Can we get 1st person only servers that are not 100%FF?

• There are very few 1st person only servers and all of them 100%FF which turns them into frustrating team-killing fests unless they’re loaded with high ranks who actually watch what they’re doing.

So if you don’t feel like fighting 3rd person cheesers and being slaughtered by teammates you have no other options.

• The problem is that they’re for 32 players.

• All oceanic officials have been down for the last couple of days so everyone down here has been playing on first person only servers lol. Which don’t have 100% FF.

• In EU hardly anyone plays first person, and it’s really annoying. So many players with console-increased FOV run around attacking ‘hot and cold’ because of higher situational awareness, it totally changes the way people play.
    Also all EU public servers are 100% TD.
    edit - I’m 90% sure of that.

• Forced 1st person on official servers (or at least some of them, so there is an option…) would be awesome.

• @Dei:

Nah, 1st+3rd TO servers are 50% and 1st person only are 100%.

• @Dei:

In EU hardly anyone plays first person, and it’s really annoying. So many players with console-increased FOV run around attacking ‘hot and cold’ because of higher situational awareness, it totally changes the way people play.

Does that include Comp or what is left of it? If so then what a joke their comp scene is….

• @Retsnom:

Does that include Comp or what is left of it? If so then what a joke their comp scene is….

When I played comp EU, it was all 1p.

• @Retsnom:

Comp plays 1st person only, however in pubs there’s a fair number of people crutching on 3rd person because it’s much easier.

• Mod

My TO server is 1st person only, 50% FF and 24p if people were willing to make an effort to use it. Most people seem to want only official servers, though. I’m not sure why the high ping and lag of the officials is so enticing compared to my SimRai-hosted server in Amsterdam which gives good ping for most of Western EU. (Although I currently have archers disabled which seems to have upset more people that I expected, the min level is 24 at the time of writing and the auto-kick will also remove 150+ ping players.)

〘Ɓ〙Brotherhood Public TO [24p] 1stP NO archers 128tick

• @random428:

My TO server is 1st person only, 50% FF and 24p if people were willing to make an effort to use it. Most people seem to want only official servers, though. I’m not sure why the high ping and lag of the officials is so enticing compared to my SimRai-hosted server in Amsterdam which gives good ping for most of Western EU. (Although I currently have archers disabled which seems to have upset more people that I expected, the min level is 24 at the time of writing and the auto-kick will also remove 150+ ping players.)

〘Ɓ〙Brotherhood Public TO [24p] 1stP NO archers 128tick

This sounds nice, what maplist are you running?

I shall have to look out for it, try and get some games running.

• Mod

Sorry, Gndo, I missed your question before. The current maplist is very simple:

AOCTO-Darkforest_p
    AOCTO-Stoneshill_P
    AOCTO-Belmez-CM_p
    AOCTO-KingsGarden-CM_p
    AOCTO-Outpost_p
    AOCTO-Hillside_P
    AOCTO-Cove-CM_p
    AOCTO-DrunkenBazaar-CM_p
    AOCTO-Battlegrounds_v3_P
    AOCTO-CastleAssault-CM_P

I have also added a couple of workshop TO maps to the server so they are not in the rotation, but people can start a vote for them if they know the name. e.g. Dank Manor and Dark Forest Winter are available with the console commands:

votechangemap AOCTO-dankmanor_p
    votechangemap AOCTO-DarkforestWinter_p

I tried including workshop TO maps before but they can cause problems and make people drop out so I’m keeping them off the rotation. I would like to add more good custom TO maps to the server so they are available for console votes, though.

• Yeah oké but most of the servers running are from players just like you same as me I am running a server also and I think 3rd person can be allowed so I have it on true.

• Both my servers are 1st P and 100% team damage. Lets face it, it should have been set that way as default because anything less does not promote skill. 3rd P was a huge mistake for this game giving players a false sense of being good. There are a shit ton of 3rd person games. 1st makes this game unique and forces skill development in situational awareness and forcing players to be aware of teammates in 3D space. It is the same reason why motorcycle riders are far more aware when driving than car drivers cause you are always checking everything knowing some dumbass can get you killed. I am a far better car driver because of my motorcycle skills.

You can always take a skilled 1st P player and put them in 3rd P and they will still kick ass but switch that and force a 3rd P player play 1st P and they suck. It is all about the skill level.

• So you saying this game is only made to be skilled at it?? No it’s made to have a good time with others, so why bother about 3rd person? Then play on some first person servers…

• The official servers should all be first person only, while people have the option to turn on third by hosting their own servers.

• @Retsnom:

Well, in the EU atleast the comp scene consists of people that change clans every 2 weeks without any real allegiance or clan-identitiy, which is why some might not take it very seriously. Not to mention that there is no central organisation or any “important” tournaments like the NA region has them. On the upside you have to commend them for organizing everything themselves and holding scrims here and there.

• I’m running a mix of TO&FFA maps. Severer is rented thru nfo in Chicago. First Pov locked. 24 player. CASTLE ANTHRAX