T.O. strategies.

• I’ve learned a few basic strategies for Team Objective battles, and would like to hear comments or opinions.
    First and foremost, the point is to complete the objective…not rack up kills. Sounds obvious, but sometimes we all forget that.
    Running up to the objective by yourself is mostly a waste of manpower. Wait for your team, at least one other, anyway. When I come out of spawn alone I like to either sneak up to a good vantage point or just loiter barely in view of the objective until I can join team members. Sometimes I can entice opponents away, and kill them one on one.
    As a fairly high level player, my job is to harrass the enemies best players. Even if I die a lot, by keeping their best away from the objective it gives MY team a little advantage.
    Personally, when I’m on the offense I prefer mobility over durability. Hit and run. Defending an objective I like a shield and armor…the Heavy Flail loadout is one of my favorites.
    Archers matter a lot. Protect yours, and focus on thiers. Smoke 'em, burn 'em, whatever you can do to keep them from the main battle…
    Use your microphone, or voice commands. Work as a team instead of a mob.
    Comments? Insights?

• I hesitate to give away my best strategy, but one specific plan I have sort of contradicts the good advice you give here. As the attackers on the last phase of the Dark Forest, rushing out from your spawn right away, crossing the river and heading left around the wall will almost always let you reach a totally unguarded point C. The other team usually seems to suspect you’ll go for the ones towards the front of their base first, so you’ll have time to either break down C’s gate completely or at least put a good chunk into the objective that’s closest to the defenders’ spawn.

• @conmon_the_archer:

I hesitate to give away my best strategy, but one specific plan I have sort of contradicts the good advice you give here. As the attackers on the last phase of the Dark Forest, rushing out from your spawn right away, crossing the river and heading left around the wall will almost always let you reach a totally unguarded point C. The other team usually seems to suspect you’ll go for the ones towards the front of their base first, so you’ll have time to either break down C’s gate completely or at least put a good chunk into the objective that’s closest to the defenders’ spawn.

I do that 90% of the time when attacking in Dark Forest.

• Question though about Dark Forest attacking. Does the weapon you use matter when destroying the barriers? Do weapon strikes matter more than their damage dealing?

• True, that is good strategic technique for that one. But instead of just “C”, I sometimes will stop and give a whack or two at “B” just to keep enemies moving. But when it’s down to just one objective, gang rush is the way to go.
    Often wonder myself if one heavy bash with primary is better than several little pokes with secondary.

• Also, going far left on C…stay far left instead of next to wood wall. They can sometimes see you coming through gaps in fence.

• On the same battlefield, defense archers are extremely effective on the catwalks. If you’re on the attacking side, bomb the hell out of them with the catapults…
    It’s sometimes effective to split up when burning and pillaging the town, but a main strike force going up the center street keeps enemies occupied.

• @Gnarlydude:

On the same battlefield, defense archers are extremely effective on the catwalks. If you’re on the attacking side, bomb the hell out of them with the catapults…
    It’s sometimes effective to split up when burning and pillaging the town, but a main strike force going up the center street keeps enemies occupied.

Most definitely. I like to sometimes focus on killing just the peasants or burn buildings as a lone wolf to distract enemies while the main force swamps the middle. Or if my guys need help, throw a friendly oil pot or knife barrage into the enemy. If anything, I’ll serve as the distraction maa.

• @Gnarlydude:

I’ve learned a few basic strategies for Team Objective battles, and would like to hear comments or opinions.
    First and foremost, the point is to complete the objective…not rack up kills. Sounds obvious, but sometimes we all forget that.
    Running up to the objective by yourself is mostly a waste of manpower. Wait for your team, at least one other, anyway. When I come out of spawn alone I like to either sneak up to a good vantage point or just loiter barely in view of the objective until I can join team members. Sometimes I can entice opponents away, and kill them one on one.
    As a fairly high level player, my job is to harrass the enemies best players. Even if I die a lot, by keeping their best away from the objective it gives MY team a little advantage.
    Personally, when I’m on the offense I prefer mobility over durability. Hit and run. Defending an objective I like a shield and armor…the Heavy Flail loadout is one of my favorites.
    Archers matter a lot. Protect yours, and focus on thiers. Smoke 'em, burn 'em, whatever you can do to keep them from the main battle…
    Use your microphone, or voice commands. Work as a team instead of a mob.
    Comments? Insights?

I need to learn the flail weapons more.

• @conmon_the_archer:

I hesitate to give away my best strategy, but one specific plan I have sort of contradicts the good advice you give here. As the attackers on the last phase of the Dark Forest, rushing out from your spawn right away, crossing the river and heading left around the wall will almost always let you reach a totally unguarded point C. The other team usually seems to suspect you’ll go for the ones towards the front of their base first, so you’ll have time to either break down C’s gate completely or at least put a good chunk into the objective that’s closest to the defenders’ spawn.

You guys must be playing in Pub TO matches. In competitive scrimmages and clan wars it doesn’t always work like that. Hate to diss anyone strategies but it simply doesn’t work in competitive play. If they are a smart team they will have an archer nearby and a MAA scouting to see the enemy teams movements.

• @Firecracker999:

You guys must be playing in Pub TO matches. In competitive scrimmages and clan wars it doesn’t always work like that. Hate to diss anyone strategies but it simply doesn’t work in competitive play. If they are a smart team they will have an archer nearby and a MAA scouting to see the enemy teams movements.

I loved our TO matches last night. Twas fun. I need to learn more competitive strategies.

• I find killing the enemy team helps in T.O, just a thought

• ya guys know nothing about dank forest lmao

• Harold and boot strengthen their collar.

• @King:

Harold and boot strengthen their collar.

This is why I like the English. Always staying classy and suave.

• @RetractedBoot:

ya guys know nothing about dank forest lmao

I hope your not talking about everyone m8

• heheheheheheh.

inb4 chall0ng3 6 duel

• @King:

heheheheheheh.

inb4 chall0ng3 6 duel

Translation?

• In before challenge to duel.

• @Firecracker999:

I hope your not talking about everyone m8

I do want you to tell me what you know actually… I most likely will know it already.