Where are you Torn Banner?

• They got sick of hearing us whining about archers so now they’re giving everyone ranged while not being a typical gun shooter FPS.

It could be awesome. I want a proper Chivalry, but this could still be good.

• @SOC:

They got sick of hearing us whining about archers so now they’re giving everyone ranged while not being a typical gun shooter FPS.

It could be awesome. I want a proper Chivalry, but this could still be good.

^^ This is the best post in this thread.

• Does “arcane” necessarily imply “magic”??

• Googling arcane definition I get “understood by few; mysterious or secret.”

So the unannounced unreal engine 4 project by TB definitely fits that definition.

• Welcome back and if you guys plan on making a magical game, please make a proper rainbow attack, which is a spell that sends rainbows at your enemies!

• @Reithur:

^^ This is the best post in this thread.

This is why the game lost so many players because of generic unskilled Archers. If TB hasn’t learn’t from this
    then any sequel has less chance then Chivalry to be of any worth. Look at Tribes Ascend 2 sentinels per match.
    years of skilled enjoyable games.

A seven yr old visitor here actually won a ffa on his 3rd game of Chivalry playing Archer, his pimms word
    took even me by surprise hehe.

• Nothing is confirmed yet. Speculation is cool, but for the time being its …. just speculation.

• Do you even care were Torn Banner is? Don’t you remember the last Threads they made promising to interact with
    the community while saying how sorry they are.? I actually think the last post was already a year ago? Get some
    pride and backbone, op You don’t need them to support your spine or put your socks on in the morning. I’d also
    advise you hide your wallet or any lose pound coins laying about as TB loves them. At least buying stuff of the
    modders is still fun esp good knight hats.

• @Tibberius:

Hey guys, it’s been a while!

I wanted to start by apologizing for the period of silence from us, we are still trying to figure out how to approach having a community of this size. While we were figuring out how we wanted to approach communicating with a far larger audience than we were used to, we decided to remain silent to avoid providing mixed messages. Obviously, providing no messages was just as bad. Now we’ve had time to think about how we interact with our community and decided that we want to get back to a position where we can communicate more openly; we know that when that happens we learn more, the discussions are more productive, the community healthier, and the experience of Chivalry as a whole is improved.

~Almost 2 years ago.
    Huehuehuehuehue…

No but seriously though, I wonder when their new game is released and what it’ll look like, even if it’s just for shits and giggles.
    Even if it’s not your type of game, surely you wonder about the “Unannounced Unreal Engine 4 project” that caused so much speculation and potential frustration when people started assuming that project was the reason Chiv didn’t get frequent balance updates anymore.

• @Rickvs:

~Almost 2 years ago.
    Huehuehuehuehue…

No but seriously though, I wonder when their new game is released and what it’ll look like, even if it’s just for shits and giggles.
    Even if it’s not your type of game, surely you wonder about the “Unannounced Unreal Engine 4 project” that caused so much speculation and potential frustration when people started assuming that project was the reason Chiv didn’t get frequent balance updates anymore.

This makes me sad.

• On the upside, if Arcane Warfare DOES turn out to be something we hate, then the veteran chivalry community will definitely hop onto the Mordhau bandwagon (if there’s anyone not on it yet).

• Who are the secret testers of this project… Imo gamers that have been here from Chivalry release should be considered
    as testers, even if offline to give TB an objective opinion.

• Considering we’ve never seen an announcement or press release with any game info or screenshots, they’re not likely at the stage where they require testers yet.

• They would have testers before launching any such press releases, I was in this game many many moons ago.
    You don’t soak up an advertising campaign or even put out a screenshot until you know your product is viable.
    Often gamers who are not known are recruited with a binding contract not to discuss any of the games features
    until after release or never.

• A QA Tester job is something you need to actually apply for with the proper credentials, that’s a job. What you’re talking about a is closed beta.

tbh

• Rather clueless aren’t you. Do you really think they would even bother advertising game tester jobs with credentials
    if the game hadn’t been tested for many hours/months prior by the dev team or casual cash gamers who signed
    a confidentiality agreement before hand? Its only after that they feel the game has a good chance of lift off.
    Then they commit resources as discussed in this thread

• Well they still do brabbles and helmet updates in game.

• @Reithur:

Considering we’ve never seen an announcement or press release with any game info or screenshots, they’re not likely at the stage where they require testers yet.

Well deadliest warrior had alpha testers before it was even announced, people hadn’t even seen the trademark yet. Maybe you’re already a tester and it’s just what they want you to say.

Its a conspiracy man.

• I was invited by Kimiko to do some testing on a “product” a while ago, but turned it down because I didn’t have reliable internet. Pretty sure that product was Deadliest Warrior since it came out a few months later. Some people around the forums may get private messages with invites to test the next game eventually, but for now it’s just copyright conspiracy theories.

• mana warfare #2: electric boogaloo