Pretty upset that Xbox One is only 30fps compared to PS4's 60fps.

• Is anyone else bothered that the Xbox One version of this game seems to be substantially worse than the PS4 version? I understand that the Playstation is a little bit more powerful but a 50% difference in FPS seems ridiculous. I have not ever seen a game with this much disparity between the console ports as long as I have been gaming. It seems like the development was heavily biased towards the PS4 version as the dev that did the port also made the PS4 exclusive Blacklight Retribution.

Why couldn’t the developers simply lower the resolution or graphics details a small amount to achieve FPS parity? After playing Battlefront and Halo at 60fps this holiday, anytime I go back to a 30fps game (Destiny) the gameplay just feels generally sluggish.

Do you guys think that there is any chance in the future that the devs could offer an update to enable 60fps on Xbox One with a lower resolution?

• I am surprised they went with 30fps in a game where reading animation is so important.

• I have played the game extensively on PC and was so excited to get all my friends into it. Most of my friends cannot afford gaming PC’s and have Xboxes.

They were very disappointed to hear that there will be such a huge difference in framerate between the Xbox and PS4 version and probably will not be buying the game out of spite. It really just seems like the Xbox One version is an afterthought to me.

• @dudeface:

I am surprised they went with 30fps in a game where reading animation is so important.

U should have seen the 360 version it felt like that was 1fps on a decent host

• @FG:

U should have seen the 360 version it felt like that was 1fps on a decent host

Omfg so true. Especially in hosts from other continents and or west coast

• Banned

You have to think of the fact that PS pays developers for more content on their consoles for the edge over xbox, maybe this is one of those cases. As for you asking for a patch that ups the frame rate, don’t expect it considering adding more code to the game would lower the performance not raise it (unless there is a bug, which is most likely not the case)

• You think that Sony is paying Torn Banner studios for better performance? I dont think that is the case. Regardless, adding code to lower the games native resolution and unlocking the FPS to 60 couldnt be that hard. Could anyone chime in that understands how this works better?

• Well if you’re coming from pc it’s gonna look like ass, if you’re coming from 360 it’s gonna look like Jesus himself

• Banned

@angry_gnome:

You think that Sony is paying Torn Banner studios for better performance? I dont think that is the case. Regardless, adding code to lower the games native resolution and unlocking the FPS to 60 couldnt be that hard. Could anyone chime in that understands how this works better?

I make videogames as my occupation when I am not playing chivalry or pursuing a higher education, so I do not need your rude comment for me trying to help. In short, ps4 runs better, coding cannot change that.

• The point would be to lower resolution and raise FPS. He’s not saying make it run better than PS4.
    In any case it is surely too late for that.

• Banned

@dudeface:

The point would be to lower resolution and raise FPS. He’s not saying make it run better than PS4.
    In any case it is surely too late for that.

I doubt the willingness to lower the res for higher framerate when in actuality 30 fps is perfectly fine. Need something to complain about though

• @Zian:

I make videogames as my occupation when I am not playing chivalry or pursuing a higher education, so I do not need your rude comment for me trying to help. In short, ps4 runs better, coding cannot change that.

If you make videogames as an occupation it is pretty sad that you do not understand what lowering native resolution to increase FPS means. Maybe you should consider a different occupation.

Anyway, I played the game for an hour last night and it looked and ran like dogshit. Constant stuttering, 200+ ping for everyone on the server, and extremely poor graphics quality. I was extremely underwelmed. To make matters worse game clip recording functionality does not even work.

Was this game even tested before it was released? This is pretty sad and I am embarrassed that I even recommended this to my friends in this games current state. If anyone thinks I am exaggerating just go play the game on Xbox One and you will see exaclty what I am talking about.

• Banned

@angry_gnome:

If you make videogames as an occupation it is pretty sad that you do not understand what lowering native resolution to increase FPS means. Maybe you should consider a different occupation.

Anyway, I played the game for an hour last night and it looked and ran like dogshit. Constant stuttering, 200+ ping for everyone on the server, and extremely poor graphics quality. I was extremely underwelmed. To make matters worse game clip recording functionality does not even work.

Was this game even tested before it was released? This is pretty sad and I am embarrassed that I even recommended this to my friends in this games current state. If anyone thinks I am exaggerating just go play the game on Xbox One and you will see exaclty what I am talking about.

Everything you have posted is negative for no reason, assuming you are a double account made by someone to be a dick, don’t expect people to help you in life when you are acting like a prick. The issues with the game quality you are talking about is the over compensation with the camera bob, which does actually need to be fixed but doesn’t really hurt game play much so stop being such a Debby down syndrome because you want to try and push the developers to do things for you. Because they won’t. On the off chance you are somehow suffering from a frame rate loss, you might want to check if your monitor isn’t broken because from what you write it seems like you would be the person to throw their controller through their tv.

• Banned

Done with this thread, so don’t reply to my messages unless you want to talk to yourself.

• I am not trying to be negative. I am just trying to inform Torn Banner that there are some major problems with the port so that it is addressed. Xbox One is not the only one having major problems, look at one of the top threads on the Chivalry Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/comments/3v3tpt/anyone_played_the_ps4_version/

It’s practically a scam at this point.Advertised as 60 fps but over half the time, if not more, its 30fps or less with occasional dips at 25-20fps.
    When servers reach 18+ people give or take, the ping tanks and goes over 100 for almost everyone and when theres 24 people everyone had at least 120-140 ping.
    Random lag where people teleport and swings have phased through me and other opponents quite a few times.
    Hardsuit Labs (who did the porting) have done a terrible job.

• You complain a lot

• @angry_gnome:

Chivalry is perfect. “You” are an ungrateful little Schwein. Go play minecraft.

• Tbh… it’s still better than xbox 360. It needs a few major updates though but it’s still pretty Damn fun

• I still don’t see what everyone is talking about when they say 200+ ping. Every game I’ve been in (exludimg western servers) has been 125 ping or less. Occasionally some random who is from Zimbabwe who has 300+ ping.

One or two things are your problem
    ……
    1.Get on the correct servers
    2.use a wired connection
    3. Plug in your controller
    4. Vote kick anyone with high ping

Tadaaa…

If none of this works then u need to get better internet service or move to a place ON Earth… Not near Earth, ON earth