Where are you Torn Banner?

• Are you even still alive?

I can’t remember the last time I saw TB post something here besides the odd patch notes. Give us some hint of what you are up to.

If you can’t give a hint, at least pop up and say hi, so we know you haven’t given up on chivalry or its potential sequel.

• They say hi to us.

• They’re focusing on their new UE4 project.

• It’s so long since we have heard anything from TB that this untitled UE4 project (we don’t even know what it is) that anything could have happened.

Perhaps they have given up on trying to get chiv 2 balanced, or they might have cashflow problems, hence all the skins.

Would be nice to know they are still busy on this new game, whatever it is.

• Same, the most vocal TB ever was was during their kickstarter campaign, and after that first year and “the patch” they just got progressively quieter about their intents, mostly I guess because of these forums and the drama involved. It would be nice to know honestly how they feel about the current state of Chivalry, and if not a direct reveal of the new project, just a hint of its scale would be nice. Is this a bigger game than Chivalry? It almost must be, and I doubt the company that single-handedly created a new genre is going to make anything but another slasher-type combat game, whether medieval or not.

• Well, as far as I’m concerned there is not much that TB can say right now. They talked about the “next-gen” Chiv release and some related questions, and about the patchnotes whenever necessary.

And they are ofcourse working on their top secret classified confidential restricted new project. They wont tell us one bit, I tried :/

• Mirage: Arcane Warfare

• Developer

@gndo:

If you can’t give a hint, at least pop up and say hi

Hey, what’s up. How’ve you been, man?

• Omg they actually read the threads D:

Hi Torn Banner! Chivalry 2 when??

• @Vanguard:

Chivalry 2 when??

Never. (see reddit)

• Developer

Hey. Still here! We’re still posting regular community updates (Brabbles every 2-3 weeks) and of course the patch notes along with regular activity on our Twitter, Facebook + Steam Community along with this forum.

• @Tyler:

Hey, what’s up. How’ve you been, man?

Well, it’s nice that the forums are back up. And nice of you to respond, I’ll take this reply as you are still around and something is in the works. Good to hear.

Now what’s this about Mirage: Arcane warfare; it’s not April the 1st yet.

• Is this reallife? TB are actualy real people?

• Check Reddit as I posted Torn Banner’s new trademark.

• @Rodkor:

Check Reddit as I posted Torn Banner’s new trademark.

If this is actually the name of the UE4 project I’m going to be so disappointed - more disappointed than when DICE went from BF2 to Bad Company. Please don’t.

• @Knifelegs:

If this is actually the name of the UE4 project I’m going to be so disappointed - more disappointed than when DICE went from BF2 to Bad Company. Please don’t.

Aslong as its not the same dissapointment DICE’s “Battlefront” evoked.

• @Knifelegs:

Yeah I don’t even

At least it will have gud graphics and sound effects. Might be a atmospheric casual game who knows, it can be fun anyways. But for true melee needs, mordhau when tbh

• So this is for real?

I mean, when we all have talked about what we all wanted in a sequel, harry potter and wizards was right up there on the list, yes?

Seriously, TB you have to be joking.

• @Knifelegs:

@SgtHannes:

Aslong as its not the same dissapointment DICE’s “Battlefront” evoked.

They were good though. Turned out fine.

Torn banner are doing one thing completely different and seemingly doing magic. Which I don’t like.

• @Rodkor:

Check Reddit as I posted Torn Banner’s new trademark.

So a magical version?

I get it, CMW was never really about medieval melee (I mean look at the archers). It was more about battle and competing in a way that MMORPG never could achieve.

If it turns into wizardry it could be interesting.

I just hope they dont make the same mistake they made with DW - its not just about running around attacking each other - having an objective, a team, a purpose is what made the game enjoyable, TO allowed people to use some tactics/strategy to compensate for pure attacking skill.