Trying to run server with multiple mods

• Hi all,

As explained in the other thread on this forum it should apparently be possible to run multiple mods on a server. I’m not talking about combining mods together, but specifying which map runs which mod.

I’d like for StarWars maps to run LASERSWORDS mod and maps like Volcano or FallToYourDeath running the Super Chivalry Brothers mod, the rest of the maps I want to have BlackKnight or Giantslayers mod.

Here is my maplist in PCServer-UDKGame.ini which I am currently testing it with. (Will add more maps when it works)
    Note that the maps work perfectly, just the mods don’t get activated. Also not testing with BlackKnight, because it was said in the other thread that it doesn’t work.

Maplist=AOCFFA-Arena3_p
    Maplist=AOCFFA-DueloftheFatesV2?modname=LASERSWORD
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Volcano_p?modname=SCBMod
    Maplist=AOCFFA-RedWedding?modname=Giantslayers

Here is the .bat file which I use to start up the server:

CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\Binaries\Win32"
    UDKLogging.exe server AOCFFA-Arena3_P?steamsockets -seekfreeloadingserver -log=log\log.log

I can run a single mod from the .bat file, but I have to restart the server everytime I want to change mods.
    Is there anyone who got this to work or has an idea about how this should work?

• I have managed to make it work. After some testing, I’ve found out you can change the mods with the following command

admin servertravel AOCFFA-Volcano_p?modname=SCBMod

The map and mod are just an example.

The ?modname="…" in maplist works, but when you change the map by votemap it breaks (that’s how I was testing if it worked and why it never seemed to work)

When I use the command aoc_endgame (which forces the game to end), the map changes and the specified mod from the maplist gets used! Problem solved, I just have to turn off votemap though.

• I found using the ?modname in the maplist to be pretty unreliable. If you do a votemap it should carry the same mod going forward, but I think if you vote in a map with a different mode it might break? (e.g. going from TO to FFA). Not entirely sure.

Also be careful with servertravel, if you typo your mapname you will get the server stuck :P

I found it too frustrating to try and run a multi-mod server though.

• Yeah it was pretty infuriating getting it to work but it was worth it, spent the whole day configuring it but me and my mates had a blast playing all night.:joyous:
    Server was running perfectly and didn’t bug once, here’s the maplist:

