More info pls TB Playstation 4 , Xbox 1

• I really think TB should be more considerate of its community considering purchasing a new console to
    play Chivalry tbh. Could TB give more info on this thread about the game, is it on a new engine?
    is it simply being made backwardly compatible to play Chivalry from the older console?
    Or is it in fact a new coded version specifically for the Xbox 1 and Playstation 4?

Can our community manager Mr Playerhayter actually inform us in depth ?
    Bear in mind to buy a console for £300 plus Chivalry at the very least deserves
    a more detailed precise Oxford type of Descriptive terminology for us peons.

• Pretty sure it’s just a port of the PC version that isn’t gimped like the 360/PS3 version :P

I Imagine they will have reworked the UI a bit but other than that it shouldn’t be so different.

• It will be a port but I’d guess they could have completely removed all former pc code making it console exclusive code.
    This is why by removing excess code games run better. Also these new generation consoles will be easier for coders
    as the hardware specs are all the same , unlike pc’s. No need to take into account different graphics cards , operating
    systems etc. For £330 pounds I’d still expect more depth of info tbh. Its a lot of money at the end of the day.

• The game doesn’t cost £330 though!

• Developer

Ps4 and Xbox One versions of the game were specifically coded “ports” for those platforms. Still runs on the unreal 3 engine. The main thing is the systems are more powerful than last Gen and it uses dedicated servers just like the PC version.

• Thank you tbh for that news tbh Tibberius , your quite right also Mr Dudeface but I have to infact buy a console also.
    My only problem is now instead of a Titan X for the pc I have to try to figure out what console ps4 or xbox one.
    After all they are both worthy machines to have in a household imo.

• thank you tb. it means alot that you have answered a question or so. wish you would elborate on that though. are we able to buy servers? you mentioned the ps4 and xbox being more powerful: can we expect 45fps cap?

• as for what console loin, i wouldnt. i mean yes the chivalry on ps4 and xbox will most likely peek that of the pc version for a while but are you sure 300+ dollars is worth it?

• He can do what I plan and that is piggybacking a relative’s xbox one on weekends. lol

• If I told you how many computers I have here let alone high end rigs across most sockets/chipsets, let alone workstations plus
    my project builds (see my thread raid 10 gaming in off topic) then parts to boot ie 7 gtx cards here plus many other cards
    It might be quite enjoyable buying one of these new generation consoles plus its cheaper then a high end graphics card
    to add. It would save money infact tbh.

• well i would love to have a tempest player in my ps4 chiv clan wink wink wink wink wink wink……

• @coledeawesome:

well i would love to have a tempest player in my ps4 chiv clan wink wink wink wink wink wink……

Lmao XD.

Let me stop myself before adding a dash of salt m8 XD

• @Tibberius:

Ps4 and Xbox One versions of the game were specifically coded “ports” for those platforms. Still runs on the unreal 3 engine. The main thing is the systems are more powerful than last Gen and it uses dedicated servers just like the PC version.

Thats so awesome I can’t wait

• Developer

All of the info’s in the original blog post really, but if there are any specific questions we’re happy to provide what answers we can. 24 players max, dedicated servers, performance and visuals in line with decent PC specs. And we’ve fit Horde mode into the port as well.

We’re really excited about this release, having had our hands on it throughout the porting process, it plays really well and feels/looks similar to playing on a PC with a controller.

• Its good experience for you Mr Hayter and TB porting games from the pc to console or older console’s to newer ones.
    I can remember a long time ago actually witnessing mario for n64 on a pc were I lived being made/converted.
    Seeing the Watcom C in action on a pc screen.
    For a software house that now doesn’t exist, but that is the way it is. Plus some other games at that time.

• @playerhayter:

All of the info’s in the original blog post really, but if there are any specific questions we’re happy to provide what answers we can. 24 players max, dedicated servers, performance and visuals in line with decent PC specs. And we’ve fit Horde mode into the port as well.

We’re really excited about this release, having had our hands on it throughout the porting process, it plays really well and feels/looks similar to playing on a PC with a controller.

This is just a thought or a concern, because I know it happened a lot on PS3. But is there a way to deal with votekick abusers? Like if people kick you and you aren’t even team killing or lagging.

• @•frogmonkey64:

This is just a thought or a concern, because I know it happened a lot on PS3. But is there a way to deal with votekick abusers? Like if people kick you and you aren’t even team killing or lagging.

Challenge them to a duel

• @Firecracker999:

Challenge them to a duel

True dat…

• @CharonOfTheStyx:

True dat…

oh no doubt but it’s just as easy for someone to deny the duel. Plus they keep votekick abusing. I mean I’m just saying, we all know it’s an issue. Don’t get me wrong tho I know vote kicking is a good feature and it should be implemented. I just wish maybe not even in an update but maybe a future game they decided to keep the votekick option, but to somehow make it so the game detects why they are being votekicked, like if you do enough team damage then someone can have the opportunity to vote you out. Just an idea…

• Banned

@playerhayter:

Have you done stress tests for the horde mode, because the last time you released a horde game type for console (gauntlet for DW) It would reduce the fps to 1 for console if not crash the game completely.