Experiencing weird situation when connecting to a server, need help.

• Basically, every time I connect to a server , I play normally, and after ~5 seconds, I get timed out. What I specifically experience is player models stuck in a running animation, drifting, while I cannot sprint and endlesly attack without getting drained. I can no longer play chivalry. Need your help.

• me too, i play this game for years and never run into this , this week it has become almost unplayable, especially yesterday .
    My connection is fine but after a few seconds player models stuck in a running animation ; i hear the voice commands they perform and the kills are displayed in top right corner . After some 20 seconds or so i get timed out or is back to normal only to experience the same thing again after a minute or so . If someone kills me i die two times, one time by him and the second death is displayed as a team kill by me …all kind of weird shit . I experienced this all week but at some point somehow it was over and i could play but in the last two days it has become simply unplayable .
    LE : Just tried it again, same shit - i play a minute and it begins , fucking hell

• And apparently noone cares enough to help…

• Hey if I knew a solution I would tell you right away. :P

Have you tried playing in 32-bit mode? (right click Chiv in steam to get that option)

• i think the problem lies with us , for a test i switched the connection to a usb stick with internet connection provided by a phone company and the game runs fine- i had 90-100 ping but no issues, while my fiber connection had ping 50 and it caused the problem described, it is something that has to do with my rooter i guess or the internet provider because i get disconnected from other game i play online . i check my connection and it looks ok but it seems that it’s not, it’s like a spike not shown on a internet speed-test . This week it worked more or less fine, only two times it happened , i had to quit the game and find some other thing to do .

• rooter? yeah never experienced, timeouts have to be an issue on your side (I had firewall issues once which was a timeout issue).

• if you’re running speedtest, run pingtest instead - then you can see if you’re getting packet loss badly. Also, make sure you’re joining a server in your country

Weren’t the devs supposed to add a packet loss tracker to the scoreboard? I was looking for it last time I played and haven’t seen it - was one of the things I was looking forward to.

Also “rooter” - canadian, he must be

My rooter was facking up my internet canucktion, ey

• @50ShadesofClay:

if you’re running speedtest, run pingtest instead - then you can see if you’re getting packet loss badly. Also, make sure you’re joining a server in your country

Weren’t the devs supposed to add a packet loss tracker to the scoreboard? I was looking for it last time I played and haven’t seen it - was one of the things I was looking forward to.

Also “rooter” - canadian, he must be

My rooter was facking up my internet canucktion, ey

The packet loss tracker is in the menu where you vote kick players.

• Yeah there’s a bunch of new information in player list in the escape menu. Adding it to the scoreboard would clutter up the scoreboard.

• i have same problem, i have opened a thread in technical solution…but no answer for now!

• well at least add the packet loss info in the votekick window next to the ping …

• I’m experiencing the same issue. I can play the game for about 20 seconds and then without any kind of notification, the game seemingly loses connection and leaves me playing with a bunch of ghosts running into the wall constantly.

• I"m experiencing the same issue. The game just disconnects (without any notification) after 30 seconds and leaves me in a game full of ghosts running into walls

• These types of posts are beyond belief tbh. Do they even know drastic weather changes or servers switching over for
    a service or let alone a major news even can clog up the internet. Some day’s even this can happen lots so just
    take a day off tbh.

• @loin:

These types of posts are beyond belief tbh. Do they even know drastic weather changes or servers switching over for
    a service or let alone a major news even can clog up the internet. Some day’s even this can happen lots so just
    take a day off tbh.

it has been like this for about a week…… no problems with any other games