What do we want to see in the next TB game?

• Seeing as TB are working on a new game, let’s discuss what we would like to see in a sequel, (even if it has a dubious name)

My personal wishlist is:

1st person only.
    Tweak backswings/reverses so they aren’t quite as ridiculous.
    Smoother animations
    Remove/ vastly improve the crap maps, obviously keep Dark forest/Stonehill maybe Outpost.
    Remove archers (only kidding…or am I?)

Let’s keep this on topic though guys, I would like the sequel to be amazing ofc, so don’t flame each other.

• More bows and crossbows, more arrow types (flaming arrows, poison arrows, grenade arrows)

• @dudeface:

More bows and crossbows, more arrow types (flaming arrows, poison arrows, grenade arrows)

Give yourself an infraction for flame-baiting.

• @gndo:

Give yourself an infraction for flame-baiting.

I gave this crass player the punishment he deserves. This bloody cat chap with his moustache is taking over the forums tbh.

On topic: Not a huge fan of magic at all. Gotta wait to see how it plays out before I wish for any additions or improvements. Not to mention that nuthin is confirmed yet.

• The only way archery should be in any melee game is the way they did it in DW, giving everyone low ammo low damage secondary ranged weapons.

• @Xylvion:

The only way archery should be in any melee game is the way they did it in DW, giving everyone low ammo low damage secondary ranged weapons.

^^ This. Having a pure ranged class in a melee focused game is a no no. Hopefully TB and other developers learn from chiv’s mistakes.

• I’d like to see some arcane stuff. Y’know, maybe some mirages? In warfare? Sounds NEAT.

• Don’t automatically assume it’s gonna be a chivalry sequal or even related to chivalry in the slightest. It can be whatever the hell it wants to be.

• They filed a trademark apparently called “Mirage: Arcane Warfare” if this is real then prepare for some wizard ass warfare!

http://www.destructoid.com/chivalry-developer-trademarks-mirage-arcane-warfare-323287.phtml

• @Pilgore:

They filed a trademark apparently called “Mirage: Arcane Warfare” if this is real then prepare for some wizard ass warfare!

http://www.destructoid.com/chivalry-developer-trademarks-mirage-arcane-warfare-323287.phtml

Hey I’d rather a more realistic shit like Anarchy: Modern Riots where we would riot cities or protect them as cops but fuck, magic can be interesting tbh. Not really my cup of tea because nothing magic really got my attention in gaming, but hey it can be interesting, maybe.

If its going to be unrealistic and all that, I like more science fiction things like Command & Conquer, System Shock or Half-Life series then magical shit like The Elder Scrols or Warcraft.

• I’ll be honest, if Mirage IS their next game, i’m worried.

I won’t discredit it without seeing anything at all about it as that would just be ignorant, but it definitely has me worried.

• @Vanguard:

Hey I’d rather a more realistic shit like Anarchy: Modern Riots where we would riot cities or protect them as cops but fuck, magic can be interesting tbh. Not really my cup of tea because nothing magic really got my attention in gaming, but hey it can be interesting, maybe.

If its going to be unrealistic and all that, I like more science fiction things like Command & Conquer, System Shock or Half-Life series then magical shit like The Elder Scrols or Warcraft.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was basically Chivalry with fireballs and minion summons. It played extremely well and was a ton of fun. If this is legit then we know it could (in theory) be really cool of we look at Dark Messiah.

Your cops and rioters idea sounds pretty neat btw.

• @Pilgore:

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was basically Chivalry with fireballs and minion summons. It played extremely well and was a ton of fun. If this is legit then we know it could (in theory) be really cool of we look at Dark Messiah.

Your cops and rioters idea sounds pretty neat btw.

Thanks! I would mod this if I was gud, but only thing I’m good in the computer is games, and even that is quite debatable tbh.

I wanted to like Dark Messiah, but the atmosphere is just shit imo, its very hard for me to see ogres as something cool, or even mages and spells. Also I didn’t really enjoyed the melee mechanics back in the days I tried this game, maybe I should give it another go tbh, I’m gonna try that with a more open mind.

• Dark Messiah was pretty badass. That demon form you got eventually would be an awesome multiplayer ability.

• If there be magic, let it be something like this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tbffj_04cI

• Customization on player models, no full skins. Other than that I’ll probably play it as much as I do Chivalry.

• take a page from Mana Warfare and give the ability to launch players all over the map

• If they add magic, pls add special armor powerups or pieces for different elemental resistances. Oh man, this is exciting. I’ve been dreaming about a game with Chiv combat with a fantasy/magic element to it.

• no magic pls

but dragons