Royal Family + Peasants need NEW models

• It kinda breaks the immersion to have all the different civilian character look all the same. More Model variety would really help to make the objective mode even more brutal and original.

Right now they all look like placeholders = Not good.

I really want to feel like I’m murdering a queen and her servants, or that I’m pillaging a real village with villagers that are more believable than bald clone.
    The TO objective a lot about immersion and medieval objectives, that’s the objective of the mod : have a believable, medieval goal.

I hope they will add more variety to those generic models. More to add?

• @akarnir:

It kinda breaks the immersion to have all the different civilian character look all the same. More Model variety would really help to make the objective mode even more brutal and original.

Right now they all look like placeholders = Not good.

I really want to feel like I’m murdering a queen and her servants, or that I’m pillaging a real village with villagers that are more believable than bald clone.
    The TO objective a lot about immersion and medieval objectives, that’s the objective of the mod : have a believable, medieval goal.

I hope they will add more variety to those generic models. More to add?

Your points on immersion are certainly valid Akarnir, killing different type of peasants/royalty would be immersive and fun, but Torn Banner is an indie development team with 15 members; as much as I am sure they have thought about it, they’ve had to prioritise the work load. Making such suggested assets such as the queen would take time to model, texture, rig and create new sounds for, but who knows what the future brings!

• 15 members?

They are THAT BIG?

I thought they had 4-5 people!

Holy shit…no excuse now.

• Its still small compared to the big teams with 100-200 people

• @Mkilbride:

15 members?

They are THAT BIG?

I thought they had 4-5 people!

Holy shit…no excuse now.

Remember the team has lots of different roles in it, 15 or 5, not all of them are character creators :P

• 15 is alot.

6 people made NS2, and that includes creating an Engine from scratch and paying all the fee’s along with it. Just saying.

• Developer

NS2 is also coming out 10 years after the first NS. We switched to a new engine and made Chivalry in just over 2 years. Admittedly if we did it again we could do it faster and better, but I don’t think its fair to just straight out compare development of projects like that, there are a ton of factors and complications.

• THey also switched to a new Engine in 2008.

Granted, they have been working on it long, but still, just saying that in response to the person saying 15 isn’t alot.

Alot smaller studios have done more, is all.

Not trying to insult you.

• @Tibberius:

NS2 is also coming out 10 years after the first NS. We switched to a new engine and made Chivalry in just over 2 years. Admittedly if we did it again we could do it faster and better, but I don’t think its fair to just straight out compare development of projects like that, there are a ton of factors and complications.

Yeah that’s what’s impressive. I’m still wondering how you guys pull that feat. I guess it’s what they call Talent. So yeah, you have Talent.

@Scorp:

Your points on immersion are certainly valid Akarnir, killing different type of peasants/royalty would be immersive and fun, but Torn Banner is an indie development team with 15 members; as much as I am sure they have thought about it, they’ve had to prioritise the work load. Making such suggested assets such as the queen would take time to model, texture, rig and create new sounds for, but who knows what the future brings!

I see that argument a lot, for this game and other games, even big game. That’s not for us to judge that. What differentiate Great games (what will become classic) from good games is that GREAT games ‘‘defy’’ this kind of logic and pull out complete games with an attention over all details, regardless of size of studios.
    So I believe it’s up to Thorn Banner. It’s good to point out flaws, and see if they are up to fix it.
    This

• 15 man team is still hella small for a game using Unreal Engine, as well as having such detailed graphics with deep gameplay. This game looks like it’s been made with at least a 50 man team, half of them solely working on the graphics.

• Maybe the loyalty dress like rich family and make the female model. :P