Negative reviewers should be prosecuted

• Looking at some of the negative reviews, the ones 100’s of hours really need looking at.
    Esp 1000 hours plus. Imo these asshats should be viewed with a liable suit in mind.
    For example :
    2,550 of 3,011 people (85%) found this review helpful 118
    1 person found this review funny

Skl3ros
    143 products in account
    9 reviews

Not Recommended
    1,154.2 hrs on record

As a developer or admin that should be an area checked and in some cases removed.
    Why recently I read of companies getting compensated by negative reviewers.
    This pleb has blatently had his 1000 hours plus of game play and fun but
    then goes on to write some rubbish infecting over a 1000 players, at least.
    potential customers, Really TB remove such review and consider making it
    known if any liable is apparent you will be pursuing it further with posible
    court action.

Its quite acceptable in these days for reviewers to be accountable and responsible
    for there actions on mis informing reviews.

• I might add they should also be globally banned for ever on the off chance they think they can simply return to play
    as if nobody read such a scandalous review of liable. Just remove them from the hubs and game completely. If they
    write such a review with no basing or proof. Is he not banned yet and why not?

• That review is partial to true however. It’s not the usual dribble that makes up 95% of the rest of the negative reviews

• Everyone is entitled to their opinion, positive or otherwise.

• Well I disagree simply because of his hours played tbh. A player should know this kind of stuff after a 100 hours imo.
    not decide a 1000 hours later after they more than had value for money in a game for over a year. Infact that
    is saving money. do you know how much it costs to fill 1000 hours of enjoyment? be that going out dating, disco’s
    etc, clubbing or renting movies. Just on that alone you give the game credit were its due.

• Actually they are not. A lot of recent prosecutions for negative reviews have happened in the last year from movies
    to various things. A review should bear responsibility and not mislead or simply bs because of ones bad spell of games.

• In essence its like driving a new car off the car lot but reviewing it 2 years down the line way over due to be useful.

• I see you then added your comment to that review mr L. Your like a shadow tbh.
    clueless are you also? You have to consider your on the TB team now as a company admin.

On other steam hubs Admins plus developers delete reviews if they are not objective or tainted
    by some players with 1000’s of hours or not and rightly so. I would not imagine TB would want an Admin
    actually saying its not a bad review etc, perhaps your confused as to what your role is partially.
    Perhaps a more experienced Admin or a Developer can give your some pointers imo.

Reviews should be time limited to max 100 hours in game.
    In most games its plenty of time to get a good grounding and immersion in a game to write a review of use.
    500 hour negative reviews upwards are rather drab and not objective but infact biased. The hours alone can
    sway new buyers believing that reviewer of so many hour must be right? These reviewers often rage review
    after a bad spout or season of bad games or loses. Rather like the odd pleb who pops in to any thread to
    rage post it its on subject or not, fresh from a game on server.

The hours mentioned of a 100 hour limit are quite acceptable as its new players of there kind that are buying
    the game. Not crusty veterans of 500 hours.

• @loin:

blah blah

@loin:

blah blah

@loin:

blah blah

@loin:

blah blah

@loin:

blah blah

@loin:

blah blah

@loin:

blah blah

Who gives a rats ass what some player wrote 5 months ago. As for TBS admins/developers combing through the internet to find reviews to delete the ones they dont like from a player > 100 hours. I cant believe you have time to come up with such ludicrous ideas.

• Its only about steam. I don’t expect a pleb like you to care anyhow since all you do is swear at TB blatantly after
    some rage quit on the server. The only insanity is TB allowing you to still swear at them openly on this site tbh.
    Other developers check reviews and if you have ever written any reviews of which I doubt you would note they
    always say try to be objective before hand, that is for all sites not just steam.

• Personally .I think Iwould not put too much stock into a review from a person who plays a game for that long and then realists he wants to give it a bad review. I agree with some of the stuff he wrote sure, but if you dislike se so much to give it a bad review then maybe you should have quit long ago. If you spend that much time on anything, and the total experience is a negative, what a massive waste of time. Think of what you can do with over 1000 hours , in his case 1146 hours or a month and 2 weeks human time. I mean off course you are entitled to your opinion but think of how ridiculous it sounds if you apply it to anything else. If you asked someone who spent hours and hours playing guitar and you asked them how they liked it and then thy replied that they hated it ,naturally you would ask why the hell would you not quit 900 hours before? If you paid 20 bucks for anything that have your hundreds if hours if fun, for 20 bucks that’s a bargain.

like I said just my opinion but if after so much time the net result is negative, then you should have moved on long long ago.

