My view on the Messer.

• +Messer is the last bastard sword you unlock. Making alot of people think its the best “end game” kind of weapon tbh.

• Banned

@Gnarlydude:

There are a few that stab and overhead very smoothly in their combos, and they are pretty vicious in their damage…I’m working on keeping back out of the way once they get going.
    I personally think that the slower weapons take a bit more skill than the faster ones because you can’t just spam r swing and hope for the best. I haven’t used the 2hand axe or Maul much, but in the right hands they are wonderfully destructive. Hard to master, I usually miss my swing and the opposition just steps in and slices me up.
    Nothing stops a leaping Vanguard like a sidestep stab…except once in awhile I can overhead Flail him out of the air.

If you think small fast weapons take less skill I pitty you x.x

• I don’t think that lol.

• @Zian:

U have to be able to keep attacking with them. If you miss once and they swing in its near impossible to come back from

• One parry means you have no stamina then you die with a dagger. xD

• Banned

Its all about running circles around them, and if you get hit once you die. To win you have to hit them in the head 50 times in a row.

• @Zian:

Perhaps I didn’t phrase that quite right…small weapons definitely have drawbacks, mostly range and damage. However, I think missing a strike with the Norse Sword- for instance- doesn’t leave me as open to getting hit as bad as missing with the Maul.
    Again, I’m speaking of my personal fighting style .

• Anyways Zian. Would you prefer to use a messer or a Zweihander?

• Banned

Probably messer on the fact that zwei feints are easier to read. Other wise I would use zwei if I was fighting unskilled hordes.

• Banned

@Gnarlydude:

Perhaps I didn’t phrase that quite right…small weapons definitely have drawbacks, mostly range and damage. However, I think missing a strike with the Norse Sword- for instance- doesn’t leave me as open to getting hit as bad as missing with the Maul.
    Again, I’m speaking of my personal fighting style .

Everything is based around your playstyle/playstyles. If someone plays as a vanguard with a greatsword and always uses a spin around attack to kill their enemies, when they swap to a man at arms and they spin around for that attack they will just instantly die. You have to adjust your tactics accordingly to become a good player. Everything has its drawbacks and advantages and while some weapons are overall better it doesn’t change the fact that the only way to effectively use different weapons is to change the way you fight every weapon. From maul to hunting knife.

• The messer two hit is so op lol

• Banned

@King:

The messer two hit is so op lol

You are lucky can say messer two hit, when maa it’s the bane of fighting against multiple enemies when on top of having to kill multiple opponents, if you make one mistake you instantly die.

• As long as you hit them in the head you’re good tbh.

• @Zian:

Everything is based around your playstyle/playstyles. If someone plays as a vanguard with a greatsword and always uses a spin around attack to kill their enemies, when they swap to a man at arms and they spin around for that attack they will just instantly die. You have to adjust your tactics accordingly to become a good player. Everything has its drawbacks and advantages and while some weapons are overall better it doesn’t change the fact that the only way to effectively use different weapons is to change the way you fight every weapon. From maul to hunting knife.

Total agreement with that one!

• @King:

+Messer is the last bastard sword you unlock. Making alot of people think its the best “end game” kind of weapon tbh.

It really does depend on your play style.

• Banned

longsword would beat messer in a duel anyday, it’s better for team fights for its massive damage so you can finish off opponents quickly.

• In a good connection, i don’t think so.

• Banned

@King:

In a good connection, i don’t think so.

Is this relating to my post, and if which part?

• @Zian:

longsword would beat messer in a duel anyday, it’s better for team fights for its massive damage so you can finish off opponents quickly.

Literally the one above lol

• Banned

You disagree with the whole thing? XD So the longsword loses in a 1v1 and the messer is bad for team fights and has terrible damage lol