you can see that Map Vote and Player List are in English, then another one: in the main menu, click “unisciti alla partita” (join game) and when you get into the server browser you can see some words in English, also in the configuration (configurazione) menu you can still see: cancel, save and some others.

EDIT more examples: in the main menu you can see “community” instead of “Comunità”, some words also in the duel mode are still English (e.g. when you press TAB you can see “Duel Mode” instead of “Modalità Duello”)

Thank you :)

• fix belmez spawns please.

also maps aren’t starting properly with bot teams, so how can we test anything properly?