Negative reviewers should be prosecuted

• I have written a negative review before but after more time wrote a positive one but left a link to the old one.
    Reviews are monitored much more in recent years simply because they now know some shoppers won’t even
    buy a product unless its got good reviews. That is why more sites now have a report button for reviews.
    Why it could be other companies or developers making a negative review to coincide with some product launch
    in six months, as reviews take a while to sink in. Recently some company was being sue’d for making bogus
    negative reviews by way of fake buyers hehe who worked for them in fact.

These gamers really don’t appreciate how lenient TB is compared to other developers and the admins of the hubs.
    they quickly close down biased neg reviews plus posts. That kind of review would have been quickly removed.

• Pretty sure developers can’t actually remove reviews on Steam.

But now for a related tale of steam reviews, for Batman Arkham Knight:

The game was a complete mess. It still is. They tried to release some patches to fix it, which sort of half worked for half the problems. Thorough piece of crap port. After releasing the major patch, and admitting that they probably couldn’t fix the rest of the problems, they marked all the negative reviews “pre-release” (even though they were written after the game ‘officially’ released).

They removed the pre-release tag from the reviews the next day though, no doubt due to the negative backlash. Either way, it was very shady.

• @dudeface:

You can’t discount the possibility that the reviewer feels the devs ruined the game after a certain period of time. This is a fairly common thing on steam, due in large part to devs that start monetizing their games with DLC and other rubbish months or years after release.

Thats a fair point , but IMO TB has not done that, the DLC they sell isn’t pay to win and as much ad people disliked the cross overs they were also optional and purely cosmetic. Look at Payday 2, they introduced special drills you buy for actual money which gives players better weapons with better stats. If that is the sort of thing a dev does, then I’ll be the first person to pick up my pitch fork and torch.

Like everything in life,context is important,in this case that review coupled with the hours involved doesn’t carry much weight to me at least.

• @Oilystool:

Thats a fair point , but IMO TB has not done that, the DLC they sell isn’t pay to win and as much ad people disliked the cross overs they were also optional and purely cosmetic. Look at Payday 2, they introduced special drills you buy for actual money which gives players better weapons with better stats. If that is the sort of thing a dev does, then I’ll be the first person to pick up my pitch fork and torch.

Like everything in life,context is important,in this case that review coupled with the hours involved doesn’t carry much weight to me at least.

It doesn’t just have to be DLC. I’ve noticed that a bunch of smaller devs are starting to treat their released games like early alphas by implementing half fixes to work towards a goal instead of just finishing up a system and releasing it. NWI recently did this with Insurgency - They released a new UI element but admitted it wasn’t finished or actually any good and that it should be considered part of the games evolution. A game really shouldn’t be evolving much a year after launch and expect players to understand that broken changes are to be considered part of the games “evolution” if it isn’t in early access imo. I can see how this can disappoint players who have spent hundreds of hours playing a game.

• @loin:

Looking at some of the negative reviews, the ones 100’s of hours really need looking at.
    Esp 1000 hours plus. Imo these asshats should be viewed with a liable suit in mind.
    For example :
    2,550 of 3,011 people (85%) found this review helpful 118
    1 person found this review funny

Skl3ros
    143 products in account
    9 reviews

Not Recommended
    1,154.2 hrs on record

As a developer or admin that should be an area checked and in some cases removed.
    Why recently I read of companies getting compensated by negative reviewers.
    This pleb has blatently had his 1000 hours plus of game play and fun but
    then goes on to write some rubbish infecting over a 1000 players, at least.
    potential customers, Really TB remove such review and consider making it
    known if any liable is apparent you will be pursuing it further with posible
    court action.

Its quite acceptable in these days for reviewers to be accountable and responsible
    for there actions on mis informing reviews.

Not prosecuted, burned on a stake, Medieval style XD

• Freedom of speech.

That is all.

• ^^ banned.