Maplist=AOCFFA-Arena3_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCLTS-RandomWeapon_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=TO2-CursedMoor_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Ironbridge_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCFFA-TATOOINEVERSION1?modname=LaserSword
    Maplist=AOCFFA-DueloftheFatesV2?modname=LaserSword
    Maplist=AOCFFA-STARWARSEP6THRONEROOM?modname=LaserSword
    Maplist=AOCFFA-DuelYard_dusk_p?modname=War
    Maplist=AOCFFA-DuelYard_p?modname=War
    Maplist=AOCFFA-KOTORIITRAYUSCOREV2?modname=LaserSword
    Maplist=AOCFFA-RedWedding?modname=Giantslayers
    Maplist=AOCFFA-isola7_p?modname=Giantslayers
    Maplist=AOCLTS-Dungeon_P?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Arena4pit_p?modname=Giantslayers
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Volcano_p?modname=SCBMod
    Maplist=AOCLTS-Belmez_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCTO-Belmez_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCLTS-MalricManor?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCTO-MalricManor?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCFFA-LavaGrotto_p?modname=Giantslayers
    Maplist=AOCLTS-SurtrArena_4_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Colosseum_p?modname=Giantslayers
    Maplist=AOCTD-ColosseumPendulum_p?modname=Giantslayers
    Maplist=AOCFFA-THE_LAST_BATTLE_p?modname=Giantslayers
    Maplist=AOCFFA-cyberarena?modname=LaserSword
    Maplist=AOCTO-DeathValley_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCTO-TheLegendOfChivalry?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCTO-bluehour_p?modname=Giantslayers
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Fourcorners_p?modname=SCBMod
    Maplist=AOCFFA-KOTORIIKORRIBANVERSION1?modname=LaserSword
    Maplist=AOCFFA-FallToYourDeathRocksT_p?modname=SCBmod
    Maplist=AOCFFA-FallToYourDeathRocks_p?modname=SCBMod
    Maplist=AOCFFA-MoorlandSnow_p?modname=Giantslayers
    Maplist=AOCTO-Bailey_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Joust?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=TO2-CursedManor_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCTO-HelmDeep?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Rust2beta_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCCTF-WinterIsComing?modname=Regicide
    Maplist=AOCFFA-BespinCarboniteChamber?modname=LaserSword
    Maplist=AOCFFA-BespinCarboniteChamber2?modname=LaserSword
    Maplist=AOCFFA-BespinDuel?modname=LaserSword
    Maplist=AOCFFA-MLGduels?modname=War
    Maplist=TO2-Horde_Sandcastle_p?modname=Giantslayers
    Maplist=AOCCTF-CastleVsCastle_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCFFA-FFA3JEDIACADEMY?modname=LaserSword
    Maplist=AOCTD-excalibur_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCFFA-MustafarV2?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCTO-Grail_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=TO2-CursedStoneshill_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCFFA-MinasTirith_p?modname=Giantslayers
    Maplist=AOCTO-MinasTirith_p?modname=Giantslayers
    Maplist=AOCDUEL-CB2_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCFFA-CastleBlack2_p?modname=Regicide
    Maplist=AOCFFA-CastleBlackSnow_p?modname=Regicide
    Maplist=AOCFFA-NavalWarfare_4h_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCFFA-NavalWarfare_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCTO-NavalWarfare_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=TO2-CursedRuins_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=AOCTO-Seaborn_p?modname=BlackKnight
    Maplist=MW-TestMap

One more thing that I would like to modify though is making the rotation random. I had to remove the obsolete versions of each map (LTS,TD,etc…) since it would play the same map 5 times in a row because of that. I only kept FFA for most maps since we usually play with about 5 to 10 people + whoever joins us via server list.

Any way to make it play the maps in a random order? It shouldn’t be too hard.

PS: Cheers devs for making this game, haven’t laughed my ass off like this at a game in a while.

• I tend to just ctrl-x and ctrl-v a few lines around to shuffle it up.

• That’s the one common thing about server hosters your rent from, I’ve noted for many years in this site plus other
    gaming sites, when players run into problems making or wanting a front end for a server these hosters never at
    actually say they have a working one or know how, If you look back at this site and others your will see the usual bs.
    Off course they don’t want you to figure it out or help you as you might end up as a customer for them.

Hosters advertising on this site even at its start actually had fully working frontends to make server changes
    or even mod changes in game but they like you to suffer for 100’s of hours or posts then tell you or help you.

The one above is very helpful compared to the other crass egg yellows I used to see on this site tbh.
    Endorsed by loin, ps did you get my sort code number ok mr R ;p

• @loin:

That’s the one common thing about server hosters your rent from, I’ve noted for many years in this site plus other
    gaming sites, when players run into problems making or wanting a front end for a server these hosters never at
    actually say they have a working one or know how, If you look back at this site and others your will see the usual bs.
    Off course they don’t want you to figure it out or help you as you might end up as a customer for them.

Hosters advertising on this site even at its start actually had fully working frontends to make server changes
    or even mod changes in game but they like you to suffer for 100’s of hours or posts then tell you or help you.

The one above is very helpful compared to the other crass egg yellows I used to see on this site tbh.
    Endorsed by loin, ps did you get my sort code number ok mr R ;p

I agree, I failed to say in my original post that Rai from SimRai helped us by telling us about the servertravel command. We contacted them through facebook and he responded in less than 5 minutes. I feel that credit is due and their service seems very friendly and professional. They have my endorsement, even though I am not a customer (yet?).