• You can’t discount the possibility that the reviewer feels the devs ruined the game after a certain period of time. This is a fairly common thing on steam, due in large part to devs that start monetizing their games with DLC and other rubbish months or years after release.

• I have written a negative review before but after more time wrote a positive one but left a link to the old one.
    Reviews are monitored much more in recent years simply because they now know some shoppers won’t even
    buy a product unless its got good reviews. That is why more sites now have a report button for reviews.
    Why it could be other companies or developers making a negative review to coincide with some product launch
    in six months, as reviews take a while to sink in. Recently some company was being sue’d for making bogus
    negative reviews by way of fake buyers hehe who worked for them in fact.

These gamers really don’t appreciate how lenient TB is compared to other developers and the admins of the hubs.
    they quickly close down biased neg reviews plus posts. That kind of review would have been quickly removed.

• Pretty sure developers can’t actually remove reviews on Steam.

But now for a related tale of steam reviews, for Batman Arkham Knight:

The game was a complete mess. It still is. They tried to release some patches to fix it, which sort of half worked for half the problems. Thorough piece of crap port. After releasing the major patch, and admitting that they probably couldn’t fix the rest of the problems, they marked all the negative reviews “pre-release” (even though they were written after the game ‘officially’ released).

They removed the pre-release tag from the reviews the next day though, no doubt due to the negative backlash. Either way, it was very shady.

• @dudeface:

You can’t discount the possibility that the reviewer feels the devs ruined the game after a certain period of time. This is a fairly common thing on steam, due in large part to devs that start monetizing their games with DLC and other rubbish months or years after release.

Thats a fair point , but IMO TB has not done that, the DLC they sell isn’t pay to win and as much ad people disliked the cross overs they were also optional and purely cosmetic. Look at Payday 2, they introduced special drills you buy for actual money which gives players better weapons with better stats. If that is the sort of thing a dev does, then I’ll be the first person to pick up my pitch fork and torch.

Like everything in life,context is important,in this case that review coupled with the hours involved doesn’t carry much weight to me at least.

• @Oilystool:

Thats a fair point , but IMO TB has not done that, the DLC they sell isn’t pay to win and as much ad people disliked the cross overs they were also optional and purely cosmetic. Look at Payday 2, they introduced special drills you buy for actual money which gives players better weapons with better stats. If that is the sort of thing a dev does, then I’ll be the first person to pick up my pitch fork and torch.

Like everything in life,context is important,in this case that review coupled with the hours involved doesn’t carry much weight to me at least.

It doesn’t just have to be DLC. I’ve noticed that a bunch of smaller devs are starting to treat their released games like early alphas by implementing half fixes to work towards a goal instead of just finishing up a system and releasing it. NWI recently did this with Insurgency - They released a new UI element but admitted it wasn’t finished or actually any good and that it should be considered part of the games evolution. A game really shouldn’t be evolving much a year after launch and expect players to understand that broken changes are to be considered part of the games “evolution” if it isn’t in early access imo. I can see how this can disappoint players who have spent hundreds of hours playing a game.

• @loin:

Looking at some of the negative reviews, the ones 100’s of hours really need looking at.
    Esp 1000 hours plus. Imo these asshats should be viewed with a liable suit in mind.
    For example :
    2,550 of 3,011 people (85%) found this review helpful 118
    1 person found this review funny

Skl3ros
    143 products in account
    9 reviews

Not Recommended
    1,154.2 hrs on record

As a developer or admin that should be an area checked and in some cases removed.
    Why recently I read of companies getting compensated by negative reviewers.
    This pleb has blatently had his 1000 hours plus of game play and fun but
    then goes on to write some rubbish infecting over a 1000 players, at least.
    potential customers, Really TB remove such review and consider making it
    known if any liable is apparent you will be pursuing it further with posible
    court action.

Its quite acceptable in these days for reviewers to be accountable and responsible
    for there actions on mis informing reviews.

Not prosecuted, burned on a stake, Medieval style XD

• Freedom of speech.

That is all.

• ^^ banned.

• Did I not read briefly they refunded every buyer of the Batman game? Its not good taking the car back to the show room
    after 100,000 miles of 24/7 use to make a bad review is it. Freedom of liable is not the same tbh. They could remove his
    review it breaches the medieval code of conduct. Plebs get away with this rubbish, if it was a shop
    the management would come out to bop you on the nose, its because they are on line they think
    they can write such nasty reviews with no repercussions. Well the fact is they can’t , TB could
    within its rights globally ban him from the game for starters, after all why would the pleb
    want to keep returning to play this game after trying to corrupt 3000 players from it.
    Its quite likely a 1000 simply did not eve buy this game due to his bitter blatantly raged
    written review. Is the wood dry and where are the matches hehe