Voice chat question

• First off, loving the game.

Quick question about voice chat. Is it team only or can the other team hear it as well? And if so, is it limited to a certain range? Thanks.

• At current, I believe voice chat can be heard by both teams. Major improvements to voice chat will be coming in the near future, and hopefully server side team-only voice will be part of that.

• @SlyGoat:

At current, I believe voice chat can be heard by both teams. Major improvements to voice chat will be coming in the near future, and hopefully server side team-only voice will be part of that.

Hopefully you will still be able to use voice chat to the other team or else it would feel very non-feature like.

Whats more fun than talking trash to your opponent while you fight them in game.

I got into a 1v1 situation in LTS and my opponent was running so I started calling him a pussy in voice chat, along with other people on my team that joined in on saying it and then my opponent ran at me and died. It was all in good fun though, I think other people found it funny too.

If you have played a game vs someone in person where you talk to them at the same time, its a lot of fun. If voice chat can do this, then you have captured that element and the game gets several times more fun.

If they put in a mute feature for specific players, then people could use that to not talk to people they don’t want to hear. So all is fixed.

If you have played L4D with all talk on, you might see what I am saying. Like if you pounce someone as a hunter and then start talking to them with either casual convo or dirty comments, its fun and often the other person participates as well.

Left 4 Dead purely survives on voice chat imo, otherwise it would suck so bad.
    This game is already great, so getting the voice chat fixed up with ability to chat to both teams would be a huge compliment.

• Oh, I agree. I like alltalk servers more myself. I’m just saying a serverside option for team-only voice would be useful.

• @SlyGoat:

Oh, I agree. I like alltalk servers more myself. I’m just saying a serverside option for team-only voice would be useful.

Sure. I made a suggestion thread but the main idea of my thread is to ask for working on voice chat to not be overlooked at all because I think it can be a big booster for the game.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3705&p=27851#p27851

• Thanks for the replies. I wanted to know because in those Last Team Standing rounds and there’s only 1 guy left on the enemy team, it would be nice to arrange for that person to go down in an honorable way and face the other team in a 1v1 gauntlet. :)

• @Kevko:

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to know because in those Last Team Standing rounds and there’s only 1 guy left on the enemy team, it would be nice to arrange for that person to go down in an honorable way and face the other team in a 1v1 gauntlet. :)

With fists only, right?