Bugs / exploits / issues?

• Hey, been playing this game for a bit a noticed something which I think most of the upper end players consider “l33t”. Ive seen countless people, especially the guys who got really good at these exploits, do crazy things. I think changing some of these things would greatly improve game balance, hence player experience, lower frustration…all the good stuff. I have a long list of stuff i noticed over the last few months but ill keep that tucked away for now until i got a better idea on how things work. In the last decade I did a lot of work balancing SC2, Warcraft 3, Total War games a such. I like well balanced games, and hate where design oversights result in massive abuse and exploit use at the expense of the less experienced players, which usually make up 75% of the player base.

Firstly…the spinning ballerina backwards, wtf stab / overhead.
    So, whats with the overhead strike hitting opponents when your weapon is basically in windup position or getting to the windup position, while you are basically doing a rapid spin in place. People bend over, face up and while your weapon is winding up, you spin around quick, basically hitting everyone around you doing full overhead damage, many time insta killing anyone it hits as it counts as a full overhead. Im sure those abusers of such practices will probably start the trolls and tote their eliteness but whatever, im going to call it bull and ask for a fix on next patch to prevent such. Solution - prevent weapon damage with weapon on windup. For large weapons, like claymores, mauls and great swords, have it do some minor damage like a kick.

Ground Tap
    Vanguard or whatever class, crouches and bends body all the way forward, basically laying down on the ground, uses overhead strike, which ends up being basically a super fast tap on the ground. If this “tap” hits someone it counts as a full damage overhead strike. Solution: On short strikes like that, apply only 20% of weapon damage and ability to inerrupt attacks like anything else.

Weapon Arc Damage
    Weapons seem to do the same damage throughout their travel path. A sword slash does its lowest damage during the first 20% and last 10% of the travel path. With the max damage right before it begins to slow down, like 70% of the way through the strike arc. Uniform damage across the strike arc is abusive to the max, see ground tap above. You get uber speed with uber damage, because of the short distance traveled. Weapons, especially slashes, exponentially decrease in damage as the speed of the weapon decreases.Dont you love those vanguards that insta kill you with the last 5% of their strike arc lunge? You are almost behind them.

Solution: Applies to slashes only. 10% weapon damage on the first 20% of the strike arc, 60% damage from 20-60% of strike arc, 100% damage from 60%-90% of strike arc and 20% damage in the last 10% of the strike arc.

**Dancing Ballerina Knights / Vanguard
    **Does the game have no inertia physics. Knights are in many ways net superior to pretty much everything else simply because of the speed they move at, the ability to change direction on a dime and accelerate instantly to the speed they had before the turn. This is often used to strike and keep moving at he same running speed. without the slightest interruption. Consumes no stamina and can be done indefinitely. Im sure everyone loves those knights with the mauls who dance like ballerinas, reverse overhead at the speed of light and spin kill people en mass with their weapons in the windup position (spamming Q and attack to keep it there).

Solution: Either insert inertia physics or make such overpowered acts of magic cost stamina. The solution to this is a bit more complicated math wise but not very hard to do.

Will not respond to troll posts. Thanks

• Weapons already do no damage in windup.
    And knights are still the slowest class in the game regardless of whether or not they can dance.

@nazmorgul:

reverse overhead at the speed of light and spin kill people en mass with their weapons in the windup position (spamming Q and attack to keep it there).

This isn’t how it works.

• Have you heard of the S key?

Superior footwork beats these guys. As ballernas rely on you walking into their swings. Rather than them trying to hit you. They bait you into getting hit. They do waste stamina when they miss. They often keep swinging missing multiple times. You can choose to strike at any time in between their swings.

• Just for reference on the nomenclature;

**“Firstly…the spinning ballerina backwards, wtf stab / overhead.” is called Reverse Overhead

"Ground Tap" is called Look Down Overhead because you can accelerate your swing it just makes sense to do this in a game where that is possible
    I don’t know how long you’ve played but there is a big learning curve and a lot of these issues are easily taken care of by proper parries, timing and footwork. It’s easy for me to say that because of the thousands of hours I have in the game. I only talk about the learning curve because of the hours of agony I spent dieing to people better than me and those who still are. I just have fun with it and I love it for that.

• @lemonater47:

Superior footwork beats these guys. As ballernas rely on you walking into their swings

‘ballernas’ rely on taking advantage of your mistakes. there’s nothing I hate more as a ballerna than someone who actually knows how to parry my shit.

You can footwork all you want around their drags. One error in your footwork and you usually have one more to go until you’re dead, which is why just walking out of it is a stupid idea. MAA dodging is a different story.

• @Clock:

Just for reference on the nomenclature;

**“Firstly…the spinning ballerina backwards, wtf stab / overhead.” is called Reverse Overhead

"Ground Tap" is called Look Down Overhead because you can accelerate your swing it just makes sense to do this in a game where that is possible
    I don’t know how long you’ve played but there is a big learning curve and a lot of these issues are easily taken care of by proper parries, timing and footwork. It’s easy for me to say that because of the thousands of hours I have in the game. I only talk about the learning curve because of the hours of agony I spent dieing to people better than me and those who still are. I just have fun with it and I love it for that.

Clinging on to this rubbish is quite ok, As those pinheads defend this , players in the right minds simply leave the game
    for good. Who can blame them tbh. I think the op represent the majority of players remaining and those who left this
    game behind. This game has always needed proper parameters for the moves players use with the game config files.