Clan Cosmetics

• Now this has been disgussed before in the unlockable cosmetic section, mainly by me. Just because I’ve wanted this since about 1.1 of Aoc in like 2008.

So I’ve pressed it a little bit further and really thought about a few games that do similar things and I even knocked up an example piece.

So my conclusion was, it would be great if there were say 4 perameters the user could choose.

1. An Emblem/Logo.
    I suppose there would be a bunch of pre defined ones (perhaps this would be easiest) but maybe also the option to upload a jpeg, but then this would have to be policed and things get tricky.

2. A shield pattern.
    Think of this as a border around the outside of a shield.

3. Branding of the shield.
    The ability to add letters or initials to a shield.

4. The colour of the shield.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x278 … Shield.png

So if you look at that picture you can see we have the 4 perameters here. I believe its best if the shape of the shield is left as they are because from my limited knowledge of programming this would make things a lot easier.

This is just a quick example but the sword, could be say a cross, or a half moon, or a lion. That sorta stuff.

I sooooo want this feature!

• i agree, and policing it wouldn’t be hard, just have an admin on the server to warn/kick people because of them having stupid heraldry

• puts down large penis-shaped banner with a sigh

• see? it’s already working

• Counter-Strike: Medieval Warfare

/support

• What could be implememted is an officialy recognised clan banners. Designed by the clan with and with a system that only members can wear the graphics. This could easily be policed, recognised e.t.c by the League Council or whatever it is we end up with. This would lead to possibly an extra incentive for the newer clans to really get going and get officialy recognised, it could have some simple requirements, team size, number of matches played, number of tourneys competed in e.t.c. I think this would really help the clan community and encourage the public to get involved as they are charged down by a Knight sporting a flashy shield logo, and go “I want that”.

• they’ll be so mesmerized by the logo they won’t even fight back, making killing them even easier, i like the idea of that :D

• It could be impelmented, it’s a little more work for the coding team, but it is possible. They could even run it by the Steam Group for a steam_ID check. And it could be sorted by what will basically be community leaders.

• Yeah I think the clan banner system is also the other most obvious option, I mean at the end of the day its all down to whether the developers are going to value clan customisation in the game and believe that its worth spending precious time on.

Like you say these features would encourage people to join and form clans, who knows you could even get full clans from various other games transferring over to this game, (I’m now refusing to mention the game you know i’m talking about on these forums).

• TL;DR

As long as it don’t involve anyone running around in pink armor or such.

• Win a Torn Banner sponsored tournament -> unlock the ability to use your own (approved by the team) custom banner for your clan.

• @SlyGoat:

Win a Torn Banner sponsored tournament -> unlock the ability to use your own (approved by the team) custom banner for your clan.

If it’s going to be implemented, it should really be availailable to more clans than just the best two or three. I suggest that normal players can pick a banner from a premade list, without allowing them to put in their own banners (way too much work to police properly, and most of the banners will probably be of poor quality), and members of recognised clans can use their clan heraldry. The requirements for being recognised should be achievable for any clan with even the remotest sense of organisation, such as having at least 4 members during a period of at least two weeks, or something like that.

Of course, this is all secondary. It would be great if it makes it into the game, but I wouldn’t be too upset if it doesn’t. Basic functionality comes first.

• @TheNarrator:

Of course, this is all secondary. It would be great if it makes it into the game, but I wouldn’t be too upset if it doesn’t. Basic functionality comes first.

Your priorities are askew. I would gladly sacrifice a working parry system for customized clan banners. Also, horses.

• @Mike:

@TheNarrator:

Your priorities are askew. I would gladly sacrifice a working parry system for customized clan banners. Also, horses.

Mounted combat belongs in M&B Not in chiv.

• @Mike:

@TheNarrator:

You’re right, of course. But I demand eye color customization then as well.

• I would love to have guild heraldry. But also would like to have predefined colors and logos. Also maybe have a guild ranking system. The higher the guild points the more unlocks the guild gets. Adds a challenge and teamwork.

• I am in favor of clan heraldry within the game. I agree that it would inspire players to form clans however I would ask that it is restricted so that Clans must make a commitment to their teams and the game itself before gaining this ability. If it is too easily available it becomes pointless and over used and does not reflect the commitment of the clan to the games. I think clan heraldry is the perfect way of rewarding clans for supporting the community and inspiring others to form their own clans.

I will admit however that my opinion can be viewed as elitist as I feel that Vq., Kotrt , EYE, BS, PGP, KV are examples or clans that have formed an important part of the game, i.e. running servers and tournaments, introducing players to the game training them etc. Clan heraldry that reflects this is the perfect way to reward these clans and as such allowing any group of 4 random players to make a unique banner whatever would cheapen this effect.

Another positive aspect of making it more exclusive or harder to acquire would be that it would require a greater deal of commitment from the players which would in turn positively effect the environment of the game. More clans playing together for a longer period of time more matches bigger leagues etc etc.

• @Sir:

I am in favor of clan heraldry within the game. I agree that it would inspire players to form clans however I would ask that it is restricted so that Clans must make a commitment to their teams and the game itself before gaining this ability. If it is too easily available it becomes pointless and over used and does not reflect the commitment of the clan to the games. I think clan heraldry is the perfect way of rewarding clans for supporting the community and inspiring others to form their own clans.

This is why I think it should be exclusive to clans that win a tournament, or if that’s too restrictive, at least clans who participate in a tournament.

• As I said above, I think it should be down to a community council decision, so that clans have to make an official application to the group that runs the community and the decision is made from there. This would add a human element to the decision, and as such would make the hereldry exclusive without being unatainable.

• @PsychoAlex:

As I said above, I think it should be down to a community council decision, so that clans have to make an official application to the group that runs the community and the decision is made from there. This would add a human element to the decision, and as such would make the hereldry exclusive without being unatainable.

Community council made up of what, all the former BS, Vq, PGP, etc. players? ;)

I think it should be on the devs. It feels too elitist if you have to put your clan under some kind of peer review to be approved.