Optimization discussion (posts moved from bug report thread)

1. The game was released in 2012.
    2. It pulls in the same quality and without problems my old laptop, which is worse equipment than ps4.
    3. In the console a lot of games with better graphics and without lag. At the same resolution and 60 FPS.
      Hackwork should not be encouraged.

And, I might add, if you are satisfied with how the game looks now, it only speaks about your undemanding. It’s your right. But there is no need to put all into the Procrustean bed your beliefs and tastes.

• 1.6GHz CPU running a single threaded game. As far as I’m concerned it’s a god damn miracle it’s running at all. So what ever settings it’s on it’s pretty much expected.

• I accept that the PS4 is more powerful. I don’t have an issue with FPS. Xbone tried to be more than just a gaming console and it really should’ve just focused on that. So the Xbone having 30 fps is fine. At least 30 is a stable number and I can play with it. I don’t like it when for some reason the stuff I paid for isn’t working.

• Diligence is shown in detail.
    If you can’t do good, do not touch.
    If the architecture of the system does not allow to release the game with a stable 60 FPS, why not do it with stable 30 FPS?

• @Grabnok:

I accept that the PS4 is more powerful. I don’t have an issue with FPS. Xbone tried to be more than just a gaming console and it really should’ve just focused on that. So the Xbone having 30 fps is fine. At least 30 is a stable number and I can play with it. I don’t like it when for some reason the stuff I paid for isn’t working.

Stable 30 is perfectly normal. But a large gathering models (players or mobs) significantly drops number of frames on PS4. That’s noticeable. Simply play in multiplayer on a full server and you will see.

• @Maxim_Y:

Stable 30 is perfectly normal. But a large gathering models (players or mobs) significantly drops number of frames on PS4. That’s noticeable. Simply play in multiplayer on a full server and you will see.

Similar thing happens on PC. But rather than it being caused by a number of players it’s caused by certain areas/stages of maps. Also if the ragdol counter is too high. Ragdol physics are pretty intensive.

• @Firecracker999:

Message to everyone: either sacrifice frame rate, sacrifice graphics or have a balance of the two. Shitbox and lame station are not PC’s. You can’t pick and choose……

Also… This isn’t necessarily a glitch but rather a suggestion. Please tell people that don’t already know how to change their region for finding servers. In every other game there is someone rocking 200+ ping and they screw up the servers connection. It makes everyone else who is running 40-60 ping go to 65-70 ping

Seriously? Have you seen star wars battlefront, halo 5, rainbow six seige? These consoles can do a lot. These aren’t gamecubes. The texturework, animation, pretty much every part of the xbox one port is sloppy and ridiculous.

• @lemonater47:

Similar thing happens on PC. But rather than it being caused by a number of players it’s caused by certain areas/stages of maps. Also if the ragdol counter is too high. Ragdol physics are pretty intensive.

But the charm of the console versions is that it is possible to optimize the game for a specific machine.
    Tens of thousands of PC configurations, and only one console configuration.

If it is impossible to ps4, then why release the game with 60 FPS? Stable 30 FPS is, for example, in Destiny. That does not stop to enjoy the multiplayer battles. A unstable, albeit high, framerate is ruin impressions of the game