• Did I not read briefly they refunded every buyer of the Batman game? Its not good taking the car back to the show room
    after 100,000 miles of 24/7 use to make a bad review is it. Freedom of liable is not the same tbh. They could remove his
    review it breaches the medieval code of conduct. Plebs get away with this rubbish, if it was a shop
    the management would come out to bop you on the nose, its because they are on line they think
    they can write such nasty reviews with no repercussions. Well the fact is they can’t , TB could
    within its rights globally ban him from the game for starters, after all why would the pleb
    want to keep returning to play this game after trying to corrupt 3000 players from it.
    Its quite likely a 1000 simply did not eve buy this game due to his bitter blatantly raged
    written review. Is the wood dry and where are the matches hehe

• I am the least expected knight be considered a fan boi as most of you know, I have upset more plebs then most have
    had hot dinners for many many years , why I even recall being chased down the street by all of
    the office staff one year with pens poised to stab me hehe , we all laugh about this nowdays.
    but Imo those kinds of reviews need to be culled, Other company’s have review
    sniffers and damage control hitmen tbh.

• @loin:

I am the least expected knight be considered a fan boi as most of you know, I have upset more plebs then most have
    had hot dinners for many many years , why I even recall being chased down the street by all of
    the office staff one year with pens poised to stab me hehe , we all laugh about this nowdays.
    but Imo those kinds of reviews need to be culled, Other company’s have review
    sniffers and damage control hitmen tbh.

As much of a lunatic Loin is the lil guy makes some decent points

• @loin:

Did I not read briefly they refunded every buyer of the Batman game? Its not good taking the car back to the show room after 100,000 miles of 24/7 use to make a bad review is it.

Yes Warner Bros did offer full refunds to anyone who purchased Batman before November. Fairplay to them for doing so, but they still deserve to be smeared for their shameless peddling of a broken game.

• This game is updated regularly, therefore it is reasonable to assume that the opinion of a player might change even after one thousand hours.

I didn’t bother reading the review however.

• Utter rubbish , its no good writing a review after 1000 of game play if your only motivation is being beaten on a server or
    having a bad spell of games is it? Why its just a rage review in essence , very damaging to new buyers. plus its grossly
    unfair if you had your 1000hours worth of gaming.

The fact is Even if these Admins and TB don’t start doing as other hubs do and simply removing the worthless untrue
    reviews, at the very least they should be sticking comments on in numbers to counter some of the reviewers flawed
    arguments and lies. An opposing comment alone on a negative review can stem the bs from these clueless review
    writers. I have commented on one so will be looking for others soon.

• I am actually in an argument with one of those reviewers now. On steam

• @loin:

The fact is Even if these Admins and TB don’t start doing as other hubs do and simply removing the worthless untrue
    reviews, at the very least they should be sticking comments on in numbers to counter some of the reviewers flawed
    arguments and lies. An opposing comment alone on a negative review can stem the bs from these clueless review
    writers. I have commented on one so will be looking for others soon.

The admins don’t even show up as moderators on that section of Steam. We are regular users as far as reviews are concerned.

• The game is changing substantially patch after patch, a player who logged 10000 hours may come back after a few months and not like the game they once enjoyed (well, even weeks…)

• @Rodkor:

The game is changing substantially patch after patch, a player who logged 10000 hours may come back after a few months and not like the game they once enjoyed (well, even weeks…)

You’re right, there’s way more hats….

• Not that the developers even have access to the reviews section anyway.

Only global steam moderators do. And they only delete reviews that don’t abide by the basic rules. So I don’t know where loin is getting this notion of developers deleting steam reviews they don’t like.

• Well it was worth a shot tbh. I know on another hub I read a post were a player complained they removed his review plus
    deleted his threads a veteran of some game I’v forgotten its name, One of these reviewers actually told me players had
    thanked him as he saved them buying the game? I must feed the flying pings at my 5th floor window.

• @dudeface:

The admins don’t even show up as moderators on that section of Steam. We are regular users as far as reviews are concerned.

Well I think after having a dig about that some game admins and developers are actually
    steam admins as well, that would explain how they can quickly remove reviews, I was quite surprised in some admins
    group to discover that a few months back but never gave it much thought. Maybe TB could ask for a developer and Admin
    to become Steam admins also, How do other developers / game admins get to be steam admins otherwise?

ps I think one of the killingfloor developers is also a steam admin.