Problems with the Inputs the way they are

• Hi
    first off this game is amazing! I realy like it and want to play it.
    But the inputs are realy frustrating. I can’t get my guy to do what I want him to do. It gets me raging after a few minutes into the game (Yes, I did the tutorial).
    I played every class and they all feel the same regarding the inputs (with the knight beeing the least awkward). It feels like im back at slowmo Internet with lag as hell and half of my key strokes are not even reaching the server. It feels like I have no control over this guy swinging his sword for me.

A few thing I have noticed so far:
    If I press the run key and bump into a edge or someone else bumps into me I stop running and have to press run again. This is realy only annoying but I still think the game should recognize pressed keys and not only the key stroke.

If I release the run key and press a key to do something else this key is 100% ignored. This is especially frustrating if you want to draw a bow, because you prepare to hold the key. Until u realize that ur bow has not even startet to draw. You lose precious time and it breakes ur attention to realize it release and press the key again.

I also have a lot of problems switching weapons, mostly from the bow to a sword. I had enemies running torwars me from 30m away (vanguard) swinging their weapon 2-3 times in the air with me unable to switch to my sword. Either the bow was unintentionaly drawn without me beeing able to stop it. Then until I can try to switch again I’m already dead, or it just doesnt happen or very slow so that i get hit before I finished switching (which then of course stops the switching again). I wasn’t able to find out why it takes so long.

So here is what I suggest:
    If u hold the run key and bump into something u should start running again until u release the run button.

If u press a button while an animation is running and the key is still pressed after the animation is finished the specific action shoul’d start. This would e.g. prevent keys from beeing totally ignored after running.

If u press a key while an animation is still running but is breakable it should stop the first action and start the currently pressed one. I know this would make flinching a lot easier but it would also feel much more promptly. I wouldn’t feel so damn detached from this guy doing something but not what I want him to do.

One should be able to release an arrow at any time. It makes absolutly no sense that u can’t flinch a bow shot at any time.

I don’t know if all of this is intentional and is seen as “skill” for me it is not. Im no microsecond timing machine I want my alter ego to do what I want him to do I want to feel I am in control. So if I press a button something should happen it shoul’d not be ignored. And for the skill… I think there is still plenty of skill involved even if microsecond timing is removed.

Edit: Somthing I forgot. It happens quite often that the Draw by hold LMB is invertet so that u end up with a drawn bow without pressing the LMB. Pressing the LMB fires the arror an fixes this but still all the randomness in the inputs realy makes it hard to improv anything.

• @restinpieces:

If I press the run key and bump into a edge or someone else bumps into me I stop running and have to press run again. This is realy only annoying but I still think the game should recognize pressed keys and not only the key stroke.

You can enable “Toggle sprint” in the keybinds menu (it’s a check box like one button dodge) and you’ll only have to tap shift once - you’ll sprint whenever you move forward until you tap shift again.

If I release the run key and press a key to do something else this key is 100% ignored. This is especially frustrating if you want to draw a bow, because you prepare to hold the key. Until u realize that ur bow has not even startet to draw. You lose precious time and it breakes ur attention to realize it release and press the key again.

I’m not sure what issue you’re experiencing here. I’ve never had any action interrupted by releasing the sprint key.

I also have a lot of problems switching weapons, mostly from the bow to a sword. I had enemies running torwars me from 30m away (vanguard) swinging their weapon 2-3 times in the air with me unable to switch to my sword. Either the bow was unintentionaly drawn without me beeing able to stop it. Then until I can try to switch again I’m already dead, or it just doesnt happen or very slow so that i get hit before I finished switching (which then of course stops the switching again). I wasn’t able to find out why it takes so long.

You can feint an arrow by pressing Q to automatically release your bow so you can switch. If you want a faster switching weapon, equip a dagger.

Edit: Somthing I forgot. It happens quite often that the Draw by hold LMB is invertet so that u end up with a drawn bow without pressing the LMB. Pressing the LMB fires the arror an fixes this but still all the randomness in the inputs realy makes it hard to improv anything.

This is a bug. Not sure if it’s already known and being fixed, but if you can provide steps on how to reproduce in case there aren’t any already, that would be most welcome.

• Edit: Somthing I forgot. It happens quite often that the Draw by hold LMB is invertet so that u end up with a drawn bow without pressing the LMB. Pressing the LMB fires the arror an fixes this but still all the randomness in the inputs realy makes it hard to improv anything.

Hitting Attack1 during bow reload. Tis on the bug list.

• Thanks for the feedback

@SlyGoat:

@restinpieces:

You can enable “Toggle sprint” in the keybinds menu (it’s a check box like one button dodge) and you’ll only have to tap shift once - you’ll sprint whenever you move forward until you tap shift again.

Thats not what I want. I don’t want to stroke the key to run I want my guy to run even when the key is still pressed releasing and clicking again is slow and annoying.

@SlyGoat:

@restinpieces:

I’m not sure what issue you’re experiencing here. I’ve never had any action interrupted by releasing the sprint key.

Its not interrupted it is ignored: run - release run button - hit switch w. or attack - nothing happens

@SlyGoat:

@restinpieces:

You can feint an arrow by pressing Q to automatically release your bow so you can switch. If you want a faster switching weapon, equip a dagger.

Ok that did work.

But I still have this situations where I have a guy running at me im releasing the bow hit switch weapon and nothing happens. I recognized in one battle after hitting the key for the dagger the bow tried to come up 3 times i might have been pressing some keys but wtf. Is it to much to ask that what u input is executed?

I tried again today with ur tipps and after 30 min i was fucking raging it is so damn discouraging if u hit the dagger button then block and then u die because u still have the bow equiped.

I can stand a lot of hardship in games also if I do something wrong its all ok. I like to learn. But what i can’t and don’t want to stand is if the game is not doing what I tell him to do.
    So I’ll abandon this great game until further notice because I don’t want to rage all the time. Maybe one of the next patches will bring more direct, 100% working inputs than I’ll be happy to start again.

• Currently toggle sprint is really buggy and unusable, it randomly toggles off when you stop but it doesn’t when you zoom in or use a crossbow or bow, it just stops you from using those weapons until you press shift again, even though your character is walking. It also gets stuck when you try to run while zoomed in or using ranged weapons. Also you can sprint with an arrow loaded, but only if you first loaded it then sprint, and only without toggle sprint.