Server hijacking is still a thing, apparently

• Can’t stay in a low pop server with lower ranks for more than a minute without getting vote kicked. happens whether i kill people or not. Happens even if I offer advice to help.

Is the listen server option not obvious enough for players who want to host their own little circle jerk?

It’s hard enough to find a server < 100 ping NOT full and NOT a low rank server.

Pls add more servers, reduce low rank servers, or make vote limits for 4 or fewer players on a server.

This shit is really irritating.

• It is sadly still a thing. Every now and again I will join a server with 2-4 people on it just to see if I will get kicked or not. Bout a 30% chance a votekick Will happen. I then educate them of the fact that you can just start a private match using the create game feature from the main menu. Silently logging in as admin cancelling the vote. Publicly logging in as admin makes them all run off and they will do it again somewhere else. It’s usually a bunch of clueless kids just wanting to play a game with friends. Thinking that votekicking everyone else is “OK”.

• Its quite simple to pin a mesage on the steam hub informing players caught highjacking servers are banned globally for
    2 weeks on first offence , if caught after that its final ban.

• @loin:

Its quite simple to pin a mesage on the steam hub informing players caught highjacking servers are banned globally for
    2 weeks on first offence , if caught after that its final ban.

Loin you are so interestingly strange. Thanks for the feedback.

• OR…. you could rent your own server, in your own location or as close as you can. that way you will have admin, low ping and control who plays on your server. Check out NFO Nuclear Fall Out game servers. I have had quite a few server hosts over the 10+ years of hosting servers and they by far have one of the best web portals, ease of set up, and lots of locations and the best/fastest customer service I have seen and used over the last 4+ years.

https://www.nfoservers.com/order.php?referrer=kila

Check them out, we are about to host our second server there which will be a 12 person, OPEN MERCs dual server. It is like $30 for 3 months of hosting a 12 player server. So quit your whining and host your own damn server like We do.

• @Retsnom:

OR…. you could rent your own server, in your own location or as close as you can. that way you will have admin, low ping and control who plays on your server. Check out NFO Nuclear Fall Out game servers. I have had quite a few server hosts over the 10+ years of hosting servers and they by far have one of the best web portals, ease of set up, and lots of locations and the best/fastest customer service I have seen and used over the last 4+ years.

https://www.nfoservers.com/order.php?referrer=kila

Check them out, we are about to host our second server there which will be a 12 person, OPEN MERCs dual server. It is like $30 for 3 months of hosting a 12 player server. So quit your whining and host your own damn server like We do.

I appreciate the back handed good advice. $10/mo ain’t too bad actually. Thing is I have the hardware and bandwidth to host my own from my house; it’s just a matter of taking the time to set it up. As far as this being a solution for those who have the money/time/other resources to host or rent their own server, it’s perfectly legitimate. However, it doesn’t address the core issue of vote kick abuse/server hijacking, which was more to my point.

Thanks again though. I’ll consider it.

• Hosting your own server won’t stop people hijacking your server. It’s just when you turn up you can do something about it.

But you can also do something about it on officials. Like using the live moderator chat in the steam group to get us to come and sort things out.

• This post is deleted!