Congratulations Activision….

• I wanted to say congrats to Activision and to whatever D team they hired to port this game over to the Xbox One. Why? Because they have the privilege in making the first ever Xbox One game that I have EVER had refunded by Microsoft. I got my money back in full for this travesty. The game controls terribly, the hit detection is horrendous and to top all of that off, it runs in only 30fps while the PS4 version runs in 60, despite the fact that this game looks like it came out over 10 years ago.

Nice to see Activision is ruining more and more games lately. They took a great game by Torn Banner and decimated it for this port. Awesome. I gotta say though, Xbox customer support is awesome. Contacted them and they gave me a full refund right away. This sort of nonsense does not deserve my money nor anyone else’s.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• @Kyoshi:

it runs in only 30fps while the PS4 version runs in 60"" uh dude you do realize that the Xbox has certain limitations and in no way can a developer control your system performance, right?
    As you can here see here not many games run at 60 fps on xbox. As for controls I haven’t bought it’s for Xbox yet, doubt I will but I know the ps4 controls handle well much better than even the rainbow six port. Anyone looking to buy this game can not take this guys opinion seriously.
    http://m.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

• why would anyone even buy this game on a console? I can’t imagine playing with a controller, let alone an un-upgradable piece of overpriced hardware that charges me to play online.

• Then don’t buy it, problem solved https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg

• @Kyoshi:

I wanted to say congrats to Activision and to whatever D team they hired to port this game over to the Xbox One. Why? Because they have the privilege in making the first ever Xbox One game that I have EVER had refunded by Microsoft. I got my money back in full for this travesty. The game controls terribly, the hit detection is horrendous and to top all of that off, it runs in only 30fps while the PS4 version runs in 60, despite the fact that this game looks like it came out over 10 years ago.

Nice to see Activision is ruining more and more games lately. They took a great game by Torn Banner and decimated it for this port. Awesome. I gotta say though, Xbox customer support is awesome. Contacted them and they gave me a full refund right away. This sort of nonsense does not deserve my money nor anyone else’s.

Perhaps Activision were mis-informed ? did it even occur to you all the port coders do is simply change the machine specs
    code/adapt to run on that consoles hardware. They simply took the game Torn Banner presented to them tbh.
    If these Big sharks had bothered to get clued up on for forums and on steam hubs, explore for themselves then
    who knows, however they didn’t do any research it seems. That aside I don’t see what your beef is as I even
    made a demo of my playing at locked 22fps on a pc with a low profile video card, Its quite playable you know.

• @Kyoshi:

They took a great game by Torn Banner and decimated it

In the Real world of Business you might find the only decimation is done in the Courts by Companies who claim
    they were mislead and not given all the facts before a commitment. They usually win those cases.

• Banned

I like how he points out how the ps4 runs a higher framerate. That might be because the ps4 is a better operating system. As far as I have seen, the game plays fine. So I am unsure why all these threads are coming up. They sure didn’t get spammed this hard when the ported DW battlegrounds was released. And that was much, much worse than what you are saying is wrong with xbox one.

• The game slows to ps4 at gathering of people, a high ping, the server looks bad, it looks worse than on a PC, there are graphic bugs, management realized not the best way, the texture is extremely poor quality, curves hitboxes.

• Banned

@Maxim_Y:

The game slows to ps4 at gathering of people, a high ping, the server looks bad, it looks worse than on a PC, there are graphic bugs, management realized not the best way, the texture is extremely poor quality, curves hitboxes.

I actually saw quite a large amount of improvement on the terrain hitboxes, on stone hill, there was a sniper spot in the map that was completely blocked by random invisible walls trapping people who walk in there and making it much harder to fluently move. There was also the problem with swinging at a random enemy and hitting nothing, stopping your attack, and getting hit in the face.

• I like how he points out how the ps4 runs a higher framerate.
    Framerate on PS4 is constantly falling. So what good is a unstable 60?

• @Zian:

I actually saw quite a large amount of improvement on the terrain hitboxes, on stone hill, there was a sniper spot in the map that was completely blocked by random invisible walls trapping people who walk in there and making it much harder to fluently move. There was also the problem with swinging at a random enemy and hitting nothing, stopping your attack, and getting hit in the face.

There are many problems, but the developers have not even responded. The Sony refused to return my money, said that the responsibility lies entirely on developers and that they should support the game.
    Will there be a patch at all?

• @Maxim_Y:

The game slows to ps4 at gathering of people, a high ping, the server looks bad, it looks worse than on a PC, there are graphic bugs, management realized not the best way, the texture is extremely poor quality, curves hitboxes.

Okay I have it on PC too, you are full of bleh because it runs the best out of every single version my friend, unless you are running like Windows Vista or Windows XP. Ps4 also has so much more improvements than PS3 and Xbox 360, what do you mean the hit boxes curve? The hit boxes are one of the things I thought were way better than before. It doesn’t curve, you can actually drag now. I do like how they also added the 3 various 3rd person views as seen from the PC version for those times you feel like going in third.

• @•frogmonkey64:

Okay I have it on PC too, you are full of bleh because it runs the best out of every single version my friend, unless you are running like Windows Vista or Windows XP. Ps4 also has so much more improvements than PS3 and Xbox 360, what do you mean the hit boxes curve? The hit boxes are one of the things I thought were way better than before. It doesn’t curve, you can actually drag now. I do like how they also added the 3 various 3rd person views as seen from the PC version for those times you feel like going in third.

Better than before - does not mean good. Perhaps the problem is lousy servers and lags.

• Banned

Maybe you should read up a little more on things before you buy them, they never, not once, advertised a 60fps lock. Everything they promised is in the game, and as for your ping problem, check your zone settings in game. For some positive points, the game graphics are about 10 times better than last gen, the game can have twice as many people, and there is much more customization. Also, not sure if you are coming from pc, or last gen. If you are coming from last gen you would also notice a large performance difference online. I have had, max, 80 ping and have seen much less invisible swinging and teleporting than on last gen.

• I had a PC version. That picture is better than pastes gene does not justify a bad picture here. You do not see any low quality textures in the game? I can make screenshots and show this clearly, if you’re going to deny the obvious. Do not you see how bad the environment is made?
    I tried different regions. But I have no way to select a server, there simply is not their list. Make screenshots, where all the players will be 250-300 ping?
    And do not blame my connection. I have a lot of multiplayer games where I play without any problems. For example, BF4 or Battlefront.

• Unfortunately Activision and Hardsuit Labs are responsible for the Xbone/PS4 stuff.

• Banned

@Maxim_Y:

I had a PC version. That picture is better than pastes gene does not justify a bad picture here. You do not see any low quality textures in the game? I can make screenshots and show this clearly, if you’re going to deny the obvious. Do not you see how bad the environment is made?
    I tried different regions. But I have no way to select a server, there simply is not their list. Make screenshots, where all the players will be 250-300 ping?
    And do not blame my connection. I have a lot of multiplayer games where I play without any problems. For example, BF4 or Battlefront.

Not insulting your connection in any way, just giving suggestions. If you have a gaming pc, the graphics should be better, so I see no problem with that. You can screenshot the pictures of 200+ ping lobbies just as I can screenshot 50 ping lobbies so there is really no reason to do that anyways. I can understand why you think the game is underwhelming if you have played the game on a gaming pc but there is really no reason to act like it is broken when all you are doing is comparing it to something that is suppose to be better.

• The reason is, because I can not select the server itself. If I could, then I would not have complained. But the game chooses the server, and change in the region is not helping. In view my good connection - this can not be my fault. This is a problem of the game.
    But I believe that for some there is no such problem. Lucky.

The game was released in 2012, long before the console is released. You can look at the level of the graphics of other games on the console. Of course, in today’s PC gaming better, but this is not the modern game.
    But okay, let it does not look great, but after all it lagging!

Consoles are not so bad, so as not to deal with the games released in 2012. There are obvious problems with optimization. There are obvious problems with optimization.

But I love this game, therefore I am very hurt for her console version.

• @dudeface:

Unfortunately Activision and Hardsuit Labs are responsible for the Xbone/PS4 stuff.

Thank you for pointing that out. Now I know who to put on my blacklist. I seriously wanted to love this game. I had seen PC footage and that looks so fun. This port though? It plays horribly. The whole game is awkward flailing at each other because the hit detection is so poor and there is no major indication that you have even hit someone. The whole time I was wondering what people saw in this game but then it hit me that this was just a bastardized version of the original game and considering that it is running on decently powerful hardware here, you would think it could be a lot better.

I am pretty sure if Battlefield can hit 60fps online with 64 players on huge maps and it looks beautiful to boot, I was thinking maybe a game that has far less people, much smaller maps and graphics that look like a pre-Xbox 360 title could do the same as well. Seems my expectations were too high for something so half assed.