Update Overwrites Config Files

• We setup our server yesterday and ran an update today just to be sure all was well. After the update we noticed the /UDKGame/Config/PCServer-UDKGame.ini and /UDKGame/Config/PCServer-UDKEngine.ini were overwritten. The (lacking) documentation that was included with the dedicated server files indicated these as the primary files to make our changes to. Is there a way to keep them from being overwritten or are there separate files we should edit that are safe?

• When was the last time you updated your server files?
    In any case, that was a mistake in our server file creation process and will be rectified the next time we make a patch.

• @b3h47pte:

When was the last time you updated your server files?
    In any case, that was a mistake in our server file creation process and will be rectified the next time we make a patch.

I downloaded a fresh install yesterday morning and then ran the update this morning, both using steamcmd. Those were the only two files I focused on as they are what’s mentioned in the documentation and what worked for me. There may have been others overwritten as well but these are the only ones that matter. It was just a matter of replacing the server name and re-adding the AdminPassword setting but that could be a pain if updating a large amount of servers.

• Ah I see. Just identified the problem
    PCServer-UDKEngine.ini and PCSErver-UDKDGame.ini won’t be grabbed by steam anymore :)

• Thank you for the fast resolution of this matter. Not only is this an awesome game but the staff are just as impressive